Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dalia negra

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalia negra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Dalia negra Reply with quote

Well, I was going to start by telling in detail my five days with No S diet, but I think I'll start from scratch and start from today.

To resume, I will say that I have realized that I have only made one green day and one orange day, and that it is very easy to believe that one is in the method when it is not at all. I love registering my days here, it helps to become aware when we're doing it wrong, and it takes away that classic feeling of being "always" on a diet when it's not like that at all. And we tend to tell everything as a whole, when the real season doing things right is just a few days loose.

Regarding my first impressions, I will say that on Saturday I had managed to arrive with much less hunger to everything and was very on track, but on Sunday I could not wait to eat sweets again until next weekend, and that made me eat in excess at night.

Of course, I've been wanting to go back to my old diet every day Mr. Green

Anyway, I will continue and give me a new opportunity. Then I will come to tell how my day has gone today.
jenji

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, hope you stay around!
Current weight 172#, BMI 26.5 - 1/26/2018
Dalia negra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello girls!

As you can see, I left No S. It's much harder than it seems, more so if you're uncertain whether you'll lose weight or not (which is what I do most of the time) but I'm willing to start.
Start a diet over and over again does not bring me anything good, it's more, it has made me gain weight.

So here I am, willing to try to do 21 days well.
oolala53

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what you meant by "I left No S again." You don't have to succeed every day nor check in to be "on" it. It's a matter of aspiring. You wont know until you give it a few months whether it will bring weight loss as is or if you may need some mods. The point is that doing the least you have to is really your best bet. It's much easier to get tougher later than to get tough at first, stall, and then be stuck with having to give up more and more.

Going on and off diets hasn't gotten you to two years of maintenance, right? Stay here for awhile. If nothing else, you will have learned something about eating.

(BTW, two years of maintenance is the absolute minimum considered by scientists who study weight loss for saying that a person has "lost weight" and has at least a 50% chance of maintaining it. Don't despair! You'll notice if you pay attention that it is not torture all the time. In fact, it's "torture" very little of the time, IF you also make efforts to find what is interesting in life besides eating and losing weight.)
Jan/12-26.8
Mar/13-24.9 Stayed at +/- 8-lb. for three years Sept/17 22.8 (but more fluctuation)
Dec/17 23.8

There is no S better than Vanilla No S.
Dalia negra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your words oolala53, they encourage me a lot.

With leaving No S I wanted to say that I have been bingeing, I have started a diet, I have lasted two days and I have bingeed again. I agree with what you say and I am willing to give you a chance and stay here for a long time.
Dalia negra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success.

Today I felt very good about this plan, I have eaten very tasty and I have taken it very well.
This afternoon an unforeseen event occurred, I was thinking of having a coffee with milk when I returned from picking up my daughter from school, but another mother invited us to have a snack at her house. I wanted to have a coffee with milk there, but I did not have it, so I have had a tea and I have endured like a champion. I have come home hungry for dinner, but I have endured and I am very happy.

Tomorrow for another green day!
ladybird30

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalia negra wrote:
I have endured like a champion.

I like it.
oolala53

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. I bet some day you'll come home hungry and won't feel you endured it, but be grateful for it because your dinner will taste so good!
Jan/12-26.8
Mar/13-24.9 Stayed at +/- 8-lb. for three years Sept/17 22.8 (but more fluctuation)
Dec/17 23.8

Dalia negra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks oolala53!

Yes, I'm sure it will happen if I continue to build my good habits. Yesterday I enjoyed my dinner a lot and I feel very hopeful.

Have a wonderful day! Very Happy
Dalia negra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had an absolutely amazing thing happen!

I am planning my day today, the purchase that I will make, what I will cook, etc ... and thinking about the breakfast that I will make to my daughter in a while (when I wake her up) I have realized that I ALSO have to have breakfast , I still have not done it !!!! This for me is a miracle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dalia negra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success.

Today I have hardly thought of food ... my day has passed without anxiously waiting for the next meal. This is novel and incredible for me. I'm very happy. I feel excited and relaxed in equal parts (although this is totally incompatible Laughing )

Tomorrow for another day well done.
oolala53

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How delightful!
Jan/12-26.8
Dec/17 23.8

automatedeating

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like wonderful and rewarding progress! Yay for you!
8/17: BMI 25.8
Dalia negra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Oolala and automatedeating !!!! Very Happy

Today I woke up very hungry, but it is normal, yesterday I ate very light. I did not do it on purpose, I felt full enough and I did not want anything more caloric, but I guess that has been noticed today. Anyway, I'm not worried, I just had my coffee with milk and soon I'll have breakfast.

You fill the plate with more caloric things when you are hungry?
oolala53

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't. Never did. In fact, I find when I get really hungry, most of the time, it takes less food before I start feeling full. But I usually eat what's on my plate, It's a reasonable plate!
Jan/12-26.8
Dec/17 23.8

Dalia negra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect!

Well, I'll continue as I do today; I also find that my dishes are reasonable, and I know I can deal with a bit more hunger between meals. I read in this forum that someone had endured the feeling of hunger and after a while he was gone. And it is totally true, it has happened to me these days. And I love knowing that I can handle it and that it does not control me Smile
oolala53

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some "hunger" is just the body seeking the reward it got at this regular time, or the reward of a junk-type food. Also, everyone has some stored glucose. When the ingested glucose and insulin levels drop, the body goes after the stored glucose. If we didn't have that, there likely wouldn't be humans because they all would have starved looking for food.(and it's usually only after the stored glucose is used up that the body goes after fat. So.... Wink )

I wonder sometimes if Reinhard is a little miffed that some members (well, this member) still gets so caught up in the explanations. He has an intuitive sense about these things without having to know how it all worked. It would be interesting if there could be a study that compared people who committed to do nothing except keep to Vanilla-no more reading than the nosdiet blurb and the book- and use Habitcal vs. people who kept scanning the internet for more appetite and slim country eating habits. The first group might win... Sad
Jan/12-26.8
Dec/17 23.8

RAWCOOKIE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just throwing this in - I find I often feel hungry when my weight has gone down slightly...........

13.6.15 124.25lbs
7.2.18 114lbs
Dalia negra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAWCOOKIE wrote:
just throwing this in - I find I often feel hungry when my weight has gone down slightly...........

Razz Razz That sounds really good!

Oolala, it's very likely that it's about that, yes Wink . Bad habits that will disappear little by little.

Today has been another day of success.
I have been hungry for most of the day, just like in my times of hypocaloric diets, but strangely, I have not felt that I should skip anything, or abandon anything, because I am eating normally (like normal people) and what I like. I do not want to leave No S, and I do not feel desperate or hopeless with "another method". On the contrary, I just want to go on and on ... and I know that the feeling of "hunger" will disappear. I swear that with any other diet, I would feel absolutely defeated, and at this point of the day, I would have had a binge or several. But with No S no, and I feel very happy.
Dalia negra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello girls! I'm going to post and because tonight I have dinner and movies with some friends and I'll be late.

Today I woke up with two good news: I lost 2.6 pounds and I tried a jersey that was recently adjusted, and I have more loose and I look better with him. This has made my morning more happy than losing weight; It is true what I have read here that the important thing is to look better and not kilos.

I do not intend to weigh me again until next Friday, it will be my official weight day, although I do not want to obsess; later on it is likely to space more my heavy. I am very aware that this is a long-term race and losing weight or not will not stop me.

Another thing that has happened to me is that I have felt fuller with my usual breakfast, yesterday's hunger has disappeared.
Today I intend to enjoy the food, but without spending it. I think one dessert this evening after dinner and another after lunch will be enough. Tomorrow I will tell you if it has been like this or not.

Have a wonderful day!
oolala53

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens to Rawcookie happens to me, too. I read it as the body's rebellion against losing for dear life's sake. But since I know it to be an illusion that I'm in danger, I think we've come to an agreement. It's higher than it was at its lightest, but the urges are less annoying, too.

It IS convenient to look more like the image, but I think if you read through, more people are actually more reinforced for feeling more content and more appreciation for the food they do eat. That's what can often sustain people through whatever discipline they need to solidify the habits. Then if it's really important, they can try more reining in knowing what the adjustment period is like.

Which is not to say I'm not very happy Very Happy for you!
Jan/12-26.8
Dec/17 23.8

Dalia negra

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Oolala! Very Happy

I understand perfectly that you want to tell me, and I am beginning to feel it myself. There are no rules (except the s) and I do not have to be subject to a certain number of carbohydrates, or proteins, I do not have to be thinking all the time if I can eat it or not, etc ... it's very liberating !!! !!!!! Although I recognize that the fear of getting fat is still too strong in me, even having evidence that it will not be like that, but it always happens when I start a new "diet", until I do not see that I am going to lose weight, I do not relax. And it is not that I take No S as another diet, I do not even consider it a diet, but this mentality is deeply rooted in me. I go with fear, I admit it.

Yesterday was a very good day. I had my usual plate, and at lunchtime we had some appetizers and the main course. I gave myself permission to eat the appetizers, a soft drink and the dessert, but I found that when eating the appetizers my plate was cut in half, so inadvertently, I made the virtual plate. So my excess was reduced to soda and dessert (which was not too caloric either, a sugary yogurt).

At night, dinner with friends and movies. We went to an Italian restaurant. I was not very hungry (and yesterday I spent my time between meals without coffee and milk Smile ). One of my friends suggested ordering two appetizers and two dishes and sharing (We were four) and I thought it was a good suggestion (better than eating without measure as I would have done in the past). We also ordered a couple of drinks and a dessert. I ate much less than on other occasions and again, calculating, I ate what fits on my plate, so very good. Above all, I'm happy because I did not have the anxiety or desire to stuff myself, with this amount of food I felt full enough, but not heavy.

I do not know if I'm doing well by having my moderate S days. Did someone do it from the beginning? I can not help thinking that I'm not doing it correctly anyway and that it would be better to be moderate later on, but on the other hand, I do not see it necessary to eat more and I do not feel restricted. They are normal amounts, not my old amounts of compulsive eater. This is fine as well?

I'm going to mark yesterday and then I'll tell you how it went today.
automatedeating

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it doesn't require a lot of willpower/focus for you to have moderate S Days, by all means keep them moderate.

S Days are meant as a release valve for the willpower required to get through the week. So some people need more release on the weekend and some people need less.

And our release valve needs seem to vary from person to person -- I personally find that I really need the freedom to graze on the weekends; other people really really want sweets; and I guess some people just want to eat copious quantities of food (seconds, thirds, fourths). We can apply oolala's suggestion -- be calm & curious as we watch what we seem to desire on the weekends. It changes over time.

But if you don't feel that need, or if you don't feel it strongly, then don't manufacture it just so the day looks "S-ey"; I personally would LOVE to have a time come when my S Days are very "N-ey". Laughing Laughing
8/17: BMI 25.8
Dalia negra

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much automatedeating Very Happy !!!! Today I have been rereading Reinhard's book and he says that perfect S days are those that are the same as No S days but with some whim. And that's what mine are. Personally, I'm not a big pecker, but I love sweets and my diet history, when I do not make one, like in large quantities. So, I have already managed to reduce my quantities without undue hassles, with which I suppose it is not necessary to increase them over the weekend. I'll stay with my days like that, three plates and some sweet whim.

Today has been another good day.

I have eaten my usual breakfast plate, and as we have eaten later than usual (guests at my mother-in-law's house) I have been a little hungry before eating, but curiously, even though I start my meal with a snack, then I fill up with half of the main course, and I end up eating the same amount as in the days No S. Then I had a dessert and I spent the whole afternoon without needing milk or anything to get right to dinner.

For dinner, ham sandwich and a little vegetable and for dessert a little ice cream, like a big ball.

And that's all for today, tomorrow for a green day !!!!!
Dalia negra

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today red day.

I have arrived from my daughter's school in a bad mood, tired and a little sad and I have binge. It was not because of hunger, but because of negative thoughts. Menstruation is coming and I suppose it has also been for that. But I did not get discouraged, I did not expect to leave binges so soon. And anyway, I have eaten much less than in other binges. So I mark my day as red and tomorrow to follow.
Dalia negra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday was a green day.

I feel pangs of hunger at certain times of the day, but they calm down with the milk and I know positively that it is because I am pre-menstruating, so I can take it and that's it. As soon as it comes, it will soften.
oolala53

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good insights. thumbs up
Jan/12-26.8
Dec/17 23.8

Dalia negra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Oolala! Although my good intentions have been diverted a little, but nothing serious, I frame and I return.

Yesterday and today red days. I know positively that it is because of the premenstrual syndrome, that although it is not an excuse either, it has me quite fed up this month. I do not worry, I know that adjusting and staying here will take time. At the moment, I am very eager to return to my green days; They feel very good and I do not find it hard to carry. They give me tranquility and peace with the food.

Tomorrow for a day No S !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Daily Check In All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: