Guess what today is??!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

FarmerHal

Guess what today is??!!

Post by FarmerHal » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:00 pm

DAY 21 of my FIRST SET of 21 Days!!!!!!!!

I am so proud of myself! I did it!

Of course today is an S day but it doesn't mean I even want to go overboard with snacking or seconds. Probably a sweet though! ;)

What have I learned?

Food doesn't cover up any feelings. The feelings will still be there. It's easier to acknowledge the feelings and try to move on, without stuffing my body with unnecessary bad foods!

I am feeling better. MUCH less gas and bloating. Fewer trips to the potty. That really was starting to wear on me (TMI sorry lol).

I am a happier person. Even though I do get hungry sometimes, I don't have that battle with constant attention to food, constant grazing and justifying it to myself by saying that I'm "hungry."

It's ok to modify it a bit because of nursing my DD. THis is on thing I'm very proud to be doing for her. :) I take an extra meal as needed and healthy snacks (very rarely though, but I leave the option for myself).

I have also learned about monthly resolutions (Thanks Reinhard!). These make far more sense than nearly unachievable yearly resolutions.

I am no longer sad, depressed and hopeless by day's end. Even DH said I'm happier. I feel happier! I feel free!

:)

It is go to be noSing. Tomorrow starts set 2 of another 21 days :)

-Shamrockmommy

deryck

Post by deryck » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:34 pm

Congratulations on your success!

I know that bloated feeling, mind you I am finding I don't need to eat as much before getting full now. At first I seemed to be constantly opening the fridge and cupboards just to have a look LOL.

I was hungry at first, but that eased after a few days. I noticed it came back after slightly overeating over the 4 days of Christmas. Seems to be OK now though.

JustAnnie

Post by JustAnnie » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:19 pm

HOORAY!!! That's a great achievement. I hope to make it to your mark by the end of the month.

Today is my first "S" day and I'm a bit nervous about it. =0 Post to follow.

Anyway, Congrats. BTW.... has the scale budged for you too?
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:26 am

Thanks guys :)

Annie, the scale went down at least 5 lbs, but I made January's resolution to NOT weigh myself till Feb 1. So I don't know if I'm up or down.

I found that I was weighing myself every morning and if it didn't budge or went up it ruined my entire day. So going to avoid it for now.

I have to admit I'm pretty excited to see if anything happens :)

JustAnnie

Post by JustAnnie » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:48 am

My digital scale's battery died so I CAN'T weigh in until I get it fixed. I think you're right though. Fixating on numbers is NOT a good thing. Feeling better should be the goal.
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying