If you are having serious problems with disordered eating

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ladybird30

If you are having serious problems with disordered eating

Post by ladybird30 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:43 am

If you are having serious problems with bingeing and out of control eating is causing you major distress, professional help may be the way to go.

Failing that, simmstone wrote on another thread:

"So first see if you can get the point where you do No S and are simply able to MAINTAIN your weight."

This could possibly be a place to start for people who are having serious troubles with their eating. I wasn't trying to maintain my weight over the last year, but weight loss was definitely secondary to establishing firm No S habits.

A professional in the field of eating disorders suggests that recovery takes time, consistent healthy habits are helpful and focus on maintaining the current weight. Dieting is the number one cause of eating disorders. (from https://theconversation.com/eating-diso ... cial-96078)
Three meals a day - not too little not too much, but just right

Dalia negra

Post by Dalia negra » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:56 am

Thank you very much for this article. It helps me a lot in this bad moment that I'm going through.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:03 pm

Not sure what you mean by serious, but my compulsive eating led to a 40-lb. weight gain over time.

I still binged on S days for a long time, but my weight still dropped over time as well. I would have been willing to stick with No S without that, though. I even still failed on N days, sometimes with WTH, but I wasn't convinced anything else was going to help. I'll never know if I was wrong, but I wasn't willing to keep searching.

Sometimes, really accepting that something is your best bet can strengthen your efforts to make it work.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)