First day of no s ruined! Red marks for me :( advice pls?

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
Ruthiebaby

First day of no s ruined! Red marks for me :( advice pls?

Post by Ruthiebaby » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:39 pm

I did really well until the afternoon. I'm a stay at home mum and been hopelessly binge eating everyday for ages. I've always been a bit food obsessed but most of the Time i really don't even enjoy it.

Anyway, this was my first day and I was looking forward to it! But this afternoon I was having a real energy slump and started daydreaming about low carb and wondering if my portion was too big etc and then gave in and let myself get sloppy. I had a few almonds. A few grapes. A cheesy baked potato woth beans (I wasn't hungry and it easy a big portion at all) now I feel gutted..

Do the slumps pass? Do things get easier/ better. I guess the nbest I can do is learn from today. There was all great bit jn the book about failure.

Encouragement and advice would be sooooooo appreciated x
Enjoying food, embracing life.

vetris

Post by vetris » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:43 pm

I am definitely not an expert by any means since I started the No S bandwagon about a year ago and have been lurking ever since! I can tell you that it does get easier and to not get discouraged. Your body is habituated to having food readily available for snacking and that habit is hard to break.

What I actually did is I carry around a giant water bottle and every time I start feeling hungry when it's not one of the three major meals I take a big swig of water. I had been snacking a lot and realized that it was just habit to eat when I had it around, so I just substituted that habit with something healthier!

maxpetis

Post by maxpetis » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:06 am

I am a married guy with kids and have a big boy do my assignment for me job. I think the biggest hurdle is sacrificing my one hour of free time to go to the gym 5 times a week. However once you get into the routine it becomes part of the day, so basically my whole day is a routine oh GOD help me.