Joining you starting today

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jammin' Jan

Joining you starting today

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu May 05, 2005 3:09 pm

Hi everyone,

I am beginning this "program" as of today. Actually, it's not so much a program as just a reasonable way to eat for the rest of my life. No more fat-free vegan, no carefully arranged meals with unhealthy snacks (Jorge Cruise), no calorie counting...just eat and enjoy and then quit until the next meal. Wow :D

I am 53, a pastor's wife and homeschool mom. As I look at the way I eat, I see that I just eat too much, especially between meals. Okay, that's done now. Three meals, that's it, except on days that start with an "s".

A couple of years back, I gave up snacks for Lent. It was really difficult at first, but after a while, it was really liberating in a way, because I wasn't always thinking about food. Why didn't I continue that? Habit, I guess. Well, better late than never, and today's a good day to start.

For exercise, most days I do the 8 Minutes in the Morning routines for strength, and then either walk outdoors (my husband and I both use step counters), or I do gazelle indoors when the weather is nasty.

Enough about me. I am looking forward to meeting all of you. Hope everyone has a great No S day :!:

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu May 05, 2005 3:21 pm

Welcome, Jan! It's good you have the experience of giving snacks up for Lent. You know how difficult it is, but also that it can be done. Because as a homeschool mom, I imagine snacks will be by far your biggest temptation. I'm happy to hear about your "8 minutes in the morning" and walking. Sounds similar to what I do with shovelglove and urbanranger.

Keep in mind that once you get over the initial habit building period (which isn't long, if you're strict, my rule of thumb is 3 weeks) it gets quite easy and pleasurable. Looking forward to hearing more from you,
Reinhard