junkkma's failures

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

junkkma

junkkma's failures

Post by junkkma » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:40 pm

New here. Read and listened on the excellent stuff a lot this site is full of and decided to start with NoS diet and 14 minutes of anything.

I heard in the bring of this year wise words: 'if you want to see your future, examine your routines.'

And this definitely makes sense to me, it's routines that matter - not single sprints or easily abandoned projects.

But - it was just really hard to change my habits. Now, from this material in this site I've understood that part much better.

I'll review my failures in this thread...

junkkma

Post by junkkma » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:43 pm

Failure on NoS diet on yesterday;
- ate one plate to much on lunch (soup)
- ate sweet bulla in café
- snacked chips be evening while watching football

Failure on 14 minutes on yesterday;
Was not creative enough to do 14 minutes of anything when I was travelling

beginagain

Post by beginagain » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:51 am

Hi Junkkma, welcome to No S!
You zeroed in on the main point when you said, "It's routines that matter- not single sprints or easily abandoned projects". It's so true, yet easily forgotten, because it isn't
exciting and it takes time to yield fruit. But, I believe there is joy to be found in the ordinary. And comfort in the routines, and freedom, that only the ordinary routine habits of moderation (No S Diet) and 14 minutes of anything, can truly bring. Thanks also for the quote, "If you want to see your future, examine your routines". This is all very helpful to me in strengthening this mindset.
Anglican

funnyjokes

ludo king

Post by funnyjokes » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:51 am

Oh! This article has suggested to me many new ideas. I will embark on doing it. Hope you can continue to contribute your talents in this area. Thank you.
ludo king