Everyday Systems
Home * Discussion Home
No S Diet * Shovelglove * Urban Ranger
HabitCal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterJoin! It's free and easy. 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New urban ranger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Urban Ranger General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beginagain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: New urban ranger Reply with quote

Just got back from a walk and added urban ranger to my habitcal. A doctor told me once, "birds fly, fish swim, people walk." The significance of that simple comment never left me. Now I need to act on it, I am way to sedentary.
1 Corinthians 10:31

Soli Deo Gloria
kaalii

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great!
and i love the quote from your doctor! Smile
in it for maintenance and, more importantly, sanity!!
beginagain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urban rangered on some trails today. Very Happy

Soli Deo Gloria
beginagain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Around the block from where I live there is a school. It is surrounded on one side by a huge grass lawn the length of 4 blocks. You feel like you're at a park walking with grass, trees, sky. But it's safely next to the neighborhood and road so it is safely in the open. Don't know why it took me so long to "discover" this walkers paradise!
Ranger-on!
Soprano

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: New urban ranger Reply with quote

beginagain wrote:
Just got back from a walk and added urban ranger to my habitcal. A doctor told me once, "birds fly, fish swim, people walk." The significance of that simple comment never left me. Now I need to act on it, I am way to sedentary.

Love your Drs quote, I love to walk and am increasing my exercise this way. I rescued a dog a few years ago to keep me company but when my husband retired he started taking over some of the walks which contributed to my weight gain so I have now told him I want to walk more Smile

Jx

23/03/2018 11st 3.2lb
14/04/2018 10st 13.8lb (BF 37.5%)
beginagain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great idea, Soprano. I've always loved to take walks too, but also got derailed from doing it and that wasn't good weight wise not to mention walking is good for the mind and emotions. So I am starting to walk regularly again. 😀
beginagain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to the great place to walk at the school, I am encouraged to stop and walk the 4 block length and back, even when I am on my way to somewhere else. And to do it again on my way home. If there is more time I walk it twice. This has got to help body and mind. My doctor told me exercise greatly helps anxiety disorder. And I think healthy eating patterns (The No S Diet) will too.

Soli Deo Gloria
beginagain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is amazing how much better I am feeling since getting serious about walking daily.

Soli Deo Gloria
Whosonfirst

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beginagain wrote:
It is amazing how much better I am feeling since getting serious about walking daily.

Great re-start to NoS and walking.
beginagain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Who❗
I'm still at it. Walking is a great time to think, or to clear the mind and see the surroundings, feel the air and sun, to just be in your body.

Soli Deo Gloria

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Everyday Systems Forum Index -> Urban Ranger General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: