New And Desperate To End Binging

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Tombo

New And Desperate To End Binging

Post by Tombo » Tue May 01, 2018 2:21 pm

Heya, I just signed up to the forum.

I first heard of the No S Diet a couple of years ago but never went through with it as some one on another forum criticised it for being "diety"

I am desperate to end my binge eating so I have signed up and I like the commonsense attitude of the approach and it makes sense.

I really want to end my binging, I am the fattest I have ever been and now weigh 110KG.

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Tue May 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Welcome, it's a great way to end binge eating and develop a healthy to meals

Good luck :)

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed May 02, 2018 5:48 am

Welcome! If No S is too "diety," we're pretty much doomed!

No S really helped me, but it didn't happen automatically. I still binged, or pretty close to it, on weekends for a long time, but I looked for improvement, rather than abstinence. My N days were such an improvement enough of the time that eventually, the tide turned.

Stopping bingeing and losing weight can often be two different endeavors. It can really complicate things to expect weight loss right away or steadily. It's usually better to stabilize eating and then work on reducing food later, and I don't mean after two or three weeks. It helps to have a stable pattern you know you can return to if things get too difficult when you cut back. Otherwise the binge-and-restrict cycle can easily get recreated.

Feel free to visit me on my thread and ask for more particulars. (I've been here for over 8 years, so you probably don't want to go and read the whole saga.)
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)