Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Reamac

Post by Reamac » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:57 pm

Hi All
Firstly, I can not believe I have only just discovered the no S I thought I had done every diet on the planet (clearly not) a few examples slimming world, beans on toast, the Cambridge, cabbage soup, special K, the beach etc. I have 14 pounds to lose to be a healthy weight and cannot seem to shift it so I will give this ago. Fortunately here in the U.K. It is Saturday evening so by my understanding this is a day I don't have to stick to the rules, is this correct? I hope so. Anyway I wil let you know how I get on.
Exercise I do is walking this is because it's part of my job and I don't have much choice again weekends I hardly do any walking, is this okay? Thanks all for your help in advance!

Whosonfirst

Post by Whosonfirst » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:41 am

You are correct, weekends the rules are relaxed. And walking is The best exercise in my opinion. If you want to add something to walking, then rucking with a light backpack, or try heavy hands version. And you can always add hills to your walks.
https://twitter.com/SipeEngineering
Current weight(9/2020)-212 lbs.
Goal Weight- 205 lbs.
NoS Goal: >= 80% Success days

sharon227

Post by sharon227 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:17 pm

Beans on toast? Hadn't heard of that one!

Good luck here!

I am a big believer in exercise as a companion to good nutrition and portion control for healthy weight loss. I find that I need my walking to be rather brisk. Hours of strolling without breaking a sweat are probably still healthy for my heart, but don't seem to do much for my weight loss. I’m assuming once I’m at maintenance, moderate-paced walking will be more helpful to maintain.

funnyjokes

happy wheels

Post by funnyjokes » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:51 am

I want you to thank for your time of this wonderful read!!! I definately enjoy every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
happy wheels

ColleenFoxworth

Nice

Post by ColleenFoxworth » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:55 pm

A BB and all related issues have been done for the persons. The change of the society and australia writer is done for the students. The improvement of the term is calculated for the connotation for the students in life.