Buffy The Vampire Slayer Shovelglove

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
catwolf

Buffy The Vampire Slayer Shovelglove

Post by catwolf » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:55 pm

Hey fellow shovelglovers,

I watched way too much TV during my wasted youth (and ditto for my present wasted adulthood), and it's probably safe to say that I have an overactive fantasy life. Yesterday while I was shoveling, I imagined I was digging my way out of a "Hogan's Heroes"-esque WWII POW camp. And today while I was in the shower I thought of a Buffy the Vampire Slayer scenario for some of the beginner's movements:
chopping wood: beheading a vamp
churning butter: staking a vamp
the movement with no name: raising Buffy's crossbow
shoveling: helping Xander clean his room... :wink:

Anyone else got silly, crap-culture SG scenarios they're willing to admit to in public?

Shelley
A pox upon the House of Crunches!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:13 pm

Hi Shelley,

I love it. I've been pretty unimaginative, scenario-wise, of late. I've mostly been listening to audiobooks during shovelglove. Makes it go by too fast, almost. I know it's obnoxiously multi-tasking, but since our baby girl came along, I've got very little time to read, and I need to.

Ariel King

CONGRATS!!!!!

Post by Ariel King » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:24 pm

A baby girl?!?? CONGRATS Reinhard! I am so impressed that you are still keeping up your exercise during what must be a very sleep-deprived time for you. What's her name?

catwolf

Post by catwolf » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:29 pm

Hey Reinhard--

Babies trumps all other activites! Congratulations! I bet she's gorgeous! And I'm with Ariel-- working, working out, running a BB and and being a new dad-- that's a cup that overrunneth.

Shelley

PS how are the cats taking it?
A pox upon the House of Crunches!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:54 am

My wife made me sign an internet non-disclosure agreement: no familial specifics until the relevant parties reach the age of consent (and do). But thanks for the congratulations! I think the terms of the agreement allow me to reveal it's going great.

Samurai

Post by Samurai » Sun May 01, 2005 3:04 am

Catwolf, I love both of the scenarios! I'm going to turn myself into a vampire slayer during tomorrow's session! Awesome!

Reinhard, are the Yahoo archives still available for the scenarios that I came up with, preparing the defenses and manning the walls? I haven't used those in a while so I might be hard pressed to re-create the exact movements for the new board, but the ideas lend themselves well to the creation of movements regardless.
One should not be envious of someone who has prospered by unjust deeds. Nor should he disdain someone who has fallen while adhering to the path of righteousness. - Imagawa Sadayo (1325-1420)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Sun May 01, 2005 11:27 am

Hi Allan,

Of course! This stuff is too good to let distintigrate. I moved the archive to my server. You can find your scenario posts here:

Preparing the defenses:

http://shovelglove.com/group/67.html

Manning the walls:

http://shovelglove.com/group/71.html

The links from the home page have also been updated.

deeyala F

Post by deeyala F » Wed May 04, 2005 5:58 pm

i love the buffy scenario.. simply adore.. it serves my 'too much tv generation" very well
thx for being so innovative
deeyala