Favorite quotes to renew your mind

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Soliadegloria

Favorite quotes to renew your mind

Post by Soliadegloria » Wed May 16, 2018 8:22 am

Hi Everyone, I posted this on the Facebook page and thought I would post here as well. I am really enjoying the freedom of No S and am loosing weight 😊 the biggest hurdle is my mind and the subtle thoughts that appear like "I could loose more if I made my plates look like this or that plan " which is actually a slippery slope that Leads me to red days…Are there thoughts you tell yourself or quotes you have come across that have been helpful in renewing your minds?

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:38 am

We actually have a thread for that, though it's kinda hidden in a thread called The Sticky of Stickies. Can we please add suggestions to that one? So things are more consolidated. In fact, I think I do have a new one I will add there.

https://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3883

In fact, I am going to crosspost this comment's URL on that thread.

But I will say that I used multiple bolstering thoughts from Judith Beck's second book. She has tons (Ha!) of thoughts to counter our tendency to make excuses to eat. (However, her emphasis on tracking food, using the scale to measure success, and having everything revolve around losing weight, losing weight, losing weight felt like a prison to me.)
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)