Hello, my name is Goldilocks

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Goldilocks

Hello, my name is Goldilocks

Post by Goldilocks » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:55 pm

Hello, my name is Goldilocks. Well......of course my real name is not Goldilocks but this is the screen name I am choosing because I am hopeful that using NO S will be MY "Goldilocks" for losing weight, without losing my sanity:

"The Goldilocks principle states that something must fall within certain margins, as opposed to reaching extremes."

I could give you my back story but it sounds like so many of most of yours (been a LONG, LONG time lurker here!!). All the usual suspects, been on and off of failed diet attempts for years with little or no long term results, occasionally have felt certifiable over not being able to stick to the ridiculous fad diet restrictive rules...I can see heads nodding.

So here I am hoping NO S is the final solution, the happy place between crazy restrictions and eat-whatever-whenever-and-enjoy-your-fat-pants-land.

I have found great interest in posts from some of you who have had long term success making NO S "your own" by using mods that worked well for YOUR own personal preferences. I think this time after being slave to too many rules and then going off the deep end, I am aiming to use No S as a path to my own Goldilocks zone.

Thanks for listening!
Goldilocks

"The Goldilocks principle states that something must fall within certain margins, as opposed to reaching extremes."

Bean&Sprout

Post by Bean&Sprout » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:29 pm

Welcome, Goldilocks!

Dalia negra

Post by Dalia negra » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:37 am

Welcome and good luck with No S!

oolala53

Re: Hello, my name is Goldilocks

Post by oolala53 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:44 pm

[quote="So here I am hoping NO S is the final solution, the happy place between crazy restrictions and eat-whatever-whenever-and-enjoy-your-fat-pants-land. [/quote]

It can surely be this, especially if you can let the weight loss part at least for now.

I also related to "certifiable," for me recently trying a few days a week of low carb (not for weight loss but for purported effects on hunger/satiety). I'm almost ready to give up the experiment and just deal with the problem another way or live with the "pain"!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Goldilocks

Post by Goldilocks » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:45 pm

oolala, ah the low carb train. So nice to not be hungry but so awful to take all the other foods off the table...been there done that.
Goldilocks

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:21 pm

Though I haven't technically been hungry on this, I do not feel SATISFIED on the days I do it, and keep picking. The foods you can pick at are pretty heavy! It was not a good feeling. I'm going to keep my intention to do it Monday and Tuesday this week; it was supposed to be the first three days of each week, but a friend has to change and is coming Wednesday. That was my deadline to see if I wanted to continue. With warm weather coming up, I can't see myself continuing. I'm going to want fruit and salad with starchy veggies and some grains, sugar burn be damned! I MAY give it another chance in winter. I will to my regular seasonal protocol after my friend leaves.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)