Whats an S (Lighthearted Humor)

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

NoelFigart

Whats an S (Lighthearted Humor)

Post by NoelFigart » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:02 pm

My husband and I have done No-S for years but sometimes we get asked to explain our habits. He was out at a party with some friends at a noisy place. He decided long ago that alcohol was an S because of his taste in drinks. He loves the sweet girly drinks. Give him a Cosmo and he's a happy man.

Anyway, he explained he wasn't having a drink because it was not an S-day and then wound up explaining the whole No-S diet.

The thing is they were in a noisy place, and the person he was talking to thought that SEX was one of the S things, as if the No-S diet was one of the abstinence, straight-edge things.

He let them believe it for a bit. I think he should have drawn it out further.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

Merrygoround

Post by Merrygoround » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:02 pm

My husband has already noticed sex begins with an S! In fact it was the very first thing he said when I explained what I was doing for the current ‘diet’.
:oops: :lol:

I would say sick days begin with an S.

I have also been talking about day long tramps, and I think they are s days too, as long as one carries ones own supplies!

As for the other way round, .....what should be an s, .....for me I think granola is an s. I find it very hard to stick to one reasonable sized bowl. Also nuts. So moreish! Maybe they should be an s but as they are normally snacks I think they are covered anyway.
Merry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:54 pm

For sex, you might have to reverse the ratio of N to S days... Hmm, what would be the catchy name analogous to two-class ceiling, etc.?

P.S., nice to see you, NF!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)