Newby Amanda - Daily Check in :-)

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Syfy74

Newby Amanda - Daily Check in :-)

Post by Syfy74 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:49 am

Hi Everyone, today is my 4th day on No-S and I'm feeling pretty good. Although starting before a weekend was probably a boost lol.
Friday I had Cereal, Chippy kids meal for lunch and a curry ready meal for my dinner.
Sat I had fish finger sandwiches for brunch, a few chocolates and wine and another curry for dinner.
Sun I had egg and beans on toast with tomatos and mushrooms, couple chocs (left over from easter, I don't buy them usually) then a beef roast dinner and wine.

Today I propose to have cereal with raisins, chicken chow mein ready meal for lunch and dinner to be determined. So I have successfully completed 1 No-S and two S days so far :-) xx

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:09 pm

Well done and welcome :)

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Larkspur

Post by Larkspur » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:52 pm

You're doing great!

Syfy74

Post by Syfy74 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:09 am

Hi Larkspur & Soprano!
Thanks....:-)
My day yesterday was another green No S so
Fri 6th Green
Sat 7th Yellow S day
Sun 8th Yellow S day
Mon 9th Green No S day

I'm happy with the No S's so far, I did have a bit more to eat than I needed at lunch yesterday thinking it would be a long while until dinner (which it wasn't!) but I still stuck to three plates.
I think the hardest thing for me will be trying not to worry about losing weight. I've been overweight for the last 13 years, prior to that I ate low cal, trained and stayed a size 8-10. Now i'm 3 stone heavier and a size 14, not massive but way too much for my 5ft4 small frame.
I've done every single diet out there multiple times and lose half a stone then put it back. The only time I lost more was on Atkins for my wedding where I lost 1 and a half stone but needless to say it went back on.
I am fed up of being on the diet wagon so here I am trying to focus on eating "normally" and increasing my activity.

A x
SW 11-7.8 6th Apr 18

Syfy74

Post by Syfy74 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:55 am

Another Green day yesterday, I did pop one raspberry in my mouth and when I realised I considered spitting it out and then laughed at how daft that was over 1 raspberry :lol:

Fri 6th Green
Sat 7th Yellow S day
Sun 8th Yellow S day
Mon 9th Green No S day
Tues 10th green No S day

Today i'm planning on Crumpets with Philadelphia for BK, chicken ready meal with extra veg and mandarins for LH and not sure for DN tonight yet.

A x
SW 11-7.8 6th Apr 18

Dalia negra

Post by Dalia negra » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:52 am

Syfy74 wrote:Another Green day yesterday, I did pop one raspberry in my mouth and when I realised I considered spitting it out and then laughed at how daft that was over 1 raspberry :lol:
Until recently, I considered putting something in my mouth to prove it as a failure, and that for someone with such a marked diet mentality was a catastrophe and ruined my day. Marking in red only because of this increased my sense of failure. Now I try it and I do not consider it a failure.
Yesterday my daughter wanted us to buy chocolate mousse and then she wanted me to try it (she is a girl that she loves to share) I had a spoonful, I tasted it and I marked it in green. In the life of a normal person, these are things that happen daily and are not considered a disaster. It's just trying something to see if it tastes good, and in terms of calories it's insignificant :wink:

Syfy74

Post by Syfy74 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:27 am

So I'm a little disappointed that yesterday ended up a red day. I completely know why as when I looked at my lunch I thought that's not going to keep me full. It was a low calorie ready meal and some mandarin pieces. I ended up getting home from work already starving for dinner which led me to make a choice of oven chips and spicy chicken which although was tasty didn't leave me feeling full. So I then had half a cob, two glasses of wine and a packet of crisps hence the RED day.

Today I have a more filling lunch so hopefully back to GREEN!
SW 11-7.8 6th Apr 18