So Ingrained

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Over43

So Ingrained

Post by Over43 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:48 pm

My sweetheart daughter is home from her first trimester at Utah State. She took a nutrition class. Last night we became involved in friendly verbal combat concerning snacking.

She insisted that snacking is imperative. Of course, I let her know it is not. Finally, I just told her snacking is a facade created by the snacking industry to sell more snacks. She did not believe me. :lol:

But, it never occurs to me how ingrained the myth of snacking is in the psyche of the American public.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

freeandeasy

Post by freeandeasy » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:24 pm

Isn't that amazing.
I clearly remember in my childhood (in the 70's) that we just didn't snack. I'm sure many of us remember that. And ancient healing traditions, like Ayurveda, distinctly avoid snacking and overeating.

It's amazing to look back at old movies and photos and how THIN everyone was. By today's standards they look almost unhealthy, yet they weren't.
It's sad what they are teaching nutritionists now, IMHO. I would love to see a nutritionist, but it seems all the info they get is directly from the large corporate food companies, alas. But, I'm sure I'm preaching to choir on this one!

Anyway, I hope maybe one day your daughter offers the No S book to some of her clients so they can at least choose for themselves what they'd like to do.

On a happier note, I hope you and your daughter still have a wonderful holiday together!

eschano

Post by eschano » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:16 pm

😂 I hope you will be able to convince her sooner rather than later
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021