Allison's arrival!

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Allisonmeg

Allison's arrival!

Post by Allisonmeg » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:53 pm

I'm back.... ready to get back on the No S wagon! I've had a 5 month bender, eating as opposite of No S as you can get...basically nonstop grazing, no sit down meals, sweets all the time (15lbs of weight gain on top of what was already there to lose). My tumble came when I got cocky... dropping to two meals a day and then down to OMAD and fasting. It went well for a while, then I tried low carbing on top of that. In the end, I'm coming off a big rebellious streak, proving ONCE AGAIN why messing with the No S formula does NOT WORK. I do plan to go back to 2 meals a day (after melon season) because I honestly didn't miss breakfast once I got used to not eating it.

I've been planning July 1st for the last couple of months because I will finally be in chill- out mode. We just got back from the beach yesterday. I also went to see my oldest daughter graduate college in Germany (who's also expecting baby #3), another daughter graduate high school, the whole college orientation thing, one son "graduate" 5th grade (and 3rd grade and kindergarten, lol), a whole slew of end of year parties and so on.

I think this is going to be REALLY hard this first week getting back on track... Just re-habitizing to not snack all day seems daunting, yet freeing at the same time. Even tonight I'm not the slightest bit hungry but snacking because it's my last night.

I worked out today too. I've always worked out but got very lax the last few months. I actually FEEL the extra weight/fat on me and it's grossing me out. Like when I walk, sit, everything....I actually play with my newest fat rolls, ugh! Worse is when my husband is playing with fat rolls without actually noticing he's doing it. And when I put on a bathing suit for the first time last week, I hadn't even realized I have rolls on my back. :shock: I hate feeling my thighs jiggle in opposite directions and I really hate wearing 3/4 sleeves in 95 degree humid summer (my 6 year old was flapping my batwings for amusement).

My 49th birthday was a couple of weeks ago. My goal is to be healthy and in-shape at 50. :!: :!: :mrgreen: and free of this hideous graze/binge/stuffmyface habit.

Also I've been looking around the site and I just love that everyone is still here and it looks like the group has grown a ton lately! :D Did anything new happen to get the No S word out there?

automatedeating

Re: Allison's arrival!

Post by automatedeating » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:03 am

Hi Allison! So glad to hear your updates.

Honestly, I think it's kind of cute that your hubby plays with your rolls. :-)

I'm sure you'll get back in the NoS groove before you know it!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8;
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
6/20-22.5; 7/20-23.0; 9/20-23.6
4/21 - 25.2

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:18 am

Im up 20 lbs so i feel you! I really thought fasting was the answer but i just took it too fat and it backfired. Here’s to moderation. We got this!
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:32 pm

It 2:00 pm on first day back. I had a bowl of melon at breakfast and had a cheese steak with about 8 fries for lunch.
I never eat anything but salads for lunch (not the low cal kind) and am SICK of it. So it was a pretty amazing lunch! Hubby watched in wonder seeing me eat something without a fork.
I had a small headache and was actually feeling hunger pangs nearing lunch, but fought my everyday urge at 10 am to snack. The fact this is day one (again :) ) made me more resilient.

We're about to go get our two sister kittens we adopted from a rescue last month. With our two big dogs who have never seen cats, I feel that not snacking this afternoon will come fairly easily. The whole family is super excited and every kid's room in the house has been made into a kitty retreat. I'm very stressed of a dog eating a kitten and I have the house dungeoned/caged/gated off everywhere.

And agreed Linda, the fasting does backfire...once I started eating, it ended bingeing. I don't know how many hundreds of times I have to learn this lesson! Moderation

Dinner update: bowl of kamut cereal/milk and canteloupe :mrgreen:
Close call with chips and dip!

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:12 pm

Oh my I hope kitty introduction goes well!!! We have 1 dog and 2 cats. The dog occasionally chases the cats even though he was raised with them. :evil: When we first got him, he chased constantly and one of the cats lived outside for a few weeks and I was half-convinced it would never come home. But everybody adjusts eventually. Good job with all the "bedroom safe havens" and gating! I'm sure y'all do great.

I want to get another dog and I can only imagine how disturbed my (now 10 year old) cats would be! :roll:
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8;
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
6/20-22.5; 7/20-23.0; 9/20-23.6
4/21 - 25.2