Lysiosquillid's Daily

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

lysiosquillid

Lysiosquillid's Daily

Post by lysiosquillid » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:37 am

hi all,

I am new here. Obviously. I have considered joining this thing for a while now as I actually stick to a similar regiment. I've been failing somewhat and thought that perhaps in joining this I could perhaps re-evaluate and keep a log.

A bit about me. I am in the 220's, about 5'3. I walk at least 4 times a week, various distances for various things but mostly to and from classes. So, we have the diet and the urban ranger down. As for shovel glove I think I will pass for the time being and eh, sew things? I am certain that if one were to walk into my room and see a sledgehammer they may become concerned. Not because it may be a bit wacky, but for living arrangement reasons. But soon I may be partaking in weird fitness things like belly dancing.

I dont drink soda much. Maybe maybe maybe one per day of the week in any given time period. i.e. 7 in 3 minutes. it's a college thing.

The only sweet I eat usually is ricecakes; and those are only oh so often.

I usually dont eat seconds unless of course at the local chinese buffet. (note to self: move said cuisine to weekends)

I think that is really all there is to say in regards to this. I will try to keep updates daily. I really will! :oops:

lysiosquillid

Post by lysiosquillid » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:22 am

day one:

ok.

green beans for breakfast... but i get up at about 11:00 my time so it is suitable.

a sweet potato and green beans for lunch, this was about 3:30 (so? i have a lot of green beans!! well, i am out now so no more green bean posts till next week... maybe...)

dinner (9:30ish) was pizza at a snazzy movie/food place with a friend. i did have mountain dew, but i think i worked it off in a post movie frenzy of loud metal music and wanting to go base jumping (if you arent squeemish and like manly movies and adrenaline see crank) i got my workout definitely in pacing around while said friend was on the phone screaming to another friend about how awesome the movie was.

so exercise= an hour of pacing, calf muscle workouts standing on a concrete edge for 20 minutes, weird karate-kicking things in between.

urban ranger= ok i think. i cheated as i had a presentation today and didnt want to go to stand up in front of the class all icky. so i hopped a ride there. but the way back i walked. 15 mins. plus a five minute walk to my night class from my car through some woodsy stuff.

now beddy feeling and kind of glum. the kind of feeling you get after adrenaline movies. mama always said they were bad...
"Who goes there?"
-- "Tis I, Ellie, Killer of Ants!"

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:36 am

Welcome and good luck.
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:03 pm

Welcome, lysiosquillid.

Good start -- though I'd caution against having sugar soda with the idea of working them off. It takes a lot more exercise than you think to work one of those off, and most of us have plenty to workoff already.

Nice weird username and avatar! Are you studying marine biology?

Reinhard

lysiosquillid

Post by lysiosquillid » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:34 pm

yes karate could be fun.

and sugary sodas do take a while to get through the whole metabolism, i know. it was definitely in gest. to burn off the calorie content in those things is quite a chore. obviously was still hopped up on mad caffiene when i posted. :lol:

as for weird username, i dont do marine biology, but have a relatively strong biology background and enjoy biology. i am actually in art. but mantis shrimp make me smile.
"Who goes there?"

lysiosquillid

Post by lysiosquillid » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:05 pm

sick day. cough drops. ive been up for several hours and not eaten anything so today is an S day just one which i can't partake in. perhaps i can make weird no-s art with surrealist undertones. joan miro would do so if he were in my shoes.
"Who goes there?"

lysiosquillid

Post by lysiosquillid » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:30 am

another S(ick) day. ive had a very small (think of those solo cups your grandparents buy to take pills in the morning with) thing of annie's macaroni all day. i think im going to go try to be out a bit before i go looney. thinking barnes and noble. perhaps tea over super sugary coffee. yes that's what i'll do. i'll edit this if that changes. still an S day but keeping it on the decent end of "sometimes." still trying to get better health but also to look good for a "certain someone". 8) onward.

will also probably just take the weekend and use it to re-evaluate. regroup.

************************EDIT*******************************

ok 12:eh... almost 1 am.

did well. chai tea. went to tgifridays, potstickers and a beer and water. only had 2 of said potstickers though, chai tea made me fullish and well i like potstickers to last.

no urban ranger today as most of the day was being in bed sick. got my good fill of being out for the day though. i think they should have classes at late night hours. i feel ok at night, daytime gets me.
"Who goes there?"

lysiosquillid

Post by lysiosquillid » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:50 pm

friday: FAIL

that is all.
"Who goes there?"

lysiosquillid

Post by lysiosquillid » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:29 pm

not dead. still regrouping. ive had success for 2 days now, just trying to get into the swing of things before i re-commit.
"Who goes there?"

lysiosquillid

Post by lysiosquillid » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:11 am

all week: successful (in a weird way). it's been a bad week which makes not eating lots very easy. there were days of not eating at all, sadly, but i am working on that.

hardly any walking done, mostly taking trolley/driving to infirmary
"Who goes there?"