A NEW ME BECAUSE OF YOU!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Josie

A NEW ME BECAUSE OF YOU!

Post by Josie » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:58 am

:D :D :D I have been dieting and following this program seriously for 9 months. In that time, I have lost an incredible amount of weight and increased my weight and fitness in ways I never dreamed possible. I started off at 289 lbs. I am now at 193 and still dropping. Back in Arpil I finally tried to run a few steps. I ran 6 steps and nearly died. I had forgotten HOW TO RUN! Now I run 3 miles and up and down hills. I STILL HATE excercising!! Running is NOT fun!! I am back in here ready to learn about shovelglove as I think I can do it now. I will be 50 in November. I wanted to be Fit at Fifty.. NOT, Fat AT FIFTY! This plan really, truly works! Be kind to yourself. Some days are just better than others. Do the best you can and Stick With IT! I don't have a thyroid, I HAD very high blood pressure ( controlled by drugs), I HAD a lower back agony and my joints cracked and creaked like everything. I ran six steps after walking for months. Each day I added 5 more steps. The biggest relief in my life was getting up in the morning and not doubling over in pain from my lower back killing me. Dieting is NOT FUN and I hate it and excercise both. My motivation comes from achieving small steps everyday, getting into those pants I could never wear, from not having pain and for having the strength and core coordination to attempt new things. I am just starting an ab workout as my belly is still far too large but I am confident that I will do my best to make it happen, even if I go at it slow.. it will all add up in the end. Please feel free to write me for before pictures and current pictures. Is THAT really ME?? I never knew I had dimples on THOSE CHEEKS!! LOL! I CHEAT EVERY WEEKEND!! I love red wines and dark beer! This diet allows me that choice. I truly believe my finding this Diet has changed my life forever. No words can express my Thanks! My DR is going to go into shock when I go see him in October! What fun!! yippeee~~
WORK HARD, PLAY HARDER!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:07 pm

Josie,

Congratulations! This is fantastic news. Wow. 289-193=96 pounds. Not that we obsess about numbers here, but wow. It's even more impressive considering you are not starving yourself but eating moderately and well. Thank you for posting!

As for the exercise, 3 miles up and down hills sounds pretty fit to me!

As for shovelglove, I think the two most important aspects about it are the spirit of fun and those silly sounding schedulistically insignificant 14 N-daily minutes. The trick is to somehow convince yourself to do something every day, and shovelglove's combintation of strictness and fun is a great way to do this. Start very, very slowly, with a light weight (a broom, even, until you feel comfortable with the movements). Feel free to throw in other movements that don't involve a slegehammer if you like.

Reinhard

david

Post by david » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:38 pm

Josie,

Your post made my day! You rule!

--david

hlidskjalf

Post by hlidskjalf » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:50 am

This is a great post. A testament to stick-to-it-iv-ness. Great job.
Burn all, burn everything. Fire is bright and fire is clean.

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:01 am

that is a real inspiration. that is amazing. You lost fairly quickly. Almost 100 pounds in 9 months. Did you eat anything you wanted, or did you stick to healthy choices? Did you really eat a lot on the plate or did you watch your portions?
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

Big Phil

Congatulations

Post by Big Phil » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:34 am

I just want to say that sounds truly amazing, Good on you! Not that it sounds like you need any more encouragement that you have already gained from your results! Between you and Freakwitch, these are transformation stories that would do any over-hyped fad diet justice, except it isn't a fad and is eminently sustainable. Take a bow! (you too Reinhard!)
If you have had back problems, go easy on the Shovelglove, nobody wants a disc injury or sciatic problem. Having said that, I don't think there is anything better for your back, stomach and posture than Shovelglove. It is upright, it trains the back and stomach muscles as a single functional unit and it real-world movement that you will use carrying real-life objects or even your own bodyweight. I wouldn't bother with sit-ups, pilates etc because these usually isolate the stomach muscles, rather than training them in concert with your back muscles; as well as being done mostly lying down, which isn't very functional (except sometimes :wink: )! Shovelglove is better, just start off with a 6-pounder (or 4 pounder if such a thing exists) and go carefully. Maybe stick with the running a while longer to give the back and stomach some general conditioning, then shovelglove-it-up, you won't regret it!
Congratulation, post photos for the shock and awe effect.

Phil.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:52 am

Josie I just read this..

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man you must really be feeling amazing!!!!
What a great success story!!!!!
I'm so happy to hear about the quality of your life improving!!!!
Fantastic!!!!

Many congratulations!!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:09 am

are you totally off the blood pressure meds? I am on these meds and would love to get off of them
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:20 am

What an inspiration!! I printed out your testimony and have it on my refrigerator and at my desk at work. Congratulations. You have truly reinvented yourself.
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:41 am

By the way. We need pictures and details, details, details.
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."

want2bhealthy

way to go!!!

Post by want2bhealthy » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:54 am

you are truly an inspiration. i needed to read your post today.
man, i have tried EVERYTHING else, this has to be my last stop.
starting fresh july 1-09
wt 207

gettnbusy

Post by gettnbusy » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:09 am

WOW!! Josie...way to go. I am most touched by your stick-to-it attitude. You may be doing it slightly more or less strict thatn the rest of us but it doesn't matter. What is OBVIOUS is that you have embraced the entire concept that Reinhard has presented. Food is no longer your master and you've learned to control it, with better portion sizing and healthier choices. GOOD FOR YOU!

The increase in your activity level is phenomenal! That definitely has contributed in a large part to your large loss. Im so happy for your back! LOL

As others have already said, this is the best thing I've read all WEEK and is TRULY INSPIRING to the rest of us who just started. Thanks so much for sharing your progress!
~I'm still not perfect~
~Sophie~

MerryKat

Congrats!

Post by MerryKat » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:22 pm

Wow Josie those are awesome results. You really have given me inspiration to keep going.

I second the request for photo's - we would love to see the new and improving you.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:07 pm

I got to see Josies pics folks!
They are really amazing!
She is a beautiful lady!
Both before and during!!!

Yeah Josie!
Post them piccies for all to see~
Send them to Reinhard or something :)

Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Kevin

Great Job, Josie!

Post by Kevin » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:33 am

You rock!
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

scottwblack

Post by scottwblack » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:05 pm

Wow. Great post. So great, in fact, that it's brought me back to No S for a third time. Over the past three months I've been dealing with Hurricane Katrina-related Post-Traumatic Stress and haven't been doing what I need to do. No longer, though. Thanks!

gretchen

Post by gretchen » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:42 pm

Amazing testimonial! I am not so far off from where you started in weight and I just began NoS yesterday. I hope to post a similar success in the future! I'm also dying to know how it went at your doctor's appt. in October AND get an update on your success . . .
Gretchen
While you're alive . . . LIVE!

TingTing

Post by TingTing » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:19 pm

Congratulations! Your story is truly inspiring!

I am trying right now and I am having problems getting into No S ing. Your story has given me a boost and I am now more determined than ever to make this diet work!

Thank you! :D

bizzybee

Post by bizzybee » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:32 pm

What an inspiring post. Way to go Josie!

This is just what I needed today.