Marti's 21 day log

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

allthewaylucky

Marti's 21 day log

Post by allthewaylucky » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:37 am

I've been reading this site for almost a week. I am intruiged by the 21 day club. It doesn't seem so impossible yet is is not an easy task.
I am so inspired by those who have accomplished this mark and are continuing on their journey. :D
I am leaving on Thursday for 10 days with my family. We will go see my husdands family. :? I always feel scrutinized regarding my weight every time I go see them.
It would be great to lose about 25 pounds, 40 would be even better! But we'll start with 25. :D
I would love to become regular on this site, you all seem so supportive
to one another. Thank you for reading. Looking forwarto hearing back.
Tomorrow is day1!

Regards,
Marti

allthewaylucky

Post by allthewaylucky » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:17 pm

So today is my official 21 day beginning. :)
I am pkanning on plentu of water and veggies with each meal. Those are two important elements that I consistently do not get enough of. I feel this will make me feel more empowered in several ways.

I love reading all of your posts. You are all so successful on your journey. There is great support here too! 8)

Marti

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:54 pm

Howdy! I am new too, now on my 5th day of my first 21 (hopefully successful!)

I know what you mean about IL's judging you about your weight. I have put a lot on since I married dh and had 2 kids and so I'm always so uncomfortable there.

Anyway, would love to see you as a regular, the board seems a bit slow right now but hopefully it will pick up. I come here and read back into the archives for inspiration and guidance as well.

:)

allthewaylucky

Post by allthewaylucky » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:55 pm

Thanks for the reply, shamrockmommy! I am glad there is someone who understands the anticipation of the IL's and their expected judgement and gossiping behind our back. I wish I d=felt more comfortable in my own skin. That is my first goal. I don't need to try and please anyone with my weight loss but myself. :wink:
Great job on your 5 days! So far I am done with 2 meals today with success and one more to go! :)
I leave tomorrow for a 10 day trip. It all won't be with in- laws so that is good! I keep posting till departure.
Good luck to you! :D

Marti

allthewaylucky

Post by allthewaylucky » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:43 pm

Yesterday: Failure...
I was great all day but got hungry after dinner and had pizza. I think I ate dinner too early. Someone dropped off some baked goods for our family. I helped myself to a few treats. Yes, I was mad at myself. But today I will begin again. Thank you to all who make this such a safe site.

Marti

deryck

Post by deryck » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:44 pm

The first week was the worst for me, when I got to Friday evening my resolve broke and I had a bag of crisps. Come Monday I was ready to be get back on track with a lot of resolve. Luckly the rest of my transgressions have been minor and controlled. A few 'tastes' have not thrown me off course.

Just don't dwell on the failure, tomorrow get back on the plan.

Good luck.

Deryck

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:39 pm

Just keep going. Sometimes it takes a while to get the hang of this. You have to undo old habits and build new habits, and that doesn't happen overnight.

Kwag Myers

Post by Kwag Myers » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:25 pm

I'm a little late as far as the welcome wagon...you're probably already at your in-laws. But WELCOME nonetheless!

By the time you get back you'll be ready to hit the ground running...
"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time." --James Taylor