And we start again...oy vey

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Lady Brachiosaur

And we start again...oy vey

Post by Lady Brachiosaur » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:31 pm

With a holiday in 5 weeks I convinced myself I needed to calorie count and get on top of my binge eating tendencies in order to shift some excess weight (I'm currently 72kg at 5'4" making my BMI about 27 or 28 ish by last check).

Can you guess what I've managed to get through calorie wise since I started this? I was aiming for 1200 a day. I've been routinely gorging through close to 4000! :shock: Although I'm not gaining which is always a good thing

So starting now, I'm pledging to give No S a proper attempt. I will have four green days this week! I've never previously stuck at it but I think if I just nix the excess calories I'll lose the excess flabby bits. I won't be skinny for the holiday but I'll have freedom from thinking about food that I can put into moving a little more.

38th time's a charm!

Larkspur

Post by Larkspur » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:39 pm

Never give up, never surrender :)

Best wishes! All we really have to worry about is the present moment...

Lady Brachiosaur

Post by Lady Brachiosaur » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:04 am

Larkspur wrote:Never give up, never surrender :)
Sounds like a battle cry! I quite like it! And thank you for encouragement

Soprano

Re: And we start again...oy vey

Post by Soprano » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:29 am

Lady Brachiosaur wrote:
So starting now, I'm pledging to give No S a proper attempt. I will have four green days this week! I've never previously stuck at it but I think if I just nix the excess calories I'll lose the excess flabby bits. I won't be skinny for the holiday but I'll have freedom from thinking about food that I can put into moving a little more.

38th time's a charm!
Sounds like a plan to me. Go for it and don't see the holiday as an end point. You need to follow the plan then too!! With possibly a couple of extra s days thrown in..

Normally on holiday I expect to gain weight but more recently I have maintained :D

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Lady Brachiosaur

Post by Lady Brachiosaur » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:06 pm

Fingers crossed my habit building will see me through the holiday and beyond

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:31 pm

Welcome back!

Begin cultivating the idea that holidays are not about going overboard on food or drink. Why would they need to be if you are eating delicious food in reasonable amounts regularly anyway? Holidays are about not having to be at work, and being able to enjoy the sights and sounds of a different environment, or "play" with friends/family, etc. Won't it be lovely to "fill up" on other experiences?

I myself have never found that I don't still desire food just because it's not
forbidden." But desire is not the driving reason to eat anymore.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Lady Brachiosaur

Post by Lady Brachiosaur » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:54 pm

oolala53 wrote:Welcome back!

Begin cultivating the idea that holidays are not about going overboard on food or drink. Why would they need to be if you are eating delicious food in reasonable amounts regularly anyway? Holidays are about not having to be at work, and being able to enjoy the sights and sounds of a different environment, or "play" with friends/family, etc. Won't it be lovely to "fill up" on other experiences?

I myself have never found that I don't still desire food just because it's not
forbidden." But desire is not the driving reason to eat anymore.
I'm luckily in that the group I'm going with have planned so much for us to do and see that I'll be very happy experiencing my holiday rather than eating it. Plus I feel like we'll quite easily enjoy three meals a day as part of the experience. It can be a holiday from snacking too!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:01 pm

a break FROM excess? Sounds perfect!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)