Christmas and No S

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Sinnie

Christmas and No S

Post by Sinnie » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:47 pm

Merry (late) Christmas everyone! Hope everyone had a great time. I'm just wondering how you all did in regards to No S. Last Monday I randomly picked up following it strictly again and it was so easy all week, I wondered why I ever lost track with it. I dropped a couple pounds and I'm very proud to say this morning I only gained back 1/2 a pound from the holiday excesses.

I also learned that I enjoy N days much better than S days.

I'm so totally psyched and ready to continue No S and lose some major weight in 2007!

kccc

Post by kccc » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:59 pm

My S days were full-out binges. So much good food that we only have this time of year... And I still tend to overeat on S days anyway (I'm not one who can say "S days are really a lot like N days"... yet.)

However.... even though I ate until my tummy hurt, I didn't mentally beat myself up at the same time. That doesn't sound important, but it really is. Plus, it lasted a limited time period, not from Thanksgiving to New Year's as in previous years.

Today is an N day, and I am glad. :)

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:31 pm

I ate one plate of food at dinner (lunch and breakfast were normal no-s meals), plus an s-day treat of pumpkin pie. It was very satisfying. I didn't feel the desire for more food, even though it was an s-day. This is a good feeling for me!

silverfish

Post by silverfish » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:03 pm

I enjoyed all available Christmas treats for the full four days (though I can't eat quite as much sugar now as once). I hold no expectations, scale-wise, and particularly not for this week, but they actually went down a little. ?? Puzzled, but not complaining! I'm sure it will catch up.

deryck

Post by deryck » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:20 pm

A reasonable amount of food, without bingeing and snacking. I could have ate more, but I am glad I didn't as I feel better for it. Sometimes I have felt so bloated, this time was just right, enough food without feeling force fed.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:58 pm

I enjoyed what was available, but since our celebration is quite small, there's not as much available as when there are more people and more food available. I don't make nearly as many treats as I used to and neither does anyone else.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:22 pm

I haven't weighed myself, but behavior wise, I was stellar. I ate a ton, but limited myself to just one extra S day. And enjoyed an extra long luddite weekend....

(belated) Merry Christmas!

Reinhard

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:44 pm

Our family really goes all out for Christmas. It is a lot of work to make everything from scratch. Every year I feel totally stuffed. But this year I had one plate and I felt full, but not stuffed. And it actually felt good to be comfortable rather than feeling like a pig.
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

silverfish

Post by silverfish » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:32 pm

I think Australians get one more Christmas S-Day than Americans - you don't have Boxing Day on the 26th, do you?

harpista

Post by harpista » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:46 am

silverfish wrote:I think Australians get one more Christmas S-Day than Americans - you don't have Boxing Day on the 26th, do you?
Canadians do! But ours is generally focused on massive clearance sales (Boxing Day and Boxing Week sales are major, major business, as is post-Thanksgiving down in America) and not so much on anything traditional/family/dripping with sugar.
Nulla palma sine pulvere.
'No garland of victory without first the dust of the arena.'

Sometimesians, unite!