Testimonial

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Too solid flesh

Testimonial

Post by Too solid flesh » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:18 am

I have been No S-ing for nearly a year, and have lost about 45 lbs. No S has been brilliant for me. I gave up conventional dieting years ago, because I could lose a lot of weight but would always put it all (and more) back on again.

No S avoids the pitfall of having to do things perfectly. I can choose the foods I like to eat, and am never very far from an s-day. “I can have chocolate at the weekend” is far more liveable with than, “When I reach my perfect weight, I can have some chocolate”.

The bulletin board has been a great support. It’s very reassuring to see the helpful and sympathetic advice, and to see that other people are dealing with the same problems. I always get hungry in the late afternoons on N days, and reading the comments on the bulletin boards helps me stay on track.

Thank you, Reinhard. Your practical and witty plan has made a big difference to me, and I believe that I will be No S-ing for life.

throwbak42

Post by throwbak42 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:40 pm

That is so great!!!! Testimonials like this really encourage me to keep going. I really admire how u stuck to it. Hopefully i can make a testimonial like yours within a year. Keep it up!!!! Your inspiring.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:17 pm

Congratulations! That's quite an accomplishment. I love it when people manage to lose even more weight than I did on No-s.

Thank you for taking the time to post this testimonial. I'll post this to the main testimonials page as soon as I get a minute later today (just back from vacation and scrambling to catch up on work stuff).

Best of luck going forward and I hope you'll continue to keep us posted,

Reinhard

Too solid flesh

Testimonial

Post by Too solid flesh » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:54 pm

Thank you both. throwbak42, your kind comments made my weekend!

Like all of us, I have good days and bad days. One wonderful thing about No S is that when I fell off the plan for longer than Reinhard recommends over Christmas and the New Year, I was able to get back on the plan again. The initial habit-setting difficult bit took two weeks this time, which is a useful thing to have found out.

With conventional diets, the requirement to do it perfectly, and the guilt when I inevitably failed, meant that I didn't manage to get back on track after a failure. For me, this makes No S uniquely liveable with as a way of eating for life.

I have the zeal of a convert these days! Reinhard, how about a bulk discount when your book is published for those zealots among us who will want to hand out copies to friends?

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:45 pm

Wow-what an achievement!! Congratulations! I love to hear testimonials, especially ones like yours, that show longterm success!

It gives me hope that I can do it too-I have a lot to lose, about 65 lbs, II know it will take awhile, but it will be worth it! Thanks for the encouraging words-I agree, very inspiring!

Hilary

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:43 pm

I just added this to the testimonials page. Sorry for the long delay...

http://nosdiet.com/testimonials.html

Congratulations and thanks again!

Reinhard