4 days: travel, a wedding, my birthday, a holiday. Eek.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

sharon227

4 days: travel, a wedding, my birthday, a holiday. Eek.

Post by sharon227 » Tue May 29, 2018 6:26 pm

It was a tough few days, healthy eating wise. We went away to travel to a family wedding. Did some sightseeing. Ate out every meal. Then a rehearsal dinner. Then a wedding with an amazing amount of food. Then Memorial Day and my birthday (a big one, year ending in zero.) Eek.

I tried not to “be an idiot†on my S days. But it was hard, between all the wedding food plus a birthday cake. And I have leftover cake.

I thought I kind of deserved to get an extra birthday S day since Memorial Day was already an S day because of holiday. However, given all that went on, I need to get back on track. I might allow myself to have a piece of leftover cake tonight after dinner before I freeze the rest, but otherwise am trying to eat single plate meals and no snacks.

Advice and encouragement most welcome!

Whosonfirst

Post by Whosonfirst » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:07 pm

I wouldn't worry about extra eating at a family wedding/holiday/Memorial day celebration. Don't use that exS eating as an excuse to another diet failure. Just move on to normal N days. Don't beat yourself up over these types of special weekends. People sometimes use temporary failure as a reason to give up on a good plan. Hope my incoherence makes some sense.
https://twitter.com/SipeEngineering
Current weight(9/2020)-212 lbs.
Goal Weight- 205 lbs.
NoS Goal: >= 80% Success days

Lady Brachiosaur

Re: 4 days: travel, a wedding, my birthday, a holiday. Eek.

Post by Lady Brachiosaur » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:08 pm

sharon227 wrote:It was a tough few days, healthy eating wise. We went away to travel to a family wedding. Did some sightseeing. Ate out every meal. Then a rehearsal dinner. Then a wedding with an amazing amount of food. Then Memorial Day and my birthday (a big one, year ending in zero.) Eek.

I tried not to “be an idiot†on my S days. But it was hard, between all the wedding food plus a birthday cake. And I have leftover cake.

I thought I kind of deserved to get an extra birthday S day since Memorial Day was already an S day because of holiday. However, given all that went on, I need to get back on track. I might allow myself to have a piece of leftover cake tonight after dinner before I freeze the rest, but otherwise am trying to eat single plate meals and no snacks.

Advice and encouragement most welcome!

Consider it a one off. You won't have a birthday on memorial day every year since your birthday is dictated by date and memorial day is the last monday of May (if google serves me right), so most years you'll take two separate S days anyway. Equally there won't be a wedding over that weekend every year