flyingpig checkin

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:04 pm

Monday 9th July: green

Breakfast: Weetabix with blueberries and strawberries, a banana
Lunch: sandwich, cherry tomatoes
Dinner: sea bass, tabouleh, tomato salad, grapes, carrots, red pepper

Must. Not. Eat. More.

The grapes, carrots and pepper were actually from lunch, but I had to throw lunch down me as quick as possible because of work. Work is really stressing me out already and it's only Monday. I think everyone (kids and teachers) needs it to be the holidays already. We're too British, we can't deal with heatwaves, even though we're lucky enough to have air con in our classroom. Plus I have a horrible insect bite on my leg that is making me very grumpy. Urgh the temptation to eat is strong. Must resist! Time for distraction by maths test marking...
Last edited by flyingpig on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:10 pm

Tuesday 10th July: green

Breakfast: peanut butter and banana on toast
Lunch: cheese sandwich, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, grapes
Dinner: sea bass, tabouleh, tomato salad

Boy did I have a lot of tabouleh for dinner. It didn't quite seem enough for two meals so I just piled the whole lot on. Oh well, it was mostly parsley anyway!

Tomorrow is going to be a non-weekend S day. I have a very busy evening so I'd like to be able to snack when needed so I can enjoy both kayaking and watching football.

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:50 pm

Wednesday: s day for dinner at my brother's/football

Thursday: red - felt a bit shaky in the morning, so ate chocolate. It was downhill from there.

Friday: just red - was green until the evening when I went for a work meal out that I didn't realise was going to be a buffet. I almost managed to just take one big plateful, but then I kept nibbling. And ate cake.

Saturday and Sunday: so s

Monday: green, so far
Breakfast: Weetabix, strawberries, blueberries
Lunch: cheese salad sandwich, cherry tomatoes, little oranges
Dinner: sausages, baked beans, toast

Forgot about a shared lunch at work and brought my usual packed lunch instead of something to share. Probably for the best considering my behaviour around buffets!

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:44 pm

Tuesday: green

Breakfast: weetabix with blueberries and strawberries, a banana
Lunch: cheese salad sandwich, cherry tomatoes and two little oranges
Dinner: sandwiches, crisps, smoothie, carrot sticks, grapes

Had to get a supermarket meal deal for dinner as couldn't see myself making good choices if I waited until after our end of year play performance. Will try to remember to bring a packed dinner tomorrow!

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:58 pm

Wednesday: green

Lunch: cheese salad sandwich, cherry tomatoes and melon
Dinner: pasta, sausage, sweetcorn, peas, carrots, little oranges

eschano

Post by eschano » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:14 pm

Sounds delicious!
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:49 pm

It was not bad, but I'm in survival mode at the mo- get food down me as quickly and easily as possible because work is just too stressful at the moment. Never be a teacher, everyone. And if you are, never agree to swap classrooms!

Only half a day left before the summer holidays!

Thursday: green

Lunch: cheese sandwich, carrot, cherry tomatoes, melon and grapes
Dinner: sausage, eggs, tomato in pitta bread and a little orange

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:10 pm

Friday: red

Why did I even try keeping the last day of the academic year green?

Saturday and Sunday: definitely S

Monday: green

Breakfast: Weetabix with strawberries and blueberries, a banana
Lunch: cheese salad sandwich, red pepper, cucumber, grapes
Dinner: mackerel, rice, green pepper, carrots, mango

I went into work so not really a first holiday day. Made staying green easy at least...

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:34 pm

Tuesday: green

Breakfast: fried egg on toast, banana, blueberries
Lunch: cheese and cucumber sandwich, red pepper, carrot, grapes
Dinner: sausages, cous cous, sweetcorn and peas, mango

My dinner could be summed up as "blleeergh too hot to cook". I started well, put sausages in the oven, then couldn't be bothered to actually cook anything else. So poured some water over some cous cous and microwaved some frozen veg. Sadly will need to add mango to the (increasingly long) list of fruit that makes my mouth tingle.

I slept terribly last night (thanks to the heat too- this heatwave is loooong), so I'm tired, which means hungry. But I distracted myself by going into work again and getting my classroom tidy, now I just have to manage to not eat anything else before bed time. Which will be ages away because it's too hot to get to sleep before about 11pm and it's only 5:30...

eschano

Post by eschano » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:20 pm

It still sounds like a lovely dinner! Yes it is way too hot here too.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:55 pm

Wednesday: green

Breakfast: peanut butter and banana on toast, strawberry milk (literally strawberries blended into milk)
Lunch: sausage sandwich, grapes
Dinner: chicken, couscous, salad leaves, cherry tomatoes, two little oranges

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:32 pm

Thursday: green

Breakfast: peanut butter and banana on toast, strawberries
Lunch: quiche, a couple of mini sausage rolls, a few different kinds of salad, a nectarine, a little orange and a couple of grapes
Dinner: chilli con carnae and rice

Boy it is too hot to eat that hot dinner. I don't know how people in hot countries eat hot food. My lunch was thanks to a gift card for a department store that does great food (Marks and Spencers, to all you Brits). I bought enough picnic-y food to last at least three meals, so have a friend coming over for lunch tomorrow to help me out before I get too sick of quiche.

I realised today that after losing 10kg from January to May, I have not lost anything since then. I have had more red days, so I guess I'll have to stick to very green for a while to see if the weight loss continues.

I should do exercise too, but it's just too hot! I might go for a walk once it's starting to get dark this evening and then maybe get up early the next few days to go walking or running before it gets too hot. Or go swimming, but the outdoor pools are expensive and probably full of children, and the indoor pools I imagine will be horribly hot in the changing rooms... Excuses excuses! The heat is not really forecast to change for the foreseeable future so I better get used to it!

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:55 pm

Hi Flyingpig - whenever I lose a little weight, and I find myself wanting to eat more, I do so, as long as it is within No S. I believe that my brain needs some time to adjust to the new weight and to be convinced that I am not now too light. Once my appetite settles down or I feel mentally ready to go a little bit hungrier, then I might do so. Eventually weight loss starts again.

I think of this as practising maintenance, as well as preventing the dreaded post weight loss rebound eating. So far so good for the last year or so.

By the way, I find myself doing this after every lb or so, perhaps because I am already in the 'healthy' weight range and am trying to get the last 15 lbs or so off.
Three meals a day - not too little not too much, but just right

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:02 pm

Hmm, that's an interesting theory. I think for me it was more that the weight loss slowed down so I got a bit demotivated. But I'm pretty motivated by the fact that I haven't put on any weight! And I don't really know what came first, the weight loss slowing down or my increasing number of fail days...

I'm definitely not "too light", still well and truly in the overweight category. My BMI has gone from 29.7 to 26.4.. so still a good few kilos to go to get into "ideal".

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:24 pm

Friday: green

Breakfast: peanut butter and banana on toast, strawberries and blueberries
Lunch: quiche, a couple of mini sausage rolls, a few different kinds of salad, a nectarine
Dinner: fish and chips

A Friday treat that still counts as within no-S. As my friend said as we carried our fish and chips home, "fish and chips alone make me proud to be British." :P Probably not good to discover that my local chippy does really good chips (I can't believe I've lived here nearly a year and only just tried them), but at least they also only take cash so can't pop in on my way home too easily!

(Also I'm a teacher. It's the summer holidays. I probably don't need a Friday treat... it was my friend''s idea!)

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:58 pm

Saturday and Sunday were very S...

Monday

Breakfast: one Weetabix (I normally have two), blueberries
Lunch: pasta with tomato & red lentil sauce, courgettes
Dinner: paella and salad, little orange

I was at my sister's house for dinner and the paella her husband made was so good, it was hard to say no to seconds. But having succeeded in saying no thank you once, it was quite easy to refuse the cheesecake I was offered for pudding. I'm really full this evening- think two hot meals in a day is maybe a bit much...

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:54 pm

Tuesday

Breakfast: peanut butter on one slice of toast (normally have two), a nectarine
Lunch: meatball sub, crisps, little orange
Dinner: chicken casserole, bread, strawberries and cream

I've been trying having smaller breakfasts this week as I've been getting up later than usual and having big meals.

Fine yesterday, today I was ravenous after about an hour... I'll persevere for the rest of the week, see how I get on.

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:06 pm

Wednesday

Breakfast: peanut butter on toast, little orange
Lunch: chicken soup, one and a half petit pain, ham, a banana
Dinner: Chilli con carne and rice

Chilli con carne always makes me really hot... I'm sweating! It's not even anything like as warm as it was (we had a very rainy weekend that finally brought temperatures down, though they are rising now).

My mum gave me the leftover soup so I have food for tomorrow too - holding off going shopping as I'm away at the weekend so my meals are getting increasingly scraped together or I'm just eating at other people's houses! :P

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:03 pm

Thursday

Breakfast: peanut butter on toast
Lunch: pulled pork and stuffing sub with chips and applesauce
Dinner: chicken soup and a chicken sandwich, cherry tomatoes

Oops, accidental chicken overload for dinner. Forgot I'd taken a chicken breast out the freezer when my mum offered me the leftover chicken soup. And that I was going out for lunch...
Literally all I have in the fridge now is 4 cherry tomatoes and a courgette... was trying to empty it before going away but did a bit too well, not sure what I'll have for breakfast tomorrow.. considering having tomorrow as an S day as it's the start of a four day little holiday with some friends, but I think I should be able to keep it green. If I get breakfast on the journey from somewhere without too many tempting sweet pastries....

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:58 pm

Friday

Breakfast: bacon sandwich, banana, green smoothie
Lunch: sausage roll, salad, cheese and onion crisps
Dinner: spinach and ricotta tortellini in tomato sauce

Managed to travel, stop at a cafe for breakfast and a tearoom for lunch and watch my friends eat flapjacks and maltesers without giving in. Whoop.
To be honest, not all my meals were on my plate at once, but breakfast I knew I wanted some fruit too, but had to go to the supermarket to get it after my bacon sandwich at the café. And lunch I ordered all at once but the sausage roll took a while to come and I'd eaten all my crisps. I guess that counts as virtual plating?

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:03 pm

Saturday and Sunday: All the S-es

I feel like my weekends are getting more and more S-y. To be fair, this was not the best one to compare it to, as I was away with friends for a few days and we mostly went to tea rooms for cake and ate ice-cream... but also walked 25000 steps on Saturday, including up several hills and into a cave, which was pretty fun.

Monday
Breakfast: bacon and egg roll
Lunch: cold burger with bacon on one slice of bread, cold corn on the cob (we had to use our leftovers up!)
Dinner: Chicken skewers and couscous salad, yoghurt, all the crips

Definitely too many crisps at dinner, but I had to drive and the last 75 miles were haaaard. I needed a crips every other mile for a bit to keep me going :shock: :D It's only the second time I've ever driven anything like that far (and it's not even that far - probably about 4 hours in total but we broke it up), so it's not like I'll be doing it very often.

Tuesday
Breakfast: peanut butter on toast (one slice), grapes, blueberries and strawberries
Lunch: cheese salad sandwich, cucumber, tomato, little orange
Dinner: paella

I collected a massive supermarket order this morning so going to do a lot of cooking this week so the freezer is stocked up when I start work again in September. Already got 5 portions of paella boxed up and think I'll have about ten of curry once it's done slow-cooking. Tomorrow if it's not too hot I'll do a big pasta bake, also got plans for chilli beans and lasagna. Might need to buy some more boxes to freeze stuff in!

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:20 am

Wednesday

Breakfast: peanut butter on toast, strawberries and blueberries
Lunch: chicken burger, chips, grapes
Dinner: chicken and mushroom risotto

Went out for dinner and everyone else had dessert, I had a cup of tea. I would have just had dessert but I didn't spend the whole afternoon not eating the biscuits that were calling me from the cupboard for nothing! Like the opposite of the what the hell effect :)

Next week I might count the whole week as S. Or some kind of compromise. I'll be away helping on a church youth camp and I think it's important with teenage girls to show them that enjoying food is ok. I mean, you don't need pudding every day, but it's just a week and it's pretty active (lots of sport etc). I'm thinking maybe I'll stick to no seconds and no snacks but have pudding once a day. Enjoying meals together is a big deal on camp, we even sing to the apple crumble!

Imogen Morley

Post by Imogen Morley » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:29 am

How thoughtful of you! I think your idea is brilliant - we really should combat the "all-or-nothing" mentality on all fronts. Show the girls the power of "sometimes". I'm sure even Reinhard would approve.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:46 pm

Well, now I'll be the crankpot, but I think skipping a dessert a night or two and just saying -- well, I had a nice sweet yesterday, I don't need those everyday -- is also great for kids to see. Kids definitely eat massive amounts of sugar in my area and I frankly think many of the genetically-unlucky ones are headed for diabetes. Sorry -- rain-parade-downer Debbie. But I couldn't help myself.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8;
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
6/20-22.5; 7/20-23.0; 9/20-23.6
4/21 - 25.2

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:13 pm

Automated - I kind of agree with you for general life, but a week on camp where they're being really active (I think I got almost 20,000 steps most days last year) and on holiday, I think it's different. Also I've had more experience with teenage girls refusing to eat much at all than eating too much, but that might just be a coincidence.

Thursday

Lunch: cheese salad sandwich, little orange
Dinner: chilli beans and rice, grapes

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:07 pm

Friday

Lunch: fish fingers, sweet potato, corn, peas
Dinner: roast veg pasta

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:54 pm

So the week at camp was absolutely S. I'll mark it as yellow- it's so out of routine, with so little personal control over when and what to eat plus extremely tiring so I'm fine with it. Maybe next year I can keep it greener.

Now I've had fifteen hours of sleep, normal no-S service will be resumed. Until I go on holiday on Friday.

Tuesday

Breakfast: Weetabix
Lunch: cheese sandwich, cherry tomatoes, two little oranges
Dinner: fish fingers, potatoes, baked beans

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:47 pm

Welcome back!

15 hours of sleep - nice work!!!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:07 pm

I am great at sleeping- its a real skill. I actually probably slept more than most leaders on camp because I crash as soon as my head hits the pillow, sleep through most things if I know they're nothing to do with me (so no problems sharing a room) and can sleep on coaches, but still, being busy, around people and active from 7:45am-10pm (earliest, often more like 10:30/11) every day takes its toll!
The fifteen hours was accidental though- went for a nap at 4pm when we got back yesterday and woke up at 1am... I thought that was me awake for the day then which would have been a disaster but luckily I got back to sleep an hour later.

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:48 pm

Wednesday

Breakfast: peanut butter on pitta bread
Lunch: bread, salad, mozzarella, halloumi, salami
Dinner: fish pie, sweetcorn, peas

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:30 pm

Thursday

Breakfast: peanut butter pitta
Lunch: cheese and ham sandwich, baked crisps, strawberry smoothie
Dinner: fish pie, cherry tomatoes and a lot of courgette (as in a whole medium sized courgette that I realised was not going to keep until I get back from holiday)

Off on proper holiday tomorrow. I'm not even going to try to no-s, I want to be able to eat ice cream whenever I want.
The hard life of a teacher, all this off-routine holiday :D

It'll soon be September again and then it'll be the same breakfast and lunch every day and I already have the freezer stocked up with batch cooked meals for dinner. So better enjoy the Ss while they last!

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:09 pm

LOL, teacher's schedules can be great (all the time off) but it can be tricky to find our routine/groove with daily life. My schedule even changes every quarter!

I had to look up what courgette is. Basically like summer squash/zucchini! And that's what I have to finish eating tonight!!!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:50 pm

Back to normality...

Monday: green

Lunch: a selection from a buffet
Dinner: quiche, salad, hummus, mozzarella and tomato, grapes

Buffet win - didn't take any cake or seconds.

I was going to start the new school year with an after-work swim, but I think I might be starting with a cold instead. Sniffling away and wrapped up in a blanket. Urgh.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:35 pm

Whoop-whoop on the buffet win!

But sorry about the cold. :-(
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:45 pm

I'm sorry about the cold too- feeling very sorry for myself.

Tuesday

Lunch: cheese and rocket sandwich, cucumber and red pepper with hummus, grapes
Dinner: Indian takeaway

My brother came round for a birthday dinner and as I'm still in "urgh start of year" mode with added cold yuck, takeaway it was. But I didn't take any seconds and even made my brother leave enough for tomorrow.

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:07 pm

Wednesday

Lunch: humus, cucumber and rocket sandwich, red pepper, grapes
Dinner: leftover takeaway curry and rice

Nothing like teaching all day for the first time in six weeks to take your mind off a cold... but now I'm home and tired, my head is starting to turn to fuzz and the ice-cream craving is strong. I think I've managed to talk myself out of it by saying I could have a McFlurry if I walked to McDonaldson and being way too lazy (and a bit too achy) to make the trek. I could go to a church thing tonight but I might just go to bed with a cuppa....

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:21 pm

Thursday

Lunch: humus and cucumber sandwich, cherry tomatoes, red pepper and grapes
Dinner: fish pie, sweetcorn, peas, hunk of bread

I should probably eat less bread... But I love bread.

Nearly made it through a whole working week. I opened the biscuits I'd brought into work from my holiday after school today but just a sniff of them was enough, then I walked away. Go self-control. One more day. Going to a wedding on Saturday so looking forward to some treats there :)

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:18 am

S Days are almost here! Good luck tomorrow!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:14 pm

Friday

Friday was so red... Like biscuits at work, McDonald's (including ice cream) for dinner, more biscuits red.
I don't even know why. I just saw the biscuits and wanted them and ate them and then wth followed..

Saturday and Sunday

Enjoyed a delicious lunch pre-wedding yesterdayand great wedding food. But then I may have stress-eaten a lot of chocolate on a very stressful journey home. But today's been much more sensible, just seconds and an ice cream at lunch.

And then two people separately asked me if I'd lost weight because they said my face looked thinner. Which technically I haven't, for ages, but I wonder if not recording my weight unless it's lower than it has been has bitten me in the bum. I think I might have had one fluke very low weight in May that's skewed it. I might just have to start logging weekly to get a better picture even if it's discouraging to see it go up...

On a general fitness note, we're starting a thing at school called the daily mile. We take the kids out to run/walk for fifteen minutes every day so I go with them. I do take the lazy option and follow up the back, but it's still a bit of running and a walk every day.

Also, now my cold has gone, going to try swimming twice this week and perhaps even go for a run twice. Hopefully writing it down will make it happen!

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:46 pm

Monday

Breakfast: toast with peanut butter
Lunch: cheese and tomato sandwich, nectarine

Tuesday

Breakfast: toast with peanut butter
Lunch: cheese and tomato sandwich, apple
Dinner: Chipotle chicken, sweet potato, salad. Followed by cake.

Probably should be red, but I only had one piece of cake (I was at a friend's house and she'd baked it especially with blackberries she'd picked) - no seconds and no wth even though I went shopping on my way home. And I went swimming.

Wednesday

Breakfast: toast with peanut butter, strawberries
Lunch: cheese, tomato and rocket sandwich, cucumber, grapes
Dinner: sweet potato and chickpea curry with naan bread

Bread bread bread... Oops! It's almost cold enough to be porridge for breakfast time again, that'll save me from one bread based meal a day.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:40 pm

what is a tomato and rocket sandwich?
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

worth it

Post by worth it » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:09 am

Your dinners look so good! Paella? Quiche? Chipotle chicken? Yum!

And overall, your meals look filled with yummy and nutritious food. Bon Apetite!

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:54 am

The sandwich was cheese, tomato and rocket. I think rocket is called arugula in the US. It's a green leaf.

I do love food... And spent a few days in the summer holidays cooking massive quantities and stocking the freezer. The chipotle chicken was my friend cooking though - it was delicious!

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:54 pm

Thursday

Breakfast: peanut butter on toast, strawberries
Lunch: cheese, rocket and tomato sandwich, cucumber, grapes
Dinner: chilli beans and rice

I think tomorrow might be a porridge day, it almost felt frosty this morning.

Octavia

Post by Octavia » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:34 pm

I agree with worth it, you eat great food, flying!

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:20 pm

Friday

Breakfast: porridge with strawberries
Lunch: cheese, rocket and tomato sandwich, cucumber and grapes
Dinner: roast veg pasta

Thanks everyone! It probably helps that I love eating most things, like cooking (not after work when I'm tired, but batch cooking at the weekend is my idea of fun) and although I've got used to eating the same thing most breakfasts and lunches, really love variety. It is the spice of life after all.

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:25 pm

Monday

Breakfast: porridge with peanut butter, banana and cinnamon
Lunch: cheese and rocket sandwich, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, grapes
Dinner: cheese, bacon and cauliflower pasta with peas

Trying to convince myself to go swimming but I'm not convinced yet... Might go shopping near the swimming pool, see if I can make it in.

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:19 pm

Tuesday

Lunch: cheese and rocket sandwich, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, grapes
Dinner: chili beans and rice

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:38 pm

Wednesday

Lunch: cheese sandwich, red pepper, little orange
Dinner: sweet potato and chickpea curry, naan bread

Bread themed day again...
Got to make it through a church group this evening and there is talk of pizza and cake. Will just keep telling myself that I am done eating for the day.

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:10 pm

Thursday

Breakfast: a slice of bread with some peanut butter, a banana
Dinner: fish pie, sweetcorn and peas

I overslept, so my porridge (I put it in the fridge the night before to soak overnight) will have to keep till tomorrow because I didn't even have time to toast my bread let alone cook and eat porridge.

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:26 pm

Friday

Lunch: cheese sandwich, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, little orange
Dinner: bacon burger and sweet potato fries

Slightly spontaneous dinner out- now have paella in the fridge that I'd got out to defrost... But the burger was delicious and I can have paella tomorrow.

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:47 pm

I'm on a school residential again (only three months since the last one, but we've changed the trip from June to September so there this is the first year going in September). Before we left, I thought I'd just have a yellow week, but I forgot how generous the portions are so I've actually stayed green so far.

Monday

Breakfast: two weetabix with hot milk, a banana
Lunch: cheese sandwich, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, grapes
Dinner: lasagne, chips, garlic bread, salad

Tuesday

Breakfast: bacon, sausage, beans, hash brown
Lunch: chicken curry, rice, naan, salad
Dinner: cottage pie, carrots, peas, cabbage

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:32 pm

what is school residential? sounds intriguing!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:57 am

Just a school trip where you stay overnight. Or four overnights in this case (Monday-Friday).

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:27 pm

So after that great start the rest of the week away was mostly fuelled by chocolate. Yesterday was also a big fail- fine till after dinner then I ate lots of chocolate and made apple crumble. :shock: :oops: :roll:

I really struggle when I'm tired. And boy am I tired. I'm not sure if I'm getting sick or just tired, but I felt really strange this morning. Maybe it's because I'd eaten almost my own weight in crumble, custard and chocolate the night before!

Nevertheless, I got back on the wagon and finally had a green Day.

Tuesday

Breakfast: one slice of toast with butter (I felt too weird to eat anything else)
Lunch: cheese sandwich, cucumber, grapes, cherry tomatoes
Dinner: chicken and sweetcorn noodle soup, a banana

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:21 am

I've been away except for occasional check ins for quite awhile. I just browsed through what I'd missed. Did you say you'd lost 10 kg. as of last May? (Not that that's the sole focus, but I know it was something you wanted.) Have you been able to keep that off?

I"m a teacher, too, and we have a very different school year. We start the third week in July. I now have a 2-week fall break. I'm working only 3 hours a day but it's been very stressful anyway. One class is just crazy with lots of kids failing several classes, not just ours. (I partner teach and we have about 40% kids with cognitive disabilities in our three classes.) Anyway , I did not realize how supportive my old schedule was. Now I'm done with students an hour earlier than when we normally have lunch and I find myself sometimes tucking in to lunch early. I often stay to do prep work and then eat with two colleagues. We are all retiring in June and we have a new boss who has not been easy to work with so we get together for moral support. I don't mean to go on and on about me but I've actually done better sometimes on breaks with the whole day in front of me than I have been in these first nine weeks of work. I sympathize with your schedule stuff.

I'm impressed by your willingness to keep at it, especially the food logging. I've toyed with the idea of logging S's on S days or logging failure foods, but that's all it's been. Toying. My hat is off to you!

Here's to a great October.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:29 am

Hi oolala- nice to "see" you again.

Yeah, the about 10kg has stayed off but weight loss has seemed to grind to a halt. Bit annoying as I'm definitely still overweight, but I'm not going to change anything till I have a very green month - I think I stopped losing weight because I kept going on holiday etc.
If I stay green for a month with only one or two reds/S-days and still don't lose weight, I might consider changing something. We'll see.

You're schedule does sound very different to mine! Even your day to day schedule. I teach 8:50-3:15, and always eat my lunch at almost exactly the same time (lunch is 12:15- 1:15, but I normally wait till 12:45 before eating). My class (I just have one) are really quite lovely so that makes the stress worth it! Even if settling back into classroom life after a week away hasn't been the smoothest transition...

I'm not sure I really want to keep logging forever, but I stopped for a bit and it was a slow descent back into disaster so I'll keep at it for now. Seems like good habits are very hard to entrench for me!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:09 pm

Your schedule was my schedule, or close to it, for years. I found it worked very well for No S. But the job is wearing me out and I'm 65, so I decided to go half time. (I pay into the system as if I"m getting my full-time salary, and my pension will be based on that salary as well.) It's funny how when I'm off from school, I can structure my day for good meal times with reasonable gaps, but this schedule is a problem. I used to have a class just before lunch time, so I didn't really have an option to eat early if I was really hungry or just wanted to anxious-eat. Even though I always have work I could do in that hour, I often feel very agitated then. It's hard to describe, but it's been a challenge. I think a lot of it is that I would really like to retire as of yesterday, so all the time I have to spend outside of teaching, and there is a lot of that time, I feel resentful of. And I used to eat during those resentful times. So it keeps getting stirred up. Oh, well. Nothing to do but keep trying. It's not like going on a diet would help me... :lol:
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:18 pm

It is a good schedule!

Hope you settle into your new schedule and it doesn't seem too long until retirement.

Right, today:

Wednesday

Breakfast: weetabix with hot milk, a banana
Lunch: baked beans on toast, grapes, cherry tomatoes
Dinner: chicken and sweetcorn noodle soup, a little orange

I picked up a cake and put it back down while tidying up after a Science lesson on classification... they were sorting sweets into groups. They loved it, my classroom had a definite chocolatey whiff afterwards... but I resisted. And made the children resist too (although only because there were lots of sweets being handed out for birthdays so I've saved the sorting sweets for another day).

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:46 am

Thursday and Friday were such big fails. Like "let's eat all the cake" fails. "Oh and all the chocolate!"

Anyway, hopefully that is out of my system and I will avoid baking during the week if possible (I think having to make cake on Thursday set me off, though it probably didn't help that I was really tired and having to walk loads because my car was out of action.)

Monday

Breakfast: weetabix with peanut butter, banana and hot milk
Lunch: chicken salad sandwich, grapes, little oranges
Dinner: chicken bacon pasta

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:32 pm

Tuesday and Wednesday

It seems like all willpower has deserted me at the moment.... so much chocolate involved in the last two days.

Having said that, today was....
Thursday
Or beige if you want to describe what I ate..

Breakfast: weetabix and a banana
Lunch: chicken sandwich and a little orange
Dinner: chicken nuggets and chips

Urgh. Well at least there was no chocolate...

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:27 pm

flyingpig wrote:Tuesday and Wednesday

It seems like all willpower has deserted me at the moment.... so much chocolate involved in the last two days.

Having said that, today was....
Thursday
Or beige if you want to describe what I ate..

Lunch: chicken sandwich and a little orange

Urgh. Well at least there was no chocolate...
It's a big thing to turn around two red days, big pat on the back, only one more day and you can enjoy the weekend :)

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:51 am

A beige day, ha!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:15 am

Friday

Lunch: cheese sandwich and two little oranges
Dinner: cornish pasties, grapes

Another reasonably beige day... just feeling very bleh so can't be bothered to include vegetables. Hopefully next week will be more colourful.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:49 pm

I think it's rather typical to go through those times of eating easy, heavy stuff. Humans are wired to go for the most calories for the least work. I'm still perplexed when it happens, but so far, I always come out of it, too.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:12 pm

Although I've happily grown out of much of my healthy eating rebellion, I still enjoy NOT having veg on my S Days. Haha
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:57 pm

I love veg. I just can't be bothered.

I actually probably could have been bothered today but I also knew I had a three hour after school training on safeguarding that was going to be pretty heavy-going, so I sabotaged myself and ate chocolate at lunch time. And then when mid-afternoon I had a bit of a data-input related meltdown (I so went into teaching for the spreadsheets), I fixed it with chocolate. And then ate all the biscuits once it actually got to safeguarding training time.

Such a fail. I'm not even hungry for dinner now...

I think I need to try logging red days, see if that extra accountability makes a difference. So here goes:

Monday

Breakfast: banana and peanut butter on toast
Lunch: pizza, red pepper, cucumber and grapes
Snack: a chocolate bar, a couple of mini bags of maltesers, several (/many) biscuits

We'll see if I bother with dinner...

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:14 pm

flyingpig wrote:I actually probably could have been bothered today but I also knew I had a three hour after school training on safeguarding that was going to be pretty heavy-going, so I sabotaged myself and ate chocolate at lunch time. And then when mid-afternoon I had a bit of a data-input related meltdown (I so went into teaching for the spreadsheets), I fixed it with chocolate. And then ate all the biscuits once it actually got to safeguarding training time.
Yuck! Several of the most disheartening things about teaching all in one day! Meetings, 3-hour meetings, bad food at meetings, and tedious record-keeping. Sorry!!!! Sounds like a day that would have put me red too.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:59 pm

Tuesday

Lunch: pepperoni pizza, cucumber, grapes
Dinner: sweet potato curry, naan bread, an apple

If I can do a green day on less than five hours sleep with chocolate appearing on my desk and chocolate in my bag (it's "angel week"- you're supposed to do nice stuff for your angel, but everyone seems a bit too tired to think of anything other than throwing chocolate at each other), I can do any green day. You'd think. And hope.

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:40 pm

Wednesday

Dinner: cheese and bacon pasta

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:45 pm

I used to leave teacher trainings with raging headaches. SUCH a discrepancy between what they were always talking about and what I knew my classroom was like. Not to mention the previous failure of so many recommended techniques. Now I am usually just bitter for the rest of the day. But I can't blame it all on teaching. Most of my colleagues take it all in stride better than I do.

And I know you were being tongue-in-cheek when you said you fixed it with chocolate. Which fixes nothing. Which doesn't mean it can't appear on the menu at times.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:34 pm

I just discovered safeguarding is a British term - its basically keeping children safe, recognising abuse and knowing how to report it etc. Is there an American term? The kind of training that is a necessary evil (and legal requirement), even if it really can't (and shouldn't) be made more fun.

Anyway, I can't really blame that training, I also tried fixing Thursday and Friday with chocolate. Turns out you're right, oola, it didn't fix much. Here's hoping a week off work will do a better job!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:24 am

If there is a term for the action, I can't think of it. We are "mandated reporters" of sexual or other abuse/neglect. At the high school level, the focus is more on reporting sexual abuse. We've had at least three cases of staff prosecuted for sexual abuse since I've worked at the school. One served 18 months. It's been men every time so far. But who knows?

I have to admit, I have a hard time imagining making it fun. It's such a difficult topic. I'm usually very irreverent, but I doubt I'd get away with it on that.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:49 pm

Hmm, the cultural differences I had never even thought about!

Anyway, my week off has started well, stayed in PJs till noon then did nine thousand steps in some lovely autumn afternoon sunshine.

And it was a green Monday too

Breakfast: eggy bread (it's like French toast but savoury)
Lunch: sausage roll
Dinner: lentil bolognese (like a normal bolognese but with red lentils instead of meat), strawberries

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:20 pm

Tuesday

Breakfast: a slice of toast with peanut butter and banana, a small bowl of strawberries, mango and grapes
Lunch: cheese salad sandwich, cucumber, cherry tomatoes
Dinner: fish pie, sweetcorn, peas and a piece of cauliflower, a baked apple

I've always thought that fruit after a meal is fine, even though I suppose it could be seen as a sweet or a second. But I don't imagine many people are overweight because that have an apple or a few grapes after dinner. Also I generally plan in my head that I'll be having the fruit, so it's kind of virtual plating. However a baked apple may be pushing it. It literally was an apple, chopped in half and sprinkled with cinnamon then baked for an hour. And I only did it because eating apples raw makes my mouth itch. But it was very tasty and much more pudding-like. Something to do with it being warm and sweet (I don't know how a cooked apple is sweeter than a raw one but it was!). I don't normally buy apples (these were left over from a fruit salad I made last weekend) so this is not a dilemma I'm going to come across often, but maybe I'll chop one into my porridge tomorrow, might be a bit less dessert-y. Don't want to get into habits where a sweet something is expected after dinner...

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:45 am

Well, all I know is that after reading your post, I have this craving to preheat the oven and stick an apple in there...... :wink:
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:03 pm

Wednesday

Breakfast: one slice of toast and a scrambled egg
Lunch: pasta with lentil bolognese, grapes
Dinner: fish fingers, roast potatoes, baked beans, a banana
After dinner snack: strawberries, carrot sticks, pepper

After dinner snack? Green? What madness is this?
Well I was a bit silly, I had a proper meal at lunch thinking I was going to be at someone's house for a dinner buffet. Then I read the email again and it mentioned light snacks and cakes, so I thought that wasn't really dinner so I ate a proper dinner before going. But then when I got there it was quite a substantial buffet... So to save myself from feeling guilty or having to confess I'd already eaten I just put fruit and veg on my plate. I mean I could have had nothing, but I equally could have had pizza, pork pie, chocolate cake and crisps so I think a few strawberries counts as a win. They were delicious strawberries too. So probably not really a green but in my head it's fine. It's certainly a lot more sensible buffet behaviour than usual.

I'm away the next few days. I might try keeping tomorrow green but not sure about Friday. I'll go with the flow...

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:37 am

Life throws us curve balls, and this sounds like a very green solution! :-)
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:37 am

Thursday

Breakfast: apple and cinnamon porridge
Lunch: cheeseburger, chips and salad
Dinner: veggie lasagne, garlic bread, salad

Friday
Breakfast: bacon and egg sandwich
Lunch: fish, lentils, rice (biryani), vegetables and an assortment of Indian snack foods (little fried things)
Dinner: pizza and salad

So Friday was a bit dodgy. Lunch came on two plates (we got the snack things free at the restaurant, they were delicious- but I specifically didn't order a starter even though everyone else did so I count that as a win) and dinner was eaten as it came out the oven (at the request of my friend who was making the pizzas) so probably would have been a struggle to all fit on one plate. But I'm on holiday and people keep offering me cake/chocolate/crisps and so far I've said no every time. So I'm going to stick with green because that has motivated me to keep politely declining.

And I've started Saturday morning with a slither of cake. It is Saturday and i am on holiday!

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:32 pm

So, one extremely S-y weekend later, it's back to work and back to green.

Monday
Breakfast: scrambled eggs and toast
Lunch: cheese salad sandwich, red pepper, grapes

This McDonalds habit I seem to have developed is rather annoying me. It's expensive and not really filling - going to bed hungry is not my favourite thing to do. But at the time I always convince myself that it's the only way to stop myself giving into the snack/sweet cravings and that at least I don't have a McFlurry with it...

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:23 am

So been there with McD's (and a ton of other fast food places).

Finances and health concerns and feeling guilty for not teaching my kids better habits all take turns in helping me curb the eating out/take-outs. But it still has been a major issue for me over my entire life.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:41 pm

Tuesday

Breakfast: porridge with peanut butter and banana
Lunch: cheese salad sandwich, grapes, red pepper
Dinner: bacon and cheese pasta bake and I've just put an apple in the oven to bake

I know I said I wouldn't make a habit of baked apples, but it is so cold in my house I'm hoping having the oven on for a while will make it warm enough for me to actually do my washing up in the kitchen (without wearing a coat). Winter's arrived rather suddenly here in the UK!

eschano

Post by eschano » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:52 pm

Baked apples sound amazing. Do you literally just stick an apple in the oven? (Obviously I’m not much of a cook)
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:05 pm

Yup. All I do is chop it in half, take the core out and sprinkle cinnamon on. Then bake for 45 mins (approximately- it starts to smell done and look all bubbly) at about 180°c. I did use quite sweet "eating" apples (think they were galas), if you had cooking apples it might be too tart with no sugar.... although my (diabetic) housemate uses cooking apples and a bit of honey.

Wednesday

Breakfast: peanut butter and banana porridge
Lunch: cheese and tomato sandwich, red pepper and grapes
Snack: tiny chocolate bar
Snack: jam donut

Well, end October to reflect how the month has gone really... but it was not as wth as it could have been. In fact, if I had not had to go to the supermarket after dinner, I think I might have drawn a line under the chocolate bar. But I would find 25p (reduced for the end of the day) donuts hard to resist at the best of times.

Onwards and upwards!

eschano

Post by eschano » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:06 am

I’ll try that tonight, thank you!
Sounds like you are doing well overall.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:39 pm

Well, October was a bit of a disaster, but slightly rescued by the last week. My scales have run out of battery so I'm not sure what impact that has had, but maybe it's better not to know.

On to November....

Thursday
Lunch: cheese and tomato sandwich

I took my dinner to work because it was parents' evening, but only had time to eat half of it in my mid-evening break. So just finished the other half of it and now I'm not even really hungry enough to even eat the bits of lunch I didn't have time to eat at lunch time (because I was too busy checking electrical equipment for a science activity). One of those days!

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:56 pm

Friday

Friday was such an epic fail. It all started with a piece of cake after lunch and by dinner time I was eating a whole packet of cookies... Mark it and move on. And don't sit so near the cake in the staffroom.

Monday
Breakfast: peanut butter and jam with weetabix
Lunch: cheese sandwich, cucumber, red pepper, grapes and a little orange
Dinner: "chicken" noodle soup (no actual chicken in it (I added an egg instead), but lots of chicken stock)

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:34 pm

Keep racking up those wins, especially saying no to the random offers. Undercutting that human tendency to be an opportunistic eater is a real boon to moderation.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Tuesday

Lunch: cheese sandwich, cucumber, red pepper, grapes and a little orange
Dinner: chicken noodle soup (with actual chicken this time)

Wouldn't life be easier if there wasn't chocolate in one staff room and cake in the other? My workplace very much shows appreciation through food...

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:43 pm

Yours isn't the only one. It's a misplaced appreciation habit. People are brainwashed that there is anything normal about it. I don't know what it's like now, but I can't imagine that happening in a traditional French office. No one would want to ruin their appetite for their delicious lunch or dinner.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Shells

Chocolate

Post by Shells » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:45 am

Wouldn't life be easier if there wasn't chocolate in one staff room and cake in the other? My workplace very much shows appreciation through food...

Had to smile. I started no 's'ing to lose the weight I gained from the boss laying on guilt trips that I wasn't eating the gluten free foods she'd specially provided. Bribery so we wouldn't mind staying for meetings until 6 on a Friday night...

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:08 pm

flyingpig wrote: Wouldn't life be easier if there wasn't chocolate in one staff room and cake in the other?
Haha!! That is terrible and a bummer!! My workplace can be pretty bad that way -- the nutrition teacher is forever bringing in "healthy snacks" (which are really just a sugar load, but I digress) to tempt us all!!! Luckily, I've been doing this so long that I honestly barely register them. And if someone tries to force it on me, I just say my stuck-up line about waiting until the weekend. Makes me feel superior. :twisted: :twisted:
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:29 pm

[color=green] Wednesday [/color]

Breakfast: weetabix with peanut butter and banana
Lunch: a ham sandwich
Dinner: packet of crisps, chicken tomato pasta, fruit smoothie

My lunch story is a sad (and really quite boring) tale today. Picture the scene, 6:30am, my kitchen. There is one solitary slice of bread left. "Never fear," say I, "I shall have weetabix for breakfast and buy my lunch." So, I detour into the supermarket on my way to work. As I walk towards the sandwich aisle, what should catch my eye but 25p cans of soup. Perfect, a tin of tomato soup and a crusty roll will make a great lunch. So, soup in hand I head towards the bakery. Which is completely empty. Never mind, I'll have a sandwich with my soup. Oh why are prepackaged sandwiches so expensive? Still reeling from the lack of bakery bread, I decide on the cheapest, most boring sandwich. I'll only be dipping it into my soup anyway, not worth spending a whole £2.50 on.
Several hours later, it's lunch time. I spend fifteen minutes supervising several children writing at the speed of a lazy slug. Just as I have finally sent the last child out to play and am considering whether to mark maths books or clear the paper/pen explosion on my desk, a colleague wanders past muttering about marking and music and choir. Choir! I'd completely forgotten. I go to grab my lunch. Oh no, I'd also forgotten all about the soup! Do I have time for soup? Don't be silly, I can't get all the way to the microwave and back in the one minute before choir starts. And that is why I spent my lunch trying to sing Greatest Showman and simultaneously eat the driest ham sandwich known to man.

At least I've got soup for tomorrow....
And I've learnt to make sure I have enough bread in, because buying lunch never works out as well as I think it will.
Last edited by flyingpig on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

Shells

Post by Shells » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:40 am

Oh I feel for you! I’m a teacher too and the number of times I’ve ended up with a peanut butter sandwich whilst supervising children... can’t be healthy!

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:33 am

I should clarify- it was a completely voluntary staff choir. I just really wanted to go sing.

Also why won't my Wednesday turn green?

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:13 pm

Thursday

Breakfast: peanut butter and banana sandwich
Lunch: tomato soup (yay), half a cheese sandwich, grapes
Dinner: fish and chips

Not the healthiest dinner, but I had a horrible day so I count it as a win that I didn't break into the chocolate.

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:48 pm

Friday

Breakfast: peanut butter and banana sandwich
Lunch: cheese, bacon and cauliflower pasta

Yay, first green week at work for quite some time! :D
Last edited by flyingpig on Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shells

Post by Shells » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:18 am

Wahoo! Good for you! 8)

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:14 pm

Bravo!

Hope you had time to get bread.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

flyingpig

Post by flyingpig » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:41 pm

Monday

Breakfast: big bowl of fruit salad with yogurt, one slice of toast with peanut butter
Lunch: pizza, veggie crisps, cucumber, grapes
Dinner: lasagne, veggie crisps, salad
Snack: ice cream and chocolate

So I'm not counting it as properly red because I'm sort of sick. Urgh. I was coughing all night so I kept waking up. So now I'm really tired. And still coughing. So I told myself ice cream might help, even though dairy really does not help in such situations. So now I'm coughing even more... Whoops.