I Am Back

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

nancys

I Am Back

Post by nancys » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:24 pm

I have tried every diet there is since my mid-20s. I can lose weight, but I never can keep it off.

My daughter and I were having lunch last week. She has had a difficult year going through a divorce. I am so proud of how hard she has worked at finding herself again, and moving on with life as a content, confident young woman.

Like me, she has been struggling with eating. During our conversation, she wanted to go on a low carb diet and asked me to join her. I responded quickly that that was unsustainable for the long run, that the way to truly lose weight and keep it off is moderation, eating better and moving more.

After I dropped her off at work, I realized the advice I had just given her was the No S Diet. So here I am back and committing to following this for the next six months - but hopefully for the rest of my life.

liveitup

Post by liveitup » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:38 pm

Same! I'm back after a hiatus, and also challenging myself to a recommitment. I was trying a program that's similar to No-S (Naturally Slim), because my SO really wanted to, and we wanted to try it together. Needless to say, I find No-S a lot more appealing.

Anyway, the thing is is that changing habits can also feel unsustainable, but it's not, and you *can* do it, and we just need to really power through it, replacing those bad eating habits with different ones. I logged into this forum because I just went looking for a snack, then reminded myself that I just ate, and this can't be real hunger, and I ran outta that kitchen like there was no tomorrow!

I'm glad I logged on, and part of my coping strategy is to read some of the posts on this forum. Today it worked. :)

Welcome back!

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:23 am

liveitup wrote: I just went looking for a snack, then reminded myself that I just ate, and this can't be real hunger, and I ran outta that kitchen like there was no tomorrow!
:lol: Good one!!
Three meals a day - not too little not too much, but just right

Anna from KC

Post by Anna from KC » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:01 am

So glad you are back!
Nothing is more important for the
public weal than to form and train
up youth in wisdom and virtue.
Ben Franklin