Missy's Meals & Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

missywilde70

Missy's Meals & Check In

Post by missywilde70 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:36 pm

My modified NO S plan is 3 meals a day of any food-nothing off limits, 7 days a week ("stolen" from Lifeisablessing's mod!). I do not take weekend S days, but do take "extra special" S days, keeping moderation in mind. And lastly, in case of a true emergency ONLY, I allow a 4th mini very healthy meal - nearing a feeling of passing out from hunger required.

My meals for yesterday:

Breakfast:

Green smoothie
(white grape juice, kale, frozen peaches, splash of raspberry syrup)
2 eggs
Canadian Bacon
Hash Browns

Lunch:

Beet Salad with Arugula, sliced almonds and mustard vinegarette
Fish Sticks
Fruit Fluff

Dinner:

CopyCat "make it at home" Chipotle Burrito Bowl
Coconut Milk Ice cream - Chocolate Flavor

Satisfied & on Plan! GREEN DAY!
Missy

LifeisaBlessing

Post by LifeisaBlessing » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:46 pm

Hi again Missy!

Your plan sounds great--as I'm a very firm member of Team Mod, I think this will work out beautifully! :)

Your breakfast yesterday actually reminded me of one of my favorites from McDonald's--the classic Egg McMuffin! Yum! Sometimes I'll even have it for dinner since they now serve certain portions of their breakfast menu all day. Love it!

This is such a doable approach to NoS. It respects the fact that you do need boundaries--in this case portion control--but it allows you the freedom to choose what foods you'd like within those boundaries. For me, I've found that limiting the volume of food is more than enough. Anything else beyond that is too restrictive, and is a recipe for failure.

Best wishes as you move forward and welcome to the NoS boards! :)
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean

The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective.
~El Fug, on the NoS Diet

missywilde70

Post by missywilde70 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:30 pm

Blessing - thank you for commenting again - LOVE the reference to needing the boundaries but also needing freedom within the boundaries, couldn't have said it better!

So glad you have chosen to be here for those of us still struggling or starting our journies, even long after you have reached your goal. Thank you.

:D
Missy

missywilde70

Post by missywilde70 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:41 pm

SUCCESS

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast:

Green Smoothie
Leftover piece of broasted chicken
Bread and Butter

Lunch:

Very Tasty Salad Plate: assorted pickled veg, greens with oil/vinegar, fresh raw veg, salami, cheese, sesame sticks, and a small amount of honey roasted nuts
One scoop of chocolate coconut milk ice cream with one crumbled oreo on top

Dinner:

Most of a chicken pot pie, so filling I did not eat it all
Missy

LifeisaBlessing

Post by LifeisaBlessing » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:25 pm

You're doing great Missy! :) And I'm happy to help--that was one of my reasons for joining the boards almost two years ago. :)

If you get the chance, take a moment to read the article that ZippaDee linked to over in the General Discussion forum. It's NoS-like, and really invaluable with tons of common-sense strategies for weight loss! :)
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean

The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective.
~El Fug, on the NoS Diet

missywilde70

Post by missywilde70 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:59 pm

SUCCESS

Yesterday's Meals:

Breakfast:

Smoothie
Eggs and Toast

Lunch:

cup of tomato soup, 1/2 chile lime chicken salad & 1/2 plain bagel with cream cheese - Panera

Dinner:

Salmon, Rice, Peas, handful of mini m&ms

Not sure if during this busy holiday season I can keep up with daily meals and check in maybe few times a week until Jan!
Missy

missywilde70

Post by missywilde70 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:03 pm

Blessing - the straighforwardfatloss article, I actually read that a few months back found it on my own --- I guess I am a research junkie.

Oh, and I also bought his book from Amazon and read it too.

I also own and refer to Georgie Fear's Lean Habits often as well, also a great resource, love her down to earth yet practical approach. Also very No S friendly!

Thank you for the reference, anything that keeps my focus on this way of eating is always encouraging and motivating!
Missy

missywilde70

Post by missywilde70 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:05 am

SUCCESSfull--ish

Sunday and Monday I still stuck to 3 meals a day, although lunch and supper both days "supersized" IMO, so not sure if I will call those two days complete successes. However, I am very encouraged that I did not eat outside of mealtimes.

Evaluating meal composition for the past two days, lack of decent amount of protein was very evident and that may be what lead me to eat larger portions.

So, I am going to Keep Calm and NO S on...
Missy

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:14 am

Onwards!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

LifeisaBlessing

Post by LifeisaBlessing » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:01 pm

Missy--you're doing fine! Like oolala said, "Onwards!" :)

It's always a great idea to do what you're doing: reflecting back on possibly what caused you to eat more than you wanted to. Over the last almost-two years I've been NoSing, I've really played around with my protein amounts. I used to supplement with protein bars that tasted great, but unfortunately, the sugar alcohols did NOT agree with me, so I gave them up. I think they were also causing me to be a bit obsessed over protein, so in a way, I'm glad I had to give them up to get back to a more "normal" approach to food.

Also, give yourself some days that you will naturally feel a bit more hungry than others. Hormonal changes throughout the month can really affect hunger levels, as well as the amount of sleep you get. I had a bout of insomnia earlier this week, and yesterday, my hunger level was through the roof! :o Because of the amount of food I ate in the morning and early afternoon, I ended up skipping dinner (my own little version of IF), so no caloric harm done, but it never fails to amaze me how lack of sleep can really make my hunger signals go haywire.

In any case, just keep moving forward, and definitely make note of food/situations/moods and how they affect your eating and hunger levels. This journey is truly a lifelong learning process! :)
~Jimmy Dean

~El Fug, on the NoS Diet

missywilde70

Post by missywilde70 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:02 pm

Blessing! So funny you mentioned the sleep factor, I have been waking up more than an hour earlier for several days in a row now, and not making up the lost sleep, so that could definitely be part of it. I am waiting for the crash, but I just keep on tikin'...maybe the excitement of getting ready for the holidays as my "to do" list is the first thing on my mind at 4 am!

Another thing I am noticing as time goes on, my IBS and food sensitivity symptoms are improving significantly. I really believe that fasted time in between meals is very healing to our digestive systems.

Sometimes I think HOW did I get so derailed from just eating normally? I gained 5 pounds at my first office job at age 17, boss said I was getting a little chubby so crash dieted, and now it's been 30 years of on and off the latest diet, and up and down on the scale, mostly up, and for the past several years I have about 50, not 5 pounds to lose! (I am the queen of run-on sentences!)

Thank God (and Mr. Engels) for NO S SANITY! And many others here who have posted their experiences to lead me to this way of living (notice I did not say way of eating). I think I am going to sometime soon make a list of all the other influential people, books, websites, blogs, youtube videos etc. that support this type of plan to refer back to for encouragement.

I recently have truly accepted the fact that to get to where I want to be, there will be times I will stumble. I believe is a pivotal moment in my ability to stick with this for the long haul. There will be good days and not so good days, but the important thing is to get right back on the horse.

After two days of feeling slightly like I overate, so far today is very good, I truly have less appetite. I am feeling satisfied comfortable with less food today. Confident it will all balance out.

That's all for now, time for a gift wrapping marathon!
Missy

missywilde70

Post by missywilde70 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:42 pm

So, So many sick days in a row, holidays and then more sick days :cry:

So finally feeling better and back on track, actually lost 2 pounds due to sick days..mostly living on chicken soup and fruit most of the time.

Yesterday's meals

Green smoothie, eggs and toast

Finnish Meat Pie, salad

Hamburger, Fries and veggies and dip, apple pie
Missy

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:46 pm

Glad you're feeling better. :)

LifeisaBlessing

Post by LifeisaBlessing » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:57 pm

Good to see you're feeling better! :) And chicken soup is one of my favorite foods of all time--so many great things about it!

Happy new year! :)
~Jimmy Dean

~El Fug, on the NoS Diet

missywilde70

Post by missywilde70 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:00 pm

Checking in - had a few RED days after recovering from the almost 4 week illness. After I was fully recovered I was ravenous for several days, I must have undereaten when I was ill, or maybe just needed to eat more after being ill, not sure but it was TRUE hunger. I really craved seconds/very large portions of things like veggies, baked potatoes and meat, red med in particular. So at least I wasn't overeating junkfood anyway.

No change in weight since last check in.

Meals for yesterday:

Smoothie
Eggs and Toast

Trader Joe's Orange Chicken and Rice
Ice Cream sundae

Hamburger, fries and salad (homecooked), and for "dessert", big spoon of peanut butter. Odd combo, I know...
Missy

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:14 am

I don't want this info to send you on compulsive eating after being ill, but researchers on fasting for longevity (and also to improve the efficacy of cancer treatments) have found that eating a lot less or even total fasting for short periods- ill or not-acts to dismantle inferior cells in the body. After that, though going quickly to regular eating may not be the best strategy, increased calories allows the body to rebuild new, superior cells. Let's assume your body built some Cadillac cells with your non-junk food.

And in our (women from the diet world) culture, there is nothing odd at all about ending with a dollop of peanut butter. It may move onto a piece of fruit in the future... :wink:
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

missywilde70

Post by missywilde70 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:11 pm

Wow, it's been more than a month since I've checked in. Mostly green days as I have found virtually plating my breakfast into two smaller meals helps me not want to eat quite as much at lunch and dinner.

Down only one pound in the past month, I will take it.

I also find that keeping some kind of green in my diet each day not only helps my energy, but I think keeps my appetite in check. Arugula, kale, etc.

Typical meals lately:

7 am
Fruit & black coffee

10 am
2 eggs and one slice buttered toast

1 pm
salad, meat & veg, bread or dessert not both

6 pm
Beef Roast or Steak, potato, salad, OR chicken, rice, veg etc. Sometimes pizza or Tacos. Saturday's soup salad and bread.

I have been cooking from scratch A LOT lately, making batches and freezing, such a wonderful convenience to just unthaw good healthy meals and heat them up, cheaper and so much more healthy than take out or drive thru!

Also, reading a lot about French and Italian meal structure, culture and cooking/recipes, and also Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food. I don't ever want to be that "health nut" that everyone hates, but this type of research keeps my interest in real food, even if that includes homemade desserts and rich sauces. They all have their place, in moderation!
Missy

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:45 pm

Hi Missy --
What is your easiest pre-cooked batch? I'm interested in trying one, because your dinners seem family-friendly.
I also keep thinking I should learn how to use the crockpot, but then I get overwhelmed & don't try because the recipes seem either to have a million ingredients, or only 2. Ha! I'd like to eat more whole foods, but I also want simple meals.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8;
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
6/20-22.5; 7/20-23.0; 9/20-23.6
4/21 - 25.2

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:13 pm

Well done, Missy. I've been including something green in my lunches for a couple of decades (even when I was binging) and anyone who saw my lunch would say, "That looks so healthy!" Or "What is that?" but with nice curiosity. This is when I was eating kale 10 years before the trend.I don't know if it's voodoo or not, I like it better when lunch and/or dinner has some bright green. It's not a bad quirk if it is one.

Auto, you didn't ask me but I often cook batches of beans or a meat very simply in a crockpot (or a grain like rye berries which hold their shape decently after long cooking). I tend to do it overnight and then refrigerate enough for one meal and freeze the rest. Then I add sauces when I heat the ingredients, usually adding one veg to be "cooked" with the other stuff and add a sauce I've bought. I check labels to make sure there are only a few ingredients and keep the servings low to avoid a lot of salt and just lightly flavor the food. Dinner rarely takes more than 15 minutes. Costco has a pound of greens for under $4 so it's easy to put some and a carrot or red peppers on the plate, too. Or variations. That might not fill the bill for the kind of meal you were looking for but can be an interim strategy while you ease into more complicated meals in the pot. It's a great time saver! I'm pretty sure there are a lot of recipes on the internet that specialize in just a few ingredients which might sometimes include a prepared sauce. (I got one out of the library for vegetarian meals with 5 ingredients and found the author was recommending a lot of what I was already doing.)

Here are a couple that came up on a search for 5 ingredient crock pot recipes. Not sure what your parameters are for meals but these give you and idea of what's out there.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/ ... /view-all/

https://www.buzzfeed.com/christinebyrne ... .fm7NvZZvB
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:21 am

Oolala -- thank you for these links! This is just the type of food I would like to start cooking for the family. Simple, 5 ingredients, comfort food. Thanks!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

missywilde70

Post by missywilde70 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:53 pm

oolala - Thank you, and since I have "discovered" wild rocket/arugula cannot get enough, I love the bite it has.

automatedeating - I would have to say the easiest batch cooking that I do is beef chuck roast or beef chuck steak (thick). I sear it right in my speckle roaster pan on the stove with peanut oil (or your high smoke point fat of choice) season with S & P, a sprinkle of garlic maybe, then top with some sliced onions, cover very tightly with foil, pan should fit the meat snuggly, don't use a pan too big. Bake at 250 degrees for 2-3 hours until fall apart tender. Then I cool it down and seal a meal or family meal size portion in my foodsaver and pop in the freezer, be sure to add a bit of the pan juices to each bag. Take out the night before you want to use, or an hour before and defrost in cold water while still in the foodsaver bag, and re-heat for any of the following uses, the possibilities are many:

Traditional Potroast - add cooked potatoes and carrots on the side

Shred and add taco or fajita seasoning for fajitas, tacos, or copycat Chipoltle buritto bowls, etc.

Turn it into an awesome Texas Style Chili - add a can of tomatoes & chili seasoning (put in crockpot on low for a few hours to heat up/meld flavorsl)

Shred and add BBQ sauce and serve on Kaiser Rolls with slaw for BBQ Beef Sammy's, probs can also use crock pot for keeping warm.

Add store bought gravy and serve over hot pasta with or without peas or carrots, or both.

And for my second choice for easy and favorite batch cooking is any kind of soup that does NOT contain pasta (gets mushy in freezer). I make chicken broth from scratch (that is a little more work, OK a lot more, but I LLOOVVEE to cook) but you could totally use store bought - I like "better than" brand in a jar when I am in a pinch. Then I add diced up veg, rice or barley, cook until tender, add meat of choice and freeze in either individual serving sizes or family meal sizes, I like those ziplock screw top containers the best for freezing soups.

My 3 most often made soups are:

Chicken Barley (with carrots, celery onion, can of tomatoes)
Chicken with Jasmine & Wild Rice (with carrots, celery onion, can of tomatoes)
Beef Barley (I still use chicken broth, and ground beef or chuck roast like mentioned above) Also with (with carrots, celery onion, can of tomatoes)

PS My fastest shortcut batch which is actually cooked by my local grocery, is Gerber's Amish Rotisserie Chicken, which I cut up in portions and foodsaver for future use with countless side dishes whatever is on hand at the time. Same as above defrost and heat and eat, or make chicken salad, soup, etc. And I use the bones for stock.
Missy

missywilde70

Post by missywilde70 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:38 pm

Yesterday's Meals - GREEN DAY

Breakfast @ 8 am: "Extra Green" Green Smoothie &
one hot buttered soft boiled egg with pink salt (don't knock it til you try it!)

Lunch @ Noon: loaded veggie salad with blue cheese dressing, sauteed yellow squash & zucchini, breaded cod with slice of cheese melted on top, chocolate chip marzipan bar

Supper @ 6 pm: Taco Salad

Two days ago meals:

Breakfast - black coffee

Brunch - Small DIY meat-free Sub with lots of veggies (no cheese) mayo and hot peppers, sweet pickle. Small scoop of leftover shredded bbq pork on the side, Reese's PB sticks for dessert.

Dinner - Steak & fries with small salad
Missy

missywilde70

Post by missywilde70 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:07 am

Sad to say I gained THREE pounds this week! I still stuck to my 3 meals and no snacks, but really overate the last few days at lunch and dinner, for some reason (maybe pms) my appetite has been insatiable! I actually ate an entire 10 ounce sirloin with baked potato, green beans and a salad AND bread and was still hungry! Hoping after Aunt Flow comes and goes the three pounds will as well !
Missy

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:10 am

Oh my gosh, I so relate!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:38 am

Water, water, everywhere. Do you keep track of the trends? It might be interesting to compare the weights at analogous times of the month for awhile.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

missywilde70

Post by missywilde70 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:32 pm

Thank you both! I ONLY drink water, all day and between meals, and one cup of black coffee. This was truly overeating that caused the weight gain and I am also nearing menopause. I am not consistent with weighing as it stresses me out. But will see what next weeks reading is!
Missy

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:57 pm

I meant the water in your body. :) It builds up for the big event! In a week, it will be over, right? But they're not very comfortable weeks. :(

Man, I wish I liked that bite of arugula. If I did, maybe I could learn to like coffee black. It's doctored. So is my tea. Otherwise, it's like medicine to me. Glad it's "food" to you! Nice option.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

missywilde70

Post by missywilde70 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:36 pm

Oolala,

OH! Water retention, well don't I feel like a dummy LOL.

Regarding the bite of arugula and black coffee....

We don't have any store that offers loose fresh arugula which is best tasting, but I am very picky about the brands of packaged near us. Taylor Farms is the only one I like. The others are too bitter, have an aftertaste.
Also, the peppery bite is counteracted by adding roasted or pickled beets, mandarin oranges, poppyseed or honey mustard dressing, dried cranberries or anything naturally sweet to balance the flavors. I also very often will also add goat cheese for creaminess and slivered nuts for crunch.

Coffee: a good quality medium roast is all that I will drink straight up black. We have a coffee roaster near us and the beans are roasted no more than two weeks from when it is brewed into my cup! Good coffee is like good wine, when its good, its awesome all by itself, but when its not, it needs something to chase it down with! I also tend to have fruit or a smoothie alongside my coffee with the same taste balancing as above, sweet compliments bitter. (But I don't like donuts with my coffee, so lucky me right?!)

Had more reasonable portions at meals yesterday, and more fruits and veggies than heavy starches. I didn't weigh today, but FEEL "lighter" if that is a thing!!
Missy

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:20 am

Yes, feeling lighter is a thing. Or at least I'm convinced of it. Losing some water weight can do it. Eating less can do it. When I was younger, whenever I felt fat, it had a lot more to do with being overfull for a period of time. If I did that, even my clothes would feel tighter, though I'm convinced now that was more of a placebo effect because I would get fooled either way sometimes.

Some research shows that aversion to bitter taste is genetic. I'm sure it can be affected within parameters for different people. I have a cold brew system I used for awhile, but it didn't make much of a difference to me and was a lot more trouble.

You've found you way with it! Awesome.
:)
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:44 am

I'll eat anything with goat cheese on top. :lol:
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:36 am

Or under it.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

missywilde70

Post by missywilde70 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:43 pm

Funny!

Had a day of healthier lighter food choices, peppermint tea, lots of fresh air and walking, good nights sleep, feel like new. Jeans are looser already!

What a difference a day makes.

Moving forward I think I may scale back on the smoothies and up the fresh fruit salad, realizing whole fruit is more filling per calorie (not that I plan to count them!!) and 16 ounces of smoothie just goes down the hatch so much faster than chewing an 8-ounce bowl of cut up fruit.

Also, I seem to be taking larger or more bread servings each day than I should which I know contributes to the bloat, maybe I have it less often but not cut it out completely.

This is what I love about NO S mentality, nothing extreme, just small tweaks to your plate is very doable if needed.

Keep Calm and NO S on.

Food Notes:

For my "ender" at lunches this week instead of typical desserts/sweets:

Homemade Maple roasted macadamias, pistachios, dried papaya chunks, and good quality dark chocolate chips sprinkled in. Tastes almost as good as the chocolate cheesecake I had twice last week!
Missy

missywilde70

Post by missywilde70 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:50 pm

Yesterday GREEN day meals:

B

Peppermint Tea, small black coffee, Small bowl of pineapple chunks and grapes
Two scrambled eggs

L

Garden Salad with Chicken Breast on top, oil and lemon juice for dressing.
Baked potato with butter and salt

D
Steak with caramelized onions, Roasted Carrots
Followed by a few almonds and two squares of chocolate.
Peppermint tea

Between meals today, warm water with fresh grated ginger added.
Missy

missywilde70

Post by missywilde70 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:00 pm

Checking in after Florida vacation & LOOOOONNGGGG road trip to and from (flying was way to0 expensive so close to spring break), followed by a bad cold....don't you just love post travel illness :(

Lost the 3 pounds, holding steady at pre-PMS weight from early in the month.

Trying to focus on the habit and not be distracted even if the scale is not moving too much. It's hard being around others promoting the latest diet craze! Those people seem to be everywhere in my life lately. It is easy for me to be distracted if anyone has any suggestions on how to hold steady without being tempted to stray into crazy diet land again, especially when scale it is not showing progress for a time, please do tell.
Missy

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:08 pm

The ones who keep the weight off will be in the 3-5%. Or maybe 10% if we're being generous. I feel bad for one of my younger colleagues who took off a significant amount of weight a few years ago. This fall, I saw that he was putting it back on and possibly even more. I'm guessing he did it originally using a traditional approach, but I don't go into it with people.

Besides, when your habits are in place, no one will stop you from adjusting your plates. Mine certainly have been affected over the years by health stuff anyway, if not the "diet of the week."

I hung in there just to prove it was possible, to some degree!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

missywilde70

Post by missywilde70 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:14 am

OF COURSE, those bleak statistics, thank you! That helps, truly.
Missy

Whosonfirst

Post by Whosonfirst » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:31 am

missywilde70 wrote:Yesterday GREEN day meals:

B

Peppermint Tea, small black coffee, Small bowl of pineapple chunks and grapes
Two scrambled eggs

L

Garden Salad with Chicken Breast on top, oil and lemon juice for dressing.
Baked potato with butter and salt

D
Steak with caramelized onions, Roasted Carrots
Followed by a few almonds and two squares of chocolate.
Peppermint tea

Between meals today, warm water with fresh grated ginger added.
What does water with grated ginger taste like? Ginger ale?
https://twitter.com/SipeEngineering
Current weight(9/2020)-212 lbs.
Goal Weight- 205 lbs.
NoS Goal: >= 80% Success days