Cedar checking in again

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

cedar

Cedar checking in again

Post by cedar » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:57 am

Checking in here..always lurking and finding comfort in this forum.
Ive strayed to other plans (again!! Fasting and calorie counting, counting fist size portions and cups) and I'm actually at a weight I'm very happy with but the little bits of food here and there and no structure is annoying me so I'm here to stick to 3 meals a day vanilla no s and looking to ingrain habits and maintain my weight loss.
Today is an S day (Sunday) but I did go overboard yesterday so today was pretty close to an N day.

Breakfast (9am) carrot cake/muffin that I bought from an organic cafe so was healthier than it sounds..it wasn't the best and I pulled a lot of sultanas and dried fruit out of it as i'm not a fan of dried fruit also it wasn't amazing and I was tempted to keep eating other things to "make it better" but reminded myself the only thing that will help is time and water! I'm proud that I left it at that and didn't do further 'damage' Enjoyed a cup of good coffee with it.

Lunch 1pm- turkey cranberry light mayo lettuce roll (yum- so nice to just eat a normal roll like a normal person! and feel satisfied after it!)

Dinner- 6pm chicken and salad sandwich (it's a lazy Sunday night!)with a few spoons of plain pasta, a sm pear and 2 choc honeycomb pieces.. all fit on 1 plate. A glass of red wine by the outside fire while the kids toasted marshmallows..I had 2.. I'm not a huge fan but it felt right to eat what the boys proudly "cooked"-it was a really nice way to end the weekend.

It's funny I can feel the slight anxiousness of facing the week with no sweets..I'm certainly not used to not having sweets, and found I ate the sweets I did tonight "while I can".
I will try my best this week.
I will try to have breakfast a little later like 9ish or later as I find that works better for me. If I'm ridiculously hungry and cranky I can have piece of fruit but I will try to avoid this..it's mainly on the days I work because of the early start.
I would like to aim for 4-5 hours between meals. And I'm definitely still going to be calorie/ portion aware as I truly believe that it comes down to calories. We must accept and find a way to eat the appropriate calories for the weight we want to be without being crazy obsessed about it..hence NoS!
Here goes.

(I weigh each day.)
Weight as of Sunday 11th march 54.8kgs (up I think due to fluid from PMT and eating so much Saturday)

cedar

Post by cedar » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:54 am

Green today :D

Bfast- Muesli and bran with hot water and soy milk at 7.30am
(earlier than planned because I was hungry and I decided to do a walk this morning and have a coffee after and didn't want to be tempted at the cafe by something other than my filling muesli like yesterday morning)

10.30 coffee with dash milk at cafe

Lunch 1pm- chicken salad sandwhich and half a banana

Decaf coffee with milk and sugar

Dinner 6pm- Butter chicken pie with steamed broccoli carrots and rice. Fit on 1 plate. Very small glass of red wine.

Felt good today. 6 cups total. Makes such a difference eating a proper portion of food on a proper plate while sitting down to enjoy and feeling satisfied afterwards. And still feeling hunger in time for the next meal..actually I was hungry about 1/2 to 1 hour before each meal.

Weight 54.7kgs 12th march

https://www.the10principles.com/grazing/ This is a very interesting link I found today.

cedar

Post by cedar » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:59 am

Green today.

Bfast-
7.30am muesli fruit and soymilk
coffee dash milk

Walk and coffee dash milk 10am

Lunch- 1pm (Hungry!) Cup cauliflower soup plus tuna and salad sandwich

Instant coffee milk and sugar 5pm

Dinner- 7pm homemade lasagna with and salad plus a glass red wine.

Feeling good. I'm probably eating over calories but I'm premenstrual and feel like I just need a break from thinking about it for a few days. Weight back down though and sticking to 3 meals no sweets second or snacking beautifully.

Weight 53.8kgs

cedar

Post by cedar » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:58 am

I'm logging early today because I'm fighting not to raid the cupboard even though I ate breakfast and big lunch already.

Breakfast 7.30am -Muesli fruit and soy milk plus a coffee and dash milk

Lunch 1pm- hungry!!! A really full sandwich (turkey tomato beetroot roast pumpkin lettuce light mayo and mustard) plus a pear and banana and a few crackers with peanut butter and jam. Small glass of milk. I could have eaten a lot more!!! Plate full to capacity🙂

Dinner will be after netball 7pm- lasagna and salad again

Weight today 53.7kgs

I'm calling it Green now so it stops me from blowing it..the choc biscuits are calling to me. Thankfully the kids swimming lessons then my netball will keep me occupied until dinner..along with coffee!!

Edit# 9pm. I have to change my day to red because I came home from netball ate my plate (big plate) of lasagna and salad then I kind of picked here and there..a slice of buttered bread with soup then some orange while making school lunches. I'm sure I could convince myself that it technically would have fit on the plate but it was the way I ate standing up on the prowl! Anyway I'm proud of myself that I didn't give in to sweets like I was so tempted to do.

Mark it and move on :oops: 8)

cedar

Post by cedar » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:25 am

Coffee dash milk 5.30am

Breakfast 11am. At work. My usual muesli and today added frozen berries and yogurt added hot water and milk at work.

Lunch.3.30pm turkey cheese mayo tomato on 2x toasts. Crackers and avocado dip. A small apple. Instant coffee, milk sugar.

Dinner. 7pm. Chicken salad wrap with potato salad and kale salad.
Coffee milk decaf.

Weight 54kgs.

:D

cedar

Post by cedar » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:48 am

Green todayðŸ‘.

Coffee dash milk 5.30am

Bfast (at work) 10.30am My usual muesli/bran/blueberries with hot water and milk with a sm apple and sm banana. Black tea.

2.30pm Lunch. Slice bread with boiled egg lettuce and mayo. Slice of bread with peanut butter and jam. Couple of spoons of potato salad and kale salad on the side.

Coffee with milk sugar.

6pm Dinner. Large large salad with my favourite honey mustard dressing. Chicken and leek pie.

I'm really fighting the urge to have a sweet tonight..so close to an S day yet so far!!! I'm determined to get through this week without though..I can enjoy tomorrow. I will consider going back to my mod (inspired by blessing) of any food but 3 meals a day x 7 days a week but I'm feeling good without the sweets to be honest..really enjoying my meals. I'm pre menstrual my period is late so the cravings seem to be dragging..come on already!!

Weight 54.5kgs. I forgot to weigh before drinking my large glass of warm water and coffee this morning. :D

cedar

Post by cedar » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:35 am

S day!

Breakfast (woke up super hungry today so I ate before work for a change) 5.30am- muesli hot water blueberries hot water and milk. An orange and a piece of jam toast with black coffee.

Work break. 11am half an egg sandwich and a few spoons of potato salad. Cup of black tea a banana and couple bites of low carb choc bar.

3pm (arrived home) .Sliced Turkey on buttered white bread. Coffee with dash milk. A small apple. A small bowl of icecream and milo on top. Yum. I'm so hungry today but I'm hungry for decent normal basic food. Even though I can eat sweets I'm not really wanting them..the icecream was delicious though.

I haven't drunk enough water today so I'll make it a point to change that now.

cedar

Post by cedar » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:43 am

S day today.

Bfast 5.30am- muesli combo plus coffee

"Lunch" break at work 11am egg and mayo sandwich the rest of the potato salad/ few spoons. A black tea and a biscuit, few bites of an apple.

Had friends over in the afternoon so had 2 glasses of wine with some cheese and crackers and dip then dinner was pulled pork with coleslaw on breadroll. Then brownie and raspberries and icecream for dessert with coffee.

For some reason after they left I had some more icecream.

Didn't weigh myself this morning I just forgot before work..I would be very sure that my weight would be up after last night- I ended up eating more and really going overboard..I'm not sure weather to change back to the mod of eat anything 3 meals x7 days..just because I feel I'm eating extra on S days "while I can". I like not having sweets during the week because I naturally put my energy and focus on building decent nourishing meals that will sustain me.and I just feel better without too many sweets. But I do not enjoy feeling as though I'm bingeing on the weekends.. perhaps having 3meals a day x7 days but only dessert/ sweet for one of those meals per day (if I even want it!). I will see how that goes this week.
I'm doing night shift the tomorrow and Tuesday night. My plan is not to eat during the night..just milky tea or coffee and lots of water. Then when I get home eat a big breakfast and then head to bed..whenever I wake up have "lunch" then dinner before I head to work at 10pm..?

It's all an experiment and working out what works best for me.

I'm really just wanting sanity with food and maintain my current weight.

:D

cedar

Post by cedar » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:51 pm

Ok I've been pondering overnight (had a shocking broken sleep) about how to modify No S to still be loyal to Vanilla No s but also avoid the idiot s days!! I like the mod I read in the mods of NO SNACKING EVER!! even on S days. I want to be really strict on putting my food on a plate and that's my meal..no grabbing a little something after the plate and justifying that it technically would have fit on. 1 plate 3 meals 7 days per week. Sweets on S days only or if it's socially appropriate during the week days..for example if we are with friends or family and dessert is part of the meal experience then this is a treat and to be enjoyed guilt free. Just putting sweets on the plate because I can during N days alone or just with my family this is a red. I want to get back to the old fashioned belief that sweets are a sometimes food, a rare treat to be thoroughly enjoyed and relished without any guilt. My main focus is on sitting down to a plate of food I enjoy.
Yes I may be hungry..in fact it's very likely..but I will survive and adjust..I'm just so sick of food being unconscious and I do not want to experience the wild s days..it's the main thing that trips me up about no s but I do love how I feel with no sweets during the week.

Ok here goes. :D

MaggieMae

Post by MaggieMae » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:35 am

Glad you're back, cedar! I too had wandered off again. Lol.Started back last week myself. Your meals sound so small and healthy. I still have some pretty calorie dense plates. I didn't snack yesterday and it was the best S day I've ever had. I had a dessert with lunch at my mom's house but other than that it was just like an N day. I think no snacks on s days migjt be the key for me. I'm nkt going to say I'll never do it but I felt so much better yesterday.

cedar

Post by cedar » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:13 am

Hi Maggie! thanks for stopping by :D .

Well I'm not sure what happened today but I was fixing the boys a smoothie after school and I just poured myself a half glass and drank it..then cut up a pear and had some cashews with it? Oh well..fail but I am thinking that the extra food might help tonight with spending 9hours on my feet for night shift.

Breakfast..usual muesli combo plus a half piece of peanut butter toast and banana. Coffee of course.

Lunch- 2 eggs cooked with some leftover sausages on a big bread roll with a little Swiss cheese and BBQ sauce. The rest of the plate was filled with salad leaves and yummy dressing. Thouroughly enjoyed this meal..I'm thinking I'll do the same for dinner!!

Afternoon snack (after saying I'll never snack again🤣🤣)
Banana and strawberry smoothie (1/2 glass) plus a sm pear and some cashews.

Weight this morning 55kgs. I'm up.