Free choice of 3 meals content really.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Sparkle1944

Free choice of 3 meals content really.

Post by Sparkle1944 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:57 am

Hi
Can you really have exactly what you want at your 3 meals? Being 12 weeks post hip op want to lose weight...no diet has ever worked due to be immobile ..I .do them exactly but when no success on scales after 8 weeks or so and club leaders said I was doing it perfectly and could offer no other advice I lost enthusiasm and I stopped ..what type of meals do you eat any advice would be appreciated.
Onwards and upwards...habit becomes normal the longer you practice it....

Soprano

Re: Free choice of 3 meals content really.

Post by Soprano » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:33 pm

Yes you can eat what you want but watch portion sizes!!

Also think about what you are eating, for health reasons you should aim to eat a good balanced diet. But no food groups have to be left out.

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Sparkle1944

Post by Sparkle1944 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:45 pm

Hi
Many thanks for the information..will see how it goes.

Regards
Onwards and upwards...habit becomes normal the longer you practice it....

liveitup

Post by liveitup » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:22 pm

By default I use myplate's advice of filling up half the plate with fruit and veg (at the cafeteria at work for example). But I definitely think about what sounds good first. :)
BMI March 2021: 28
Using NoS to eliminate emotional eating.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:31 am

It depends on what you want. No S cannot defy the laws of physics. If you are a small person and fill large plates with dense heavy food, it’s unlikely you’ll lose. I tend to have only one big meal a day. The others are pretty small And sometimes on weekends, I have only two or sometimes even just one meal because I eat richer food (more likely to eat out.) on a daily basis, I tend not to have a lot of SAD. (If I go through a phase of eating it, I do gain a few pounds.) This all evolved over time before and during No S.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

margot17

Post by margot17 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:41 am

I do two only one biggish meal a day, where what I eat is more nutrient dense, while the other two are more scarce. And I do the quadrants as well, actual or virtual.
I am now introducing as a rule that if I count to eat white starches in a meal, I'll have 1 tbsp of chia seeds or psyllim seeds in water before the meal (just to off-set the impact of the carbs).
And I have had since the beginning the rule of eating a small apple before every meal. Seems it helps with blood sugar and it's very beneficial for the liver, and I like apples.