Hilary and Tiffani Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

FarmerHal

Hilary and Tiffani Check In

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:11 pm

Ok, here's our checkin page.
Doing well today. No exercise today but that's pretty typical for me. Just trying to get a handle on the eating.

I didn't get to eat all my b'fast because I was running late for an appt this morning. But had a wendy's frescata sandwich (wow yummy!) for lunch and haven't made dinner yet. Thinking about *wanting to snack but I came here to post instead.

I should go poke around and see what I can make for supper.

Hope you had a great day.
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:44 pm

Ok my first check-in, WHOO HOO! LOL-too bad I didn't do so hot yesterday :( oh well, it's still better by far than what I used to do!

I exercised, 30 min on the treadmill at a jog/walk, (yesterday morning). Really good, yah! But then I had a little soda (about 8 oz maybe?) a small brownie, and FOUR (EEEK!) yes FOUR fudge stripe cookies!! And I will 'fess up to a few (very few) fritos after supper too. Sigh.

We went to my Mom's, and she always has chocolate, which is my downfall..and I hadn't had any in at least two days (pathetic, I know!) Sigh. Other than that pretty, I had good day yesterday. I did eat well for my meals-no major junk feasts at least! I am trying to include salad and veggies every evening meal which I didn't before.

Sounds like you did well yesterday! Have a great day today! I will check in later again.

Hilary

I will have to try posting instead of snacking too :o)

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:39 pm

It must be teh day Hilary, because I just ate 2 cookies myself :(

Oh well. Movin' on :)

We also went to mcd's for a playgroup and had the food there, which I don't really care for, but everyone else was having it, so eh, why not.

Best wishes for this evening!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:43 pm

Yesterday was a TOTAL bomb. I was completely a stress eater since I was trying to get piles of laundry and dishes done and still play with children. Needless to say the kids got most of my attention and so did snacking. Ugh.

Today I start anew! How you doing Hilary?
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:37 pm

:oops: well I bombed too-in the eating dept. anyway.. I snacked, and drank the evil SODA. I was really tired and find I want to drink soda like crazy when I'm tired. I at least had healthy meals though.

I got a care package from my dsis (the day before)yesterday (actually a late b-day present) with a book and some magazines and lovely bath soap (it smells like cinnamon buns!! LOL-yum!); so I called her and talked to her for almost an hour. She bikes (not motorcycles, lol), is married w/no kids, and generally has it all together it seems. She has agreed to be my conscience when it comes to exercising. I am going to call her every evening to report my exercise progress. I think it will help me keep it up, because I would NOT want to tell her I skipped my exercise. I would be too embarrassed! That's the plan anyway, we'll see if its effective. 8)

I did get on my treadmill last night for 35 min and did almost 2 miles-yah! So it wasn't a total loss!

how are you doing today? let's cut those snacks out! I know we can do this!!! Less than 24 hrs til an S-DAY-YAH :lol:

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:10 pm

Ack. I had a cookie with lunch today. Crap.

Ok and a sleeve of Ritz.

Ok, MOnday we both totally get it together!!!! :)

Great on your exercise. I do have a treadmill as well but if i get on it, then either baby wakes up or 3 yr old thinks he wants to walk too, ugh.
I can't wait for warm weather so I can get out and walk w/the stroller!

:)

Have a great coupla s days

Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:24 pm

LOL-I hear ya on the treadmill scheduling difficulties :) I usually at least have an audience! Can you maybe do it at night, after they go to bed? Yes I mean when you're ready to collapse too :lol:

Well I think I od'd on sugar this past weekend..too much soda and then DONUTS yesterday..oh well- I didn't waste my S-days, that's for sure!

Okay, so far today (not perfect, I had a tiny bit of soda) I've done pretty good. But it's early yet, isn't it? Hopefully I can do great the rest of the day!

Let's do like Reinhard said-be ridiculously strict till this becomes habit!! I really want to do this, I know we can. I've done it before, I can do it again! You've made it the full 21 days haven't you, at least once? I thought you had-if you can once you can AGAIN :D We can do this!!

8) I feel like a cheerleader, lol.

Hilary

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:01 am

Yes, my first 21 days on the NoS were a success. Since then, I've had day after day of backsliding. BLeh.
Sorry I've abandoned you. Like my post on the general discussion board I'm in a funk.

Tomorrow I try harder.
How're you doing?
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:07 pm

Don't feel bad! I have done the SAME thing :oops: My family went to a b-day party for my dh's cousin (a 7 yr old boy, lol) and EVERYONE in my family got sick..5 out of 6 anyway, so far I haven't gotten it-the flu /severe cold or whatever it is. DH is home sick today. I have dealt with it by eating sweets/drinking soda! VERY BAD!!

I have been working out, did good the first couple of wks, then last wk I flaked out and only worked out one day. I did a mini workout last night, not much, but better than nothing I guess.

As far as eating, well, let's just say I just now finished eating TWO bavarian cream donuts :roll: Sigh... I really want to do this, but I don't do well with stress-it makes me want to EAT (junk, thank you, not healthy!!)

I thought I was deserting you-not intentionally, but I haven't been on at all since everyone got this bug.

Anyway, should we renew our conviction? Start again right now? I say we should-I hope you will too! It's easier knowing I'm not the only one who struggles w/ this.

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:42 pm

Well, hooray!! I made it till lunch with NO snacking :D :D :D

I just ate a yummy lunch..homemade meatloaf sandwich on whole wheat, with fritos (reasonable portion) and ice water. I might have an apple in a minute for "dessert".

How're you doing?

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Doing good!! :) Right now I'm fighting the urge to snack pretty badly, but I can eat in an hour or so for supper so I'm doing ok.

For lunch I had chickfila nuggets and fries and I got an ice water :)

Then my neighbor and her little granddaughter met us at a playground an the kids played for an hour. Good fun. I really like my neighbor so far.

Still doing ok, Hilary? This may be my first green day in a long time!

Talk soon!
Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:51 pm

It's 20 til 4 and i haven't snacked and i am HUNGRY but determined!! We eat about 6 pm or so, and I feel some big glasses of water coming on to fill me up :)

Sounds like you and the kids had some fun -good!! I kinda laid around all day
and feel a little blah. It;s cloudy and I have the slug feeling-yuk!

But I will do this! We will both have a green day! Did you get colored stickers for you calendar? I have some stars in colors and I will enjoy finally putting one on my calendar tonight :lol:

hang in there!!

Hilary

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:21 am

How'dja do tonight?

I did good! I don't' know if you count the 4 teddy grahams that ds 'cooked' on his kitchen for me lol this afternoon as a snack but I think I was otherwise SUCCESSFUL!!

Yay!

Supper was chicken breast with spiral noodles and roasted asparagus. Pretty yummy. Oh and soy milk of course.

I feel pretty good today. I ALWAYS appreciate the reduced gassiness that comes with eating less throughout the day. ANd I don't feel all irritable either.

Should I count this as day one then?
Hope you did ok Hilary!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:35 am

YAH!! we MADE IT!!

I did well too-and no I don't think a special gourmet teddy graham snack cooked by your little man should count :lol: how cute is that!!

Supper was broccoli,beef sausage mixed with macaroni and cheese and two small slices of (thin) whole wheat french bread.

No snacks and no SODA :D I even did 30 min on the treadmill, woohoo!

Our first GREEN SUCCESS day!

we should pat ourselves on the back, and repeat tomorrow! g'night!

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:35 pm

Yay us!! :) We did it!

You know, Hilary, it helped a TON yesterday knowing I would have you to check in with at every meal time or even when I was wanting to snack.. :) We should definitely keep this up.

Breakfast was frosted flakes (bleh, but someone needs to eat them up) a mini bagel and a soy milk.
I plan to make some decaf coffee to get me through the morning, probably around 9 or so.

I don't know if you like eggs or not, but I made breakfast burritos the other day, 2 eggs, whipped with a Mrs. Dash blend (there are several, I think I have all of them for flavoring eggs, veggies, etc). Then in a smal non stick fry pan I make a little omelet with some bacos and cheese (just a small amount) then wrap up in a flavored wrap, they have like sundried tomato or garden spinach, etc. Turns out really good! Plus the protein seems to hold me pretty well.

I know I'll be fighting hunger this morning with the frosted flakes. All that sugar only makes me hungrier. DS wanted them once when we went grocery shopping and of course he doesn't like them. Ah well.

Hope your breakfast went well. Remember, we can do this- and hey, great job on the treadmill yesterday!! I didn't get much physical exercise yesterday but I did wander around a playground with ds some. :)

Oh and today is mine and dh's 11th anniversary!! :)
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:43 pm

Lunch was Wendy's small burger combo with ice water. I was hassled again about a soda being included lol. Geez.

Doing good. I feel like I want to snack but I'll have a nice hot coffee waiting for me to make me feel full.

Hope you're doing ok today!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:00 pm

you are doing so well!! and those breakfast burritos sound yummy! I find I need protein to keep me full, too. I had 2 blueberry muffins(homemade, so they were whole wheat and lower sugar) with a half a meatloaf sandwich, to keep me full. The muffins by themselves would NOT have held me till lunch. I made it tho!

Lunch was two small bean and cheese chalupas, and one blueberry mini muffin (from the morning batch). Chalupas are yummy! But they aren't terribly filling and now I'm getting kinda hungry. Btw, your lunch sounded good too :D I can tell I'm a bit hungry!

I haven't figured out supper yet-but I am feeling pretty good, I don't feel like cheating!

I don't like coffee (even with sugar) and tea I can handle if it has sugar...sigh.. I'll just have to try and fill up on water I guess, but I wish it had some flavor sometimes!

I think this is helping me too! I am glad to have you to check-in with-it makes it much easier to "just say NO!" to es-ing :D

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:44 am

Glad to hear you day has gone well. Everytime I thought about snacking today I thought about you and held off!! :)

Another successful day for me here. DH and the kids and I went to an italian place for our anniversary and just had about half of what was on the plate. They always bring out OBSCENE amounts of food!

Got a good look in the mirror tonight after my shower. Bleh. I"m like a blob. I have fat rolls on my stomack (have the abdomen hangover) and my back has a big blob roll and under my arms and my butt and thighs are enormous. If I choose to ignore this, they're only going to grow. If I choose to keep noSing and stick with it and be stubborn about the rules, then maybe I can be rid of all this.

I have about 60lbs to lose, which is like 2 of those big bags of dog food! Yowza!
So I have a long way to go. Hopefully we will keep doing this together, it has helped a bunch.

DD's crying for me, Talk soon!!
See you here tomorrow for another NoS day!
Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:41 pm

Happy Anniversary!! Yum, Italian sounds wonderful- we had chicken cacciatore last night, so I guess we were in sync, LOL 8)

I know what you mean about looking in the mirror-it's not my favorite thing to do! I have about the same amount to lose. I am 5'1.5" tall and weigh 172. UGH. It looks particularly bad when you're extremely short too :roll:

I made it through yesterday, no snacking, yeah!! I

Lets do it again today!! We can do this!!

hilary

ps TGIF LOL :D

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:59 pm

Doing good today on Friday also.

This is helping me SO much to have you to check in with.

Just a note talking to mom on the phone.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:24 pm

Glad to hear your doing well!

Today is a mini S-day for me-it's my Dad's birthday, so we went to lunch with Dad and Mom and I had a VERY tiny piece of cake (yummy!) and some Coke, but not very much, maybe 8 oz. The cake was about 5" long by 2.5" wide by 3/8" thick, if that. And I won't have any other s'es today.

I am finding this so much easier too, having you to check in with, Tiffani! It's easier to stick with knowing you're doing it with me, and I don't want to let you down :)

It's about 2:15pm now so we're into the hard part of the day for me-the afternoon! I should exercise and get it over with (already I hear cries of protest in the back of my head, LOL!)

Hope you're doing great!

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:05 am

Yay, we're doing so well together! I feel the same way, I don't want to let you down either!

Had another successful day today (oorah! Tomorrow is an S day!!!!)

This is going pretty well. I did get in about 20 minutes of walking today. It was gorgeous outside, 65degrees. We have been freezing for forever it seems so was really nice to get us all out of the house.

Have a great weekend if I don't hear from you, see ya Monday!! :)

Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:33 am

hoorah!! I made it through friday night w/ NO-ES'S!!!! YAH! well except the teeny tiny b-day treat at lunch :D

I have even been reasonable w/ my s's today-had some soda, but not to excess; pancakes for breakfast, bean burger (small) with some fries for lunch,(and couldn't finish it all!), almost two small pieces of DiGiorno pizza for supper, and I'm having a Margarita-my DH was a bartender when we met, so he makes 'em GOOD, LOL. Every now and then I have one, but I'm not much of a drinker really,

How's you're weekend going? I am LOVING this.. Thanks so much for being there for me, it is such a big help-see ya Monday if not before! Have a GREAT weekend 8)

Hilary

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:17 pm

Having a good weekend here too. Yesterday (sat) we went out and had a double dip waffle cone ice cream :) Wow. I didn't finish it- the german chocolate cake with caramel ice cream scoop was just waaaaaay too rich! So I thoroughly enjoyed my S day! I did snack some on crackers, which is totally my weakness, especially those wheatables by keebler. There's just something about the texture and the taste that I love. Anyway, I didn't go overboard and no seconds at all of anything- I am glad that has stuck with me. I don't like that over-bloated feeling of eating too much.

I am making sure I fill my plates still so that I get enough with dd still nursing. She's starting to take solids now, but just at supper. She loves supper time. So curious about what we are eating and drinking, and so she reaches out and is grabbing at my cup and spoon :) I'm sure you know about that with your 4 kiddos.

Just a quick note, I have a huge pile of laundry to get done. Ugh!

I am LOVING that we are doing our check-in together. Really holding me accountable :)
Talk soon!
Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 pm

Good Morning, Tiffani!

Well I just had my breakfast; two (beef) chorizo and egg tacos, and a key-lime yogurt (yum!). That's a bigger breakfast than I usually eat but I want to make sure I make it till lunch!

Yesterday evening, my tummy was hurting and I told my DH I'd be glad to get back to the regular meals!

I can't believe I said that but I was not pleased with the way I felt after eating a lot of snacks/junk yesterday. Now I can actually see why people sometimes say they look FORWARD to Monday after their S-Days!! :shock:

Who knew? :lol:

BTW, I am not going to weigh myself until I've done the full 21 days; I tend to get discouraged by the scale, so I am going to nip that in the bud by not getting on. I want to judge instead by Days on Habit (as Reinhard puts it) and by the way I feel and how my clothes are fitting. I may take measurements at the end of 21 days too.
I think I read somewhere that Reinhard took something like 2 years to lose the forty pounds he lost. Six months for the first 20, then a year and a half for the next twenty. I find that encouraging actually; if it took him that long then it's ok if it takes me awhile too!

Anyway I hope you're doing well today!

I want to get out and start some type of gardening. That keeps me busy and it's easier not to want to snack! What part of the country do you live in? I live in the Texas hill country. It's warming up during the day here, but it's still quite chilly at night.

See ya after lunch!

hilary

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:30 pm

I'm doing good this morning, so far. I am out of eggs, so I didn't get to make my egg burrito, but I did have cheerios and a pbj sandwich with decaf coffee/creamer. I lurve me some coffee :)

Yesterday we made cheesecake (instant Jello). Man, that's so good! I had 1/4 of the pie :oops: but I wanted to really make my S day count, since I plan to have 5 successful N days! I also ate a bunch of crackers Sunday (my complete weakness!).

Back on track.

I know what you mean about feeling good to be back on track and out of your S days. I tend to overload on S days and then I'm all bloaty and gassy. Bleh.

I'm in Maryland. I like to garden as well. SInce we're renting this house, I'm thinking about doing planted pot gardens- maybe those half whiskey barrels. Definitely tomatoes, maybe cucumbers, an herb assortment, maybe squash, etc. I realize the viney ones are going to spill over onto the ground and continue growing. I can get some straw to lay them on once they are growing OR I can train the vine to a tomato cage as well. Hmm, maybe play with some brocolli, asparagus, pole beans? Maybe sweet corn? Though I dont' know if they'll like containers to grow in.

I also love melons. Strawberries- although I think it takes a couple years for the strawberry mound to mature and actually fruit out.

What are you thinking of planting?
We had a couple of really nice days in the 50's but down back to 30s/40s now. I think it's about average. We just moved up here from Oklahoma in November.

Ok, got to get 3 loads of laundry done! Lunch is in 90 minutes, I can definitely make it till then :)

Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:23 pm

I am not sure what to plant, yet. I love to garden, but I'm not very good at it! We have always rented, too-this is the first house we've bought and we haven't even lived here a year yet :)

I have planted some Lantana, and Plumbago, both flowering shrubs that are difficult to kill (especially lantana!) which did very well last summer and fall, but now need to be pruned.

I would like to do a small salad and herb garden first. I want tomatoes, spinach, peppers (green) and would love some romaine and garlic as well. Maybe some rosemary. So far I have killed every tomato plant I've ever had!! I want to do Romas and maybe some of those new grape tomatoes. Oh and strawberries do sound wonderful. Cantaloupe too! I think the beans would do well in containers; I don't know about corn, but it couldn't hurt to try!

We are fortunate to have over 4 acres (mostly covered with cedar-not the nice kind, the weedy, yucky, Texas kind!). I love it(the 4 acres, that is!), but its a big blank slate and it's hard to know where to start! Plus the budget is limited-which is probably a good thing, seeing as I would surely go overboard otherwise, LOL!

I am hungry already and its barely 10am-I know we can do it though! I am going to drink some water to hold me over.

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:14 pm

I had a bigish lunch. Gah! I hate MOndays. After eating myself silly it's hard for my body to reset itself I guess and get used to having to wait between meals.

I had about 3/4 bag of those skillet meals (for 2) and shared the rest with my ds. Then I had 2 minibagels with butter and a soy milk. Enormous I guess but i sit here feeling hungry still. Bleh. May have tomake some coffee to take the edge off. it's only 1:15 here so I have a long ways to go till 6~

I can do this! We can make it :) We can sure try anyway lol.

I think also I'm going to plant some potted flowers out front on the steps. I love periwinkles (vincas).

I'll check back in later.
Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:19 pm

yep, I'm starvin' too!! I haven't actually had lunch though. I'm about to-bean and cheese quesadillas, and I hope it's enough. I feel like I could eat a horse...lol...well not literally :shock: LOL

Yes, we CAN do this!!

Periwinkles sound beautiful! I love potted flowers on steps. My steps are teeny at the moment-we haven't had the funds to add a deck/porch yet. Can't wait!

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:39 am

Another successful day (a smiley face on my calendar!!)

Brushed and flossed my teeth so I'm good to go. Got my ice water by my side.

I don't feel hungry, don't feel stuffed. Just feel fine.

Hope your evening went as well, Hilary :)

Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:12 pm

My night went well-no snacking at all, hooray! I had an ice water to keep me on track too :)

I need to get the laundry started, then I'll eat breakfast. Probably egg and potato tacos and yogurt or something like that.

I am enjoying actually being really hungry for my meals-as opposed to just eating because its "time"!

I need to put my stickers up also-I have little shiny stars 8)

Hilary

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:42 pm

This morning has gone pretty well. I am having the rest of my oatmeal that I didn't get to finish before I took dd to the clinic for her shots (yet another long, aggrivating story BLEH!!). I'm crrrrabby after what the nurse said to me.

So I"ll finish this oatmeal and drink water or maybe I shoudl make my decaf :) That might cheer me up! Lunch is not far off!

Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:28 pm

UGH -shots-I hate that! I know the docs used to say things that irritated me too. My dd was born 16 wks early (Thank God she's fine now!) so we had to visit the doctors a lot, not to mention the 7 week stay she had in the hospital...needless to say I'm glad that's over :roll:

We can make it till lunch anyway :D it's not far now! And have the coffee if it'll help, LOL!

Hilary

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:08 am

so how are you doing today? I have made it through, no-esin'!

Just finished supper, asian beef and rice. My kids actually liked it-except for Grace, my 3yrold :roll: Oh well 3 out of four ain't bad -LOL!

Hope things are good with you, and your day got better!

Hilary

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:56 am

Another successful noS day :)

I tell ya, Hilary, it helps SO much to have you to think about, we're in this together- and I dont' want to let my partner down :)

I"m dorky LOL

ANyway, had a good day. Supper was OUTSTANDINGLY delicious. Every once in a while I do something very tasty.

I was grocery shopping today when a nice lady came up to the bell pepper section where I honestly was going to pass up. SHe told me to try stuffed peppers with turkey, herbs and rice. Well I was already planning a nice roast so I went with portabella mushrooms in place of the meat. I sauteed in olive oil 1/4 onion, parsley, celery, mushrooms, salt, pepper. Then cooked and added rice to it. OMG. Yum! I stuffed in the red peppers and set them up in a pan with wax paper around them to keep them upright.

Roasts I like to do in a roasting pan, so I sauteed celery,onion, garlic and parsley in olive oil in the pan, then seared the roast and poured 2 cans beef broth over it. salt/pepper. I like to do 'em low 'n' slow, so 300 degrees for at least 3hrs. The peppers I popped in for the last 2 hrs.

Wow. SO good. The peppers were so sweet and the flavors all intermingled and complemented each other.

I did some pillbury rolls also. Wow. Did I mention it was so good? The beef pretty much melted in your mouth.

I LOVE food! lol

Yes, a very flavorful and good N day here for sure.
ONly 3 more to go to our S days!

Good job Us !!!

Ok, I'm a dork lol.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:33 pm

So far so good this afternoon, how are you doing?

B'fast was an egg burrito with some of that leftover mushroom stuffing. Man, that was good too! Plus a homemade banana nut muffin. Good stuff. And soy milk.

Lunch was leftover roast beef sandwich with a good bit of baby carrots and an apple with cheese slices (about 3 servings of cheddar I'd say). It was good and has actually held me very well up till now (it's 4:30pm).

Not sure when dh will be home, he is travelling for work today. Bleh. Dinner I was going to make salmon with something. Maybe couscous. I love that stuff too.

Hope your day went well. DS is SLEEPING since 1:40 this afternoon! I say let sleeping boys sleep lol. DD is playing and scootching around and the dogs are bugging me to make their dinner :)

Talk soon
Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:46 pm

Wow! Sounds like you had a great day!!-and the roastbeef/stuffed peppers sound delicious, YUM!

I had a good day both Wednesday and the rest of Tuesday. My meals weren't half as good tho!

Maybe I should take cooking lessons :) I can cook but I don't love it some days (ok, most days!) I made some Beefy Asian rice on Tuesday, and I was shocked to see 3 out of four kids LOVED it. Gracie never eats anything different-she's the only one of my kids who does this. She cries and looks so pathetic. She gagged the other night. Its enough to give me a complex, LOL. She has certain things she likes (mostly good healthy stuff) but she won't eat anything different. She wasn't like this before-I think we let her get away with it, that's why, but she is SOOOO pathetic when she doesn't want to eat something.

Anyway, maybe that's why I don't enjoy cooking a lot of days. I know there's going to be at least one dissenting voice in the crowd, LOL! I do like to bake, however-bread and muffins, cookies and stuff. But the cookies have to wait til the weekend!

Well I haven't eaten anything today yet-I will probably have a taco and yogurt for breakfast, like yesterday.

Let's make it another successful day :D I have to agree, I can't believe how much it's helping to have a partner to check in with-it makes me want to be good!! And it is definitely keeping me on track!

Hilary

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:24 pm

G'Morning.

Yesterday went well. I woke up hungry some time in the wee hours, but i was also nursing dd who is SUCH a bear from her shots. I was dreaming about food, and eating with Donald Duck LOL :lol:

Most of my food education has come from Alton Brown on Good Eats, no kidding! lol And Rachel Ray too.

this morning's b'fast wasn't terribly exciting. Homemade granola cereal wiht banana and homemade banana nut muffin and 3 little sausage links.
I'll be making the coffee shortly, seems like I need that as a crutch to get through, but whatever works I guess . Today we're going to the library for storytime at 10:30. Noah either likes it or hates it.

I'll check back this afternoon, par'dner :)

Yes, I'm a dork.

Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:52 pm

No WAY, you have a son named Noah?? LOL, my six year old is Noah too :D

You have great taste in names :lol:

The library is a good idea. Maybe I'll take the kids today too, they love that!

Your breakfast sounds yummy too...I need to EAT I guess, hehe. I will have some sausage with my taco and yogurt too.

You know what, I *LOVE* Alton Brown and Rachel Ray too! We don't have cable now though so I don't get to see them much. My boy's even love to watch Alton-it's great that he's educational as well as a great chef. My kids favorite was the Donut show-lol-Dh said he was going to make homemade donuts for them. That was two years ago. We're still waiting :lol:

I am going to eat before i start chewing on the keyboard 8)

hil

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:25 am

A good day overall. I'm feeling hungry even after supper but I guess it will have to wait till morning. I"ve given myself permission to have an apple tonight if it gets pretty bad so I'm not waking up starving.

ONE MORE DAY HIL!!!!!

Been planning Noah's b'day party (on the 17th) going to be a lot of fun.

All right, Evoli needs me,
Talk soon
Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:54 pm

I finished out yesterday well too. I am glad its Friday!!!

I had an egg and bacon sandwich on homemade whole wheat, and am having my yogurt now.

Friday night's are hard for me, I always want to snack!! I want to stay on habit though, so I know we can do it!

hilary

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:41 pm

How are you doing tonight? I thought about you this afternoon. I drove by a McD's and thought it would be sooooo easy to just drive through and get a mcflurry. BUT I did NOT because I would let you down. We're in this together, which is helping me so much!

Lunch was chik-fil-a since we were at a playgroup.
Supper was yummy. Szchecuan chicken and vegetables served over spagetti squash. Good stuff. Like lots!

I am SO glad it's friday! TGIF has a whole new meaning to me now lol.

We have cheesecake leftover from last sunday, I hope it's still good. I want some frosting too, maybe sunday I'll make something that needs frosting.

Having a good time 'playing' with food, with seasonings and such. DH has started noSing also. Although I personally don't think he has much more than 10lbs to lose. I don't want him to be stick thin again. He used to wear a size 29 jeans and a small shirt! Ack!
At least now hes in a medium shirt and 33 jeans.

Anyway. Weighed myself this am. Down 3 pounds to 233 from 236.5 on day one.

Talk soon.

Have a great weekend if I don't hear from you.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:27 pm

You are down THREE pounds ?!!!!? that is GREAT!!!! I took the batteries out of my digital scale and I refuse to get on until March 21 (when we've finished our first 21 days!) I don't think I've lost any though. :roll: I've had a bit of a tummy ache since last night.

I am proud of you for passing up Mcd's!!I love their McFlurries too :) I am glad I live in the boonies now and don't have McD's tempting me very often, LOL!

I also passed up having a soda with supper last night because I didn't want to let you down!! I was going to, I could almost taste it! You'd be proud, I had ice water instead. I tell ya, I can't believe how much it helps knowing I am doing this with you!! It's somehow easier to pass up temptation when I know I have to be strong so we can conquer this together!

I am GLAD its Saturday :D I already had 2 cream filled donuts (man I love those) and a little soda. Plus some real food too :lol:

The cool thing is I didn't want anymore donuts after that-normally I get the creme filled for DH too, but I usually want to eat at least one of his after I have mine-how bad is THAT?! Today I really don't want any more at all, kinda makes me think YUCK, no more, no way :shock: I love NO S :D

My DH should do nos also, but so far he hasn't- I won't push him, I know for me if I get pushed I usually stubbornly do the exact opposite of whatever it is! He is 6'2" and when we got married he had a 29" waist- WAY too skinny for a man his height..he's not even close to that now, but I don't ever want him to be that skinny again! It's nice though that your hubby is doing it with you! At least you don't have to watch him eat ICE CREAM in front of you in the evenings like my DH does !! LOL

Have a GREAT weekend, Tiff!!

Hilary

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:00 pm

Sounds like you are doing great this weekend so far.
I'm like you with the donuts. I wonder what it is in our bodies that changes when we do the noS that we can onlyhandle so much sweet stuff. I made cinnamon rolls yesterday for breakfast, with cream cheese icing. OMG so good! I ate 2 and after the 2nd one I felt so gross. Just bleh. Kindof nauseas but then my heart got sortof racing. I was regretting eating that second one.

We had steak for supper, I could've eaten 2 of those, they were tasty. And hten finished my 1/4 of the cheesecake from last week. It was a ridiculous amount, didn't taste all that great and I had that same sweet sickly feeling as I did in the morning. Told dh I would've rather had another steak!
My new favorite sweet is those frozen pure-fruit popcicles> they're all fruit, just ground up and made into a popcicle. They are so sweet and yummy and only 25 calories. I plan to ask Reinhard if it would count as a "sweet" during the week, or if it could pass as a fruit. Originally got them for Noah so that he'd think he was getting a special treat- only they're great for him :) NO sugar, just fruit.

Today going to try to take it easy on the extra S's today.

I know we both keep saying it, but it has helped me beyond belief to have a NoS buddy!! I have you going through the same thing, feeling the same hunger pains or boredom, etc, yet I can just think of you and know that we are doing this together, it helps SO much!

Well we are going to buy Noah a full sized bed today. He turns 3 next Saturday and he's just about too long for the toddler bed he has. It's one of those race car beds. He also winds up sideways hanging off the side of his bed and he kicks the sides, which are hard plastic and ends up with bruised legs or hurt toes. I keep thinking he doesn't really need a bigger bed yet, but I know when DH starts suggesting it, it's time LOL!

I'm pretty excited myself, get to help him pick out a bedspread and sheets and such :)

Talk soon, have a great S day!!
Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:24 pm

Hi!

How are you doing today? It's Monday, bleh! I think I have the Monday blues.

How did your bed-hunting go?

I am trudging through, but I think I need an attitude adjustment. I am feeling really lonely today; I have *no* friends (well, any that call or do anything with anyway, and thats the kind that count, right?!) other than DH of course, who is my best friend. And I am a grumpy mama when I am down, too-which just makes me feel worse, naturally.

I want to walk outside, but we live in a rural area, and that means most people have BIG dogs (rottweilers, pitbulls, over-sized german shepherds and chows, that kind of dog! not that they're all bad, I am just a chicken). And you never know if they're tied up or not. Some days they might be and other days they're not. It's risky business, I tell ya!

I took the kids to the library earlier; they had fun, they love the library. My little one, Grace, *LOVES* it, but she is all over the place and screams when it's time to go! :roll:

I am debating whether to post this or not. I don't usually stay bummed long, thankfully. But sometimes it's hard to keep it in, you know? I hope you don't mind.

I have done well today, no-esing at least. I will admit, after the library I had a teeny weeny glass of dr pepper; about 4 ounces (50 calories). My stress level was through the roof! A combination of my mood and my DD running continuously through the library, no doubt.

I will not cheat anymore today or go on a downhill slide into a (c)ess-pool (LOL) Don't cheat because of me!! I will not cheat again, we are going to do this! I haven't had any lunch because my stomach was hurting earlier, so I will probably just skip it and eat at supper. It's after 3 already. If I feel like I'm going to pass out I'll have some juice or water. I'm sure I'll be fine though. I'm not even hungry now, and that is shocking.

You know it's weird that I feel this way today-yesterday I felt FANTASTIC! I got out of bed without any aches or pains, and was ready to go! I (literally) haven't felt that good in years. It was wonderful. I think it's the exercises I have been doing. They are very simple (not easy, but simple) bodyweight exercises that help with flexibility too. I didn't do any this morning, so I will have to do them tonight. Maybe I am bummed that I don't think I've lost any weight yet?

I sure hope this post doesn't drag you down! I am not going to let it drag me down (this little pity party of mine, :oops: ) I will feel better before the end of the day I know.

Are you having a good day? I hope so!!!! It is so nice to have someone to talk to who understands (really understands, ya know?)

My next post will be VERY upbeat :mrgreen:

LOL.

Hil

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:07 pm

I'm so sorry you are having a down day. I wouldn't worry about your sip of Dr.P. It was just a sip and you're past that now anyway and back on track.

I think our bodies are thanking us! Our pancreas's aren't working so hard from all day long eating. And we're not digesting all day long either.

I would like to exercise more, I'm so glad your body is feeling better from exercising. I know what you mean about big dogs. I like little dogs myself, and although I've assisted in obedience and agility classes and done dog shows and such, I'm still afraid of most large dogs myself. It definitely sucks that you can't get out and walk for fear of some dog plowing into you!

I have a treadmill, so NO excuse. I am just not a big exerciser unless I'm outdoors. Plus I feel like such a moose, I'm embarrassed to schlep my lard around LOL!
Ate well today. Took Noah to the park w/my friend and her daughter. I only have 2 friends here, we moved here in Nov. and so they're not very close. I miss my friends in OK. I met them at a craft show, they were saying how cute my kids were and I said I need a playgroup to join!

Anyway, I am glad you posted how you are feeling today. I'm sure I'll have a crappy day- sooner than later- and want to vent about it as well.
Sorry so quick. Evoli wants to have some milky :)

Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:26 pm

Hi!

Thanks for the support :) I felt better later, just as I thought. I ended up having a couple more sips (real sips, not a four ounce glass) of soda, but no lunch at all, so I figure I actually ended up with less calories than usual. Not that I'm counting or anything! :lol:

I've had a yogurt/fruit shake so far; I need to finish my breakfast, and have some eggs. If I don't eat protein w/ breakfast I would never make it till lunch.

It's getting easier to not want snacks after supper. The first week it was really hard, but the no snack part is getting easier and easier. And I never really went for seconds anyway. Is it getting any easier for you, do you think? The hardest thing for me is no sweets. I don't usually have that many around the house but I make great cookies. :mrgreen: I haven't made any in a long time, so I wouldn't be overly tempted, but I sure miss them. Still it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Well, except for the soda anyway. But I will not have even a sip today!

I did do my exercises last night. They don't take very long so I can usually convince myself to do them :D

Hope you're having a great day so far!

Talk to you after lunch 8)

Hil

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:50 pm

Doing good so far today. But I"m grumpy! Just not sleeping very well with dd waking to nurse so many times a night yet. Bleh. I feel like crap and then the whole exercise idea goes right out the window unfortunately.

I think noSing is getting easier. I really like to snack between b'fast/lunch and lunch/dinner. Nightime was only a dessert and no snacks so that's getting better also.

THINK of how many calories I was chowing down! Yowza.
I saw a pic of me w/my family at Christmas. I was "trying" to look thinner in the photo and I'm just a big ol' tub of... well, you get the idea.
Sorry now I'm all crabby today LOL. But I'll feel better soon I"m sure. Just need to wake up.

If it's not too windy out I'll take the kids in the stroller and walk. DD is so grumpy today, I think she's teething or something. Nothing I do makes her happy so far. Bleh.

B'fast was an egg burrito and meusli cereal with a milk and a small yogurt. Probably once dd weans I will cut back on the amount of food I eat.

Well dd's crying a g a i n, so I'll check back with you after lunch.

AND I did consider grabbing a sleeve of Ritz but then I thought of you :)

Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:30 pm

:(

Oh no, we're switching off bad days! :roll: Well it's better than having them the same day, right?

It's pouring outside here, and my mud field (no grass yet, just dirt) is really depressing. It's making rivers of muck and my dog (1/2 golden retriever/1/2 rott -see, big country dog who wandered over from the neighbors and adopted us, lol) LOVES to play in the mud. I am not so hot for mud, and with 3 boys 12 and under, and a big ol' puppy, well, let's just say its not pretty :roll: Sigh. Oh well.

I am proud of you for passing up the ritz!! I love those, btw! I don't buy them often because of that, LOL.

I hope you can sneak in a little nap somewhere-I know its hard but it would help a lot I bet! I know what it's like to be sleepless from cranky little ones, BELIEVE ME. It sucks!! Have a glass of milk or juice if it will help-that's not cheating!

Be strong- we can do this!!

Hilary

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:55 pm

I am doing pretty good. I got out my coffee (decaf as always) now so I can make it to supper time.
I ended up meeting dh at the park for lunch and for Noah to play and turns out my playgroup friend was there too! We let the kids play for a good long time, so now at least noah is tired out and a bit calmer.

I am grumpy quite often LOL.

Oh, my friend from teh playground? She said she'd be willing to meet up and start jogging with me. Seems like I need a buddy for everything, eh? So I am now looking for a 2 seater jogging stroller. I told her I'd give her my single jogger.

I was thinking to myself yesterday. Say we lose 4lbs a month for the rest of the year, that would be 40 pounds! I'd be UNDER 200. That'd be cool.

Not to get my hopes up LOL.

Ok, got to run, talk later.
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:31 am

That would be really great if you can go jogging with your friend!

Don't feel bad-I would much prefer a friend to go jogging with too :) The treadmill is excruciatingly dull.

We had a good supper; homemade potato chowder, homemade rolls and muffins. I didn't get a muffin though. Darn it if I didn't get too full first! :roll: At least I've gotten to the point where I'd rather skip it than be uncomfortably full!

Yes, that would be VERY cool if we could lose four lbs a month...I'd be MUCH closer to my goal, that's for sure!! Of course I'd like it to be faster...but slow is better in the long run, I know.

I am grumpy frequently myself :lol: I try and pretend I'm not-sometimes it helps, LOL.

Have a good night!

Hilary

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:38 pm

Had a really nice morning, overall. Met a friend for a picnic lunch at the playground and let the kiddos play for 1.5 hrs. Noah's a wreck though, he's so tired and doesn't nap. Hopefully he'll crash after his bath tonight.
I had a sandwich, some crackers, baby carrots, frusion, water. Was all yummy.

I am hungry now though. But it's 3:30, and I can make it another couple hours. I'll have some soy milk in a bit I think.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:40 pm

4:30pm here...I managed to get through the day without essing but it was hard (IS hard!). I took a nap to get through the urge, LOL.

Not much longer till supper though!

I'm glad you had such a nice day! Our weather's been nasty, rainy and foggy, but it's clearing up now. It's supposed to get up to 80 today!! Its sure to be nice and STICKY=yuck! LOL.

Gracie didn't nap yesterday, but she did today, thank the Lord! She's so much sweeter when she's had her rest-just like Mama!

I'll check in again later! I have to figure out what's for dinner-nothing like last minute meal planning :roll:

hil

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:11 am

Lucky you with the nap!! I wonder sometimes if I just turned everything off and laid down with the baby and had ds chill out on his bed if we'd all get an afternoon siesta. Worth a try maybe tomorrow.

I am pooped! Had a great time at the park and since it was so nice out, we played in the back yard. Poor Evoli was so tired, she hardly gets a decent nap anymore since Noah is so noisy and also she is interested in everything around her.

Dinner was good. Grilled chicken with pasta with pesto and canned carrots (bleh! but I was in a hurry). Soy milk and an orange as well.

I'm hungry today, but hey- tomorrow's thursday and then only 2 more N days!! PLUS Saturday I get cake!! :) lol

Psyching myself up here!

You know, I just want to thank you for being here for me. I hardly know you, but you are making an incredible difference for me to change my life by just being here :) in it together with me!

Talk soon! Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:37 am

Ohmygoodness, I'm blushing :D thanks for the sweet words!! btw, DITTO!!! I know I wouldn't be doing so well without you there for me. I probably would've given up already! It especially makes me smile when you have a good day!

I am already dreaming of a homemade Texas sheet cake this weekend :lol: It's in the BH&G's cookbook (Cake section) if you have it-ToDieFor!! yummy yummy..now I need to pick up some vanilla ice cream to go with it! And I think I'll make cinnamon rolls-well the dough anyway!- in my bread machine ( I love that thing!!) .

I better slow down-I'm starting to drool :lol:

two more days-we can do it!!

Oh, I highly recommend squeezing in a nap if you can manage it. Even a light (barely asleep) nap helps. It would be great to sleep with your little one, Evoli (cool name!). I can trust my kids to stay in the house and keep out of too much trouble, and if Noah can handle it, go for it! I would tell mine, "it's quiet time!" That means they play with quiet toys, books, color, do puzzles, something like that, in their rooms or on their beds, while Mama rests. You deserve it! You could even give him a clock and set what ever time limit seems good. Then he would know its not forever, LOL.

I better go! Gotta spend some time with my hubby 8)

Hilary

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:11 pm

Morning's going good so far. Had 3 sausage links, an egg burrito and a bowl of muesli. oh and soy milk.

Today going good so far.
Got laundry going and last night's dishes done (I HATE dishes!!)

Thinking about going to the library today, not sure if I will go... it's in an hour and I actually got Evoli down for a nap a few minutes ago, so I am NOT waking her anymore. She's just a sleepless wreck lately, poor thing.

I'll have to lookin my BH&G cookbook for that TX sheet cake Mmmmm cake... :)
Anyway, I"m rambling.

Have a great morning :)
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:28 pm

Glad to hear your day's going well-me too, so far. My Mom comes up on Thursdays to visit, so we took a walk with the kids (Gracie in the wagon, and later Noah too, when he pooped out, LOL) THAT was a workout, pulling the two of them :)

Had two homemade blueberry pancakes and a chorizo and egg taco from last night. I did use a VERY little bit of syrup, and actually I didn't finish them; so I probably had less than one and a half. Oh, and two mini muffins my Mom brought!

Lunch was bean and cheese chalupas.

I am wishing it was Friday so I could have a great big soda sooner :roll: I am just chugging ice water though, and being good!

I hate laundry-my 12 yr old does most of the dishes now :D evil mama!! LOL :mrgreen:

talk to ya later!

Hilary

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:57 pm

I know I said I wasn't going to weigh until we'd made it through the first 21 days but I decided to go ahead and weigh myself since I have been "feeling" skinnier.

Big mistake.

Now I feel like crying because I have been extremely good and haven't lost a THING.

And I even went to DQ last night (per dh's request) to get dh a LARGE (thank you very much) blizzard and DIDN'T GET MYSELF ANYTHING.

I feel really depressed.

I obviously need to increase my exercise, which I have been slacking on. I can't seem to do both right; either I'm doing great in the exercise dept, but slacking on my no-essing; or I do GREAT in the no S dept and slack in the exercise. I haven't completely stopped exercising, but I haven't been doing intense by a long stretch. My workouts have been very short lately to be honest.

Sigh. I just needed to vent. I will keep doing this, don't worry. I guess it just will be a whole lot slower than I thought :cry:

Still its Friday-so thats a good thing. And payday to boot.

Hope you have a GREAT day. Me too :roll:

Hilary

ps I think I am going to give my scale away. or at least have my hubby HIDE it. Actually blowing it up might be better :lol:

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:08 pm

Don't feel bad. Remember those 3lbs I lost the first 10 days? Nope. They came back and brought a half pound just for fun.

I also am a slacker when it comes to exercise.
I feel successful if I'm not pigging out all day, and so I think you are also successful for keeping up with N days. You are doing GREAT!!

Scales suck.
We can do this :)

I am s o t i r e d.

Evoli has been sleeping awfully the last couple weeks. I feel like a zombie. I don't even think I will get the basic chores done today. I can hardly move.

She'll sleep typically for a couple hours first thing at bedtime and then she nurses constantly. I can't sleep because she's there fluttering and I'm completely touched out! I want to cry I'm so tired, but I'm too tired to cry! Naps? What are those? She's the great sleepless wonder!
DH tries to help but she just becomes hysterical if she's not with me.

I am realllllly close to letting her cry it out, which I hate but I haven't slept more than a 2 hr stretch once a night for weeks now it seems.

Bleh.

This is the source of my laziness.

My boobs are huge and floppy and I'm all touched out and tired and frustrated and I can't wait until she is sleep trained like ds. We just put him in bed and he sleeps.

Bleh

B'fast today, PB&J with a banana. I am seriously thinking about saying Ef-it and eating a tub of cool whip. It's *almost* as good as sleep.
Bleh.

I'm sorry you had a crappy encounter with the scale. Don't worry about it.
Talk later.
Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:30 pm

I remember feeling like you-EXACTLY like you. I used to bite my DH's head off if he even LOOKED like he was gonna touch me- :lol: But it gets better, really!!

How old is Evoli? I think you should probably sleep train her-you need it!! If you're not sleeping well, your milk supply will suffer. Which will make her want to nurse more, and make you sleep less-its a vicious cycle I remember well. My oldest was making me miserable by about 8mos old. A friend told me about the book "Healthy sleep habits, Healthy Child" or something like that. IT SAVED MY LIFE. LOL! It suggests letting them cry themselves to sleep. It was so difficult for me I had to leave the house and let my DH deal with the crying. The first night he cried for 20-25 minutes. The second night 5 minutes. By the third night the troubles were over, and he's been sleep trained (his siblings too) ever since.

Anyway, maybe you've already heard this stuff. I don't want to impose advice where it wasn't asked for or wanted, so forgive me if I did! I just thought it might help. I know how hard it is to let your baby cry!

Speaking of kids, I have munchkins begging for food! :roll: LOL-see ya later! Thanks for the pep-talk, btw. I am sorry that 3 lbs came back-not for long I'm sure!!

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:32 am

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We made it ANOTHER WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOoHooo!! Bring on the birthday cake baby. LOL

Tuesday will be 21 days by the way.

I know this because I was going to say Ef-it and eat a snack this morning (recall my sleepless grumpiness) But I thought of you and then counted how many days I had. I don't want to have to start all over again at day 1!

Have a busy day tomorrow. Noah turns 3 And so he's going to IHOP for b'fast and I'm getting choc chip pancakes LOL. Then the big party at "the jumpyard" has those bounce houses indoors. ANd then pizza and cake.

Have a great weekend if I don't hear from you.

Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:33 pm

LOL-CAKE CAKE CAKE-have fun!! We just took the kids to one of those jump places in mid-Feb. and they LOVED it. Gracie bounced continuously the entire time; then they had pizza and cake too 8)

I know, last night I was going to say screw it, I'm getting a Oreo Mint Blizzard!! But I just couldn't do it, I thought of you, and I didn't want to let you down. This was before supper. Then *after* supper I was even more tempted..luckily it had been a long day and I was too tired to give in, LOL. Plus I thought, man, I'm almost there!! I can't cheat on Tiffani!! :lol:

Yah!! we deserve our S-days!!

have a good one-or two I should say :D

hilary

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:24 pm

Monday!! (boooo!) LOL

How was your weekend? Mine was nice, lots of yummy es's! I made pecan crisps-very good! They're like cinnamon rolls, except after rolling and cutting them, you lay them on the baking sheet and flatten them to 1/8"and spread w/ a little melted butter and sprinkle brown/white sugar, cinnamon and pecans on them. then you press that on so it sticks and bake. Boy they were good :P

I didn't get to the chocolate cake though. I was too busy!

So far so good today, however it is EARLY!

It's raining and yucky again here. Being stuck inside with four antsy kids is making me crazy :roll:

but we will conquer-tomorrow's 21 days!!

I have to go do damage control. Sigh.

Hilary

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:26 pm

How ya doing this morning?
Good here so far. I had a small b'fast and thought I'd be starving all morning but here it is almost lunchtime :)

Tomorrow is day........................21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's do this!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:54 pm

pms sucks...I have not been my normal self today-I'm much worse than usual...

But I haven't cheated at least! There is that. Can you tell I don't love Mondays? LOL.

So how is your day going so far?

I can't believe we're almost at 21 days!!!! Woo hooo!!

hehe

talk to ya later!

Hilary

FarmerHal

WHAT DAY IS IT???? DAY 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:24 pm

:lol:
We did it we did it hooray (yes it's from Dora LOL)

Day 21 is going well today. I'm pretty happy that I actually completed my 2nd set :)

How are you doing? I KNOW this would not have been possible without having you here with me, chugging along to meet the same goal!!!

How do I feel?
Way better! For one, my relationship with food has completely changed. I no longer look at each plate of food with guilt, no longer chastize myself for what I've eaten each day.
I am no longer sad and depressed about myself (even dh comments how much happier I am!). I may be overweight but I'm working on it, and that's what counts.
I enjoy my S day treats thoroughly with ZERO guilt. I do try to NOT be an idiot though LOL.

I have learned that I will not starve in the 4 hrs it takes to get to the next meal. Hunger is uncomfortable, but it is not overly painful and isn't going to cause me to keel over from a hunger attack.

I have not lost control of my eating and I am so proud of myself, since food has been an issue since I was a small child (first diet was 2nd grade, my mom obsessed about my weight!)

Our grocery bill is less... I'm not eating a box of crackers, half a package of oreos, a couple bagels with pb&j on them or butter every day between meals where I would also have seconds. I am not following supper up every day with ice cream (probably 4 servings, since a serving size is 1/2 cup and I woudl just fill my bowl) plus a few cookies to dip in the ice cream as I ate.

See how that would all add up!? That's a LOT of food.

I think my pancreas is happier too, since it's not having to continuously pump out more and more insulin as I eat. My insulin resistance is improved as is my acanthosis nigricans (darkening of the skin caused by excess insulin in the blood).

Overall, an excellent experience. I sortof wanted to take tomorrow as a an S day for a day of celebration but I think that would be unwise. Tomorrow will be day one of set 3 :) And it WILL be a success!!

LOL I feel like I"m accepting my noS 21 day "Grammy" award LOL. But it's true. You are the first person I am saying thank you to, for being here for me and I am happy to be here for you as well!!

Ok, going to post some of htis on the main board too.

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
I hope your day is going as well :)
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:48 pm

I am so glad you had a such a good day!!

I am thrilled that we made it!! I didn't check in yesterday because I was SO sick :( I was so dizzy I stayed in bed most of the day, drinking what felt like gallons of water, and feeling nauseous. My dh actually had to come home from work to help out.

I feel better today but still not 100%.

I too would NOT have made it without you. When I feel better I will list the ways in which I feel better too. Though they look similar to yours! :D

ta ta for now! (Tigger :lol: )

hilary

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:54 pm

Yaaay!! Congratulations on your first set of 21 Hilary!!!!! :)

We make a great noS team.

I am hoping you're feeling much better today. There is crud going around here- some upper respiratory crap and we were hit with it for the last week. Some long nights with poor Evoli trying to breathe and of course the dr's dont' want to give any cold meds. Ugh. But it's getting better. The sleep deprivation was really killing me.

Sorry to hear about your pms lol. I'm still nursing and haven't heard a peep from aunt flo! She can stay away forever for all I care :)

How has your day one gone?

I got a little piggish for breakfast but had very reasonable lunch/supper.
I read your list of how you feel better. Our lists are very similar.

I never did weigh myself. I just don't give a passing thought to it much any more- amazing!

Ok, dd wants me,
talk later
Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:40 am

Thank you, thank you-and congrats to you too, my Dear!! :D

My day has gotten better-I am feeling much better now. I had the opposite eating, LOL. I ate lightly at breakfast and lunch, and was so hungry at supper I went a little overboard on the (*delicious*) home made breadsticks (oops). But still, it was far better than it used to be!!

I didn't weigh myself today either! I don't want to-I am sure to be holding extra water weight due to my favorite time of the month right around the corner :roll: blehk!

I am so glad we are doing this together! I really wouldn't have come this far on my own, I know it. I feel like we can cruise right through another 21 days, no problem!! Of course I don't want to get too cocky, and be knocked right on my tookus again :P

I am actually feeling up to exercising so I am going to get to it before I change my mind, 8)

Hilary

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:28 pm

Hey, how's your day going?

So far, so good. Day 2 already :)

B'fast was leftover polenta pancakes with scrambled eggs and an apple juice. Yum. (no syrup)

Lunch (as I'm noshing!) turkey sandwich with cheddar and lettuce on whole wheat, annie's organic white cheddar mac n cheese (small bowl) and some crispy wheats (like wheat thins but I think they're better).
Might go up and get a glass of soy milk after too.

NOt sure what supper will be. DH will be late tonight so I will have some time to play in the kitchen.

AND... tomorrow's friday!! LOL I'm so happy only one more N day and I can have some of those chocolate no-bake cookies I made 2 weeks ago but forgot about for this weekend (can you believe? forgot!) lol

How was your exercising?
I might hop on the treadmill later. Maybe. We'll see. :wink:
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:23 pm

Hi! Wow. Long day already! It's 3 pm, Grace is already up from her nap and the boys were too noisy so I didn't get mine (grrr!).

I did my treadmill workout last night, so YAH! at least I did that. I did a whole hour, most of it fast walking, up and down "hills"; but I did jog one whole mile straight :D I'm proud now but I was admittedly miserable towards the end of that mile!

You have been eating healthier than me it sounds like. I had half an egg and bacon taco for breakfast and two homemade banana/Uncle Sam Cereal(high fiber flax and wheat cereal) muffins(low sugar). For lunch I had about 1.3 hot dogs and some fritos. I am hungry again but I won't eat till supper.

I am making sweet and sour beef (the meat's not fried!) in my crockpot. I plan on serving it over brown rice. It's a new recipe so I hope it's a hit. It smells good anyway! Last night I made chicken cacciatore in my crockpot, and it turned out well, so hopefully tonight will too :)

Don't you *love* when you actually forget about something sweet?!! Sometimes I will buy candy and eat it while I'm out, but don't finish it, so I fold up the package (m&m's come to mind!) and then 2 weeks later I find it in my purse. :lol: I remember a time when those m&m's would've been on my mind EVERY waking moment till I scarfed 'em down! I love the changes that are happening!

I know, it's amazing there's only one more N day till Saturday!! Hooray!! This weekend I am definitely making that Buttermilk Chocolate Sheet Cake. WITH the frosting :mrgreen:
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:46 am

Well dinner was ( I think) a success-I mean taste-wise. Some yeas, some nays. Oh well-I liked it! I had a good no-s day.

And I did my hour on the treadmill. I want to do some floor exercises later, sit-ups, push ups, etc.

I have been trying to tell any difference at all in my size. I look and look, but although I *feel* skinnier, I can't really see much difference yet. There is one small thing, so small I am not sure it's not my imagination. My shoulders, neck and face look less "poofy". I can feel my collar bone again, although its still not really visible unless I purposely turn a certain way, LOL.

Anyway, its enough to keep me going 8) hehehe

Have a good night-one more day!! :D
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:26 pm

Just wanted to check in with ya before i head to the playground, it's so nice outside!

Sounds like your crock pot meals were yummy! I have a love/hate relationship with my crock pot. Sometimes it dries roasts out and other times the food is so yummy. And so quick. Just throw it in in the morning and it's ready for supper.

You are doing so good with the exercise! I wish I had more motivation for it, but given the last week of sleepless nights I'm letting it slide. Evoli finally slept really well last night. Yesterday I was a complete grouch and when dh got home I had the last straw. Here I sit with these kids day in day out, and he has decided to play 'ultimate frisbee' (like football but w/a frisbee) twice a week. So there are days he's gone for 12+ hours. Add on top of that he wants to go to school for his masters and he'll have 12+hr days 4 times a week. I was so mad with him last night and he just plays dumb ("so what did Noah do that you're so mad") Duh it wasn't him, it was YOU dork.

Sorry, ranting lol

b'fast was 3 minibagels each with different toppings. And a decaf. And a serving of i'mgoingtolosemymindsoonifidon'tgetsomehelparoundhere.

Thank you.
That is all.

:twisted: See I am crabby too! lol

Only 2 meals to s day and I'll be having cookies for b'fast ;)
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:55 pm

:lol: roflmao

you crack me up-I can relate, trust me. We live in the boonies and hubby has almost an hour drive both ways, on top of the 9 hour work day he puts in, and it makes for a whole lotta "imlosinityoubettergethomequickbeforethere'snothin'left!!"

like NOW for instance :roll:

The weather here has been BLAH lately-cloudy and drizzly for *days* and days..I could use some sunshine! And a decent park that wasn't an hour's drive away!!

My Dh played paintball for awhile, and he couldn't (at first) understand why it irked me so much, that he wanted to go PLAY for 8-9 hours on Saturday after working so hard all week. hmmmm, what could it be?! I think he gets it now :mrgreen: Leave him home with the kids by himself for a few hours on the weekend and he'll get it QUICK (evil laugh!!!!)

Yes I finally have some good news...tangible results!! I have officially lost a whole INCH off my waist!!!

HOORAY-YIPPEEEEE-WOOOOHOOOO!!!!

who knew an inch would get me so excited!! :lol: :D

And I'll be thinking of you eating cookies for breakfast tomorrow while I have cake and ice cream, hehehe!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:56 pm

Woohoo!! An inch!! I should measure myself too. The scale said 234.5 yesterday, at the last set of 21 start it was 236.5.
I don't think I look any different yet.

Sorry it's an hour commute for your dh and to get to a park. That's a drag for sure. Do you have room at all inthe back yard to have a swing set?

Well I'm typing one handed. dd is in my lap nursing.

I'll catch u later
oh, lunch was 3 pieces of a personal pan pizza (so like 1.5 pieces of a regular slice I guess) and water.

I am so glad we have each other for this :)

Talk soon
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:00 am

My whole family is eating COOKIES (lemon, I LOVE lemon) in front of me.

:cry:

Sigh. So I left to hide in the computer room. I'm not sure its going to help :roll:

It's not so bad when the kids do, they have a couple and that's it. My sweet hubby brings the entire cookie jar and eats one after the other while I drool. Usually I can handle it, but its Friday, you know? So close, and yet so far!!

So far I am holding on. But its hard, arrghh!

I did floor exercises earlier, with my little Gracie sitting on me for support, LOL. Its hard to do scissors and bicycle crunches with a three year old on your tummy,

:wink:

I guess I'll surf while he demolishes the delicious mouth-watering lemon cookies I've only had two of (i actually don't remember how many I've had, but I am sure its a pitifully tiny amount, hehe)

tomorrow is almost here, hanging in there!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:07 pm

Oh man, that's hard when they get to chow down on goodies while we can't :( For the most part, we're all noSing around here (well ds eats much more) but we reserve sweets to the weekends. I tell him it's a special treat for Saturday and Sunday. He seems ok with that. He also likes those pure fruit bars, so he thinks he's getting a special treat when really it's mostly fruit.

I had a hard time starting yesterday afternoon. I know I didn't get enough fiber for dinner because I was ravenous by 3 and had to wait for dinner until after 6. DH came home and I decided to mow the lawn (1/2 acre omg, what a pain!). That helped get rid of the hunger because all I could think of then was getting to the other side of the lot! Took me 1.5 hrs!

I did have a 2 ritz crackers at about 3 because it was all that I had in the car and it did stop me from swinging by wendy's for a frosty! I figure the mowing negated the crackers anyway. They would've fit on my lunch plate for sure.

Had beef stir fry for supper which is my favorite these days. I ate a whole ton of that and was still hungry.

I was sooooo ready for b'fast lol. I had 3 little polenta pancakes and some skillet scrambler. Mmm

I had to laugh at dd today. She has decided no baby food for her thankyouverymuch. She wants to grab what is on my plate. So I decided I'll oblige her and that's how she can eat. Except I have jars and jars of baby food sitting in the cupboard. Ugh.

She was very excited over a piece of bagel and some potato chunks in skillet breakfast. Whatever works I guess. SHe's such a ham.

Well enjoy your S days. I am not sure what we're going to do this weekend, if anything. I already washed and fluff-dryed my bichon frise girls (have I introduced you? Lexi and Darby the bichon frises and Gobie the miniature pinscher). I give them a bath every week. I am a groomer by trade, but a mommy currently.

ANyway, I should go do something productive like laundry or something instead of sitting here tappity tap tap on the computer. :)

Talk soon!
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:11 pm

Well yesterday I was an idiot. I kept eating pretty much all day. I felt really gross by bedtime lol.

I just now ate one cookie and I feel nauseas. Bleh.

What was that... "dont' be an idiot?" LOL

But hey, I made it through the week at least!

See ya monday!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:01 pm

Good attitude. You did make it through the week. I didn't realize you had the 3 fluffy dogs too! You are one busy lady. Cute story with the baby wanting people food. Sounds like my daughter when she was small. She loved people food and pretty much disdained baby food. Didn't appeal to her fine pallate. Most baby food is pretty gross and tasteless.
New week starting up and we will make it a good one. I wish you continued success on your journey.
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:43 pm

:lol: It's good to hear she's ready for *real* food, hehe-at least it'll save a lot on baby food. Maybe you can donate what you have to a shelter or something!

I was actually pretty good this weekend. I didn't drink soda continuously and only had a couple sweet treats. A candy bar Saturday, and the rest of the lemon cookies :D Sunday I made cinnamon swirl bread, which really doesn't have a ton of sugar, but tastes like a treat anyway. And last night I finally made my Buttermilk Chocolate sheet cake!! AKA, Texas sheet cake. I had a pretty large piece and some vanilla ice cream..and you're not going to believe this-I can hardly believe it myself!- I couldn't even finish it!! It was *SOOOOO* sweet!! Aack, I had to give the rest to DH. Somehow he managed to finish it off :P

Today however I would like to scarf a huge piece-but it's safe in the freezer, being held till next weekend!

I do wanna munch though. :roll: I am going to have some water and do some sewing instead. I'm making my little Gracie some flannel ladybug pajamas 8)

Btw, don't worry too much about being a bit "idiotic"-that WAS on an S day after all :mrgreen: And that way we appreciate how good we feel on the Nos days even more!

I am noticing I'm getting picker about the treats I have on weekends-I don't want the JUNK as much-I'd rather save my treats for something really good-like HOMEMADE chocolate cake, rather than a DQ blizzard, or cinnamon swirl bread instead of a donut shop donut.. I am happy that's changing, without my effort, which is even better :D

Which makes me wonder why I feel like eating anything I can get my hands on right now. Sigh. I guess we still have a ways to go, eh?

8) Later! Doing well?
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:12 pm

Yep, doing well today thanks :)

I could totally eat some Texas Sheet cake!!

Iknow what you mean about saving the treats to be really good ones. I had a blizzard on Sunday and I thought to myself how bland it was, honestly. Something nice and sweet and homemade is so much better now!

DH just walked in the door and I have a baby on the boob while I type LOL.

Not sure what supper will be, haven't even given it a thought.
B'fast was breakfast burrito with steak , egg and rice in it.
Lunch was sandwich crackers banana and soy milk.

I did have decaf today too.

I'm not hungry at all, and pretty happy to be back to N days.

Talk soon :)
(still droolign over your cake though!!)
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:09 pm

Ok it's Tuesday. How're you doing so far?

I am doing ok. I will admit I had a couple sips or so of DrP. Very little, really, but the little ones are really cranky today which translates to cranky MAMA, arghh! Gracie's going through her *terrific* (LOL) twos a little late, :roll: . Sometimes I just don't know what to do with her, ya know??

Anyway I am pretending it's a still a successful day because it was very tiny and I have resisted otherwise...man it's only Tuesday and already it feels like a long week! At least I got a good night's sleep last night- I was asleep before my oldest son (12) went to bed-translation: by 8:30 pm! Then they even slept late today and didn't get up til about 7:15 am. Wow-that's rare!!

I have finished the pj top for Grace (the hard part) and now I have to make the pants. The easy part :D

Breakfast was a potato and egg taco, and 1 homemade banana oatmeal muffin. Lunch is late, but it's a homemade hamburger on wheat with cheese, and probably some fritos. Tonight I am making some form of chicken pot pie, only with biscuits on top-yum! And hopefully salad.

Hope your day is going well!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:52 pm

Ugh, the 'terrific' twos. I'm now deep into the trying threes! I feel your pain! ;)

We had a very similar b'fast. I had potato egg and can. bacon burrito and a juice (Yes! That was It! I amazed myself).
I did have coffee between.
Lunch was pb&j on wheat with wheat crisps and a banana and soy milk. (again, that was IT! I'm happy because it was normal sized portions). Supper was chicken stir fry. I went crazy on that but it was a ton of veggies, so I jsut get to think I'm pigging out. I had a frozen all fruit bar too, IT FIT ON THE PLATE!! LOL.
Noah and Evoli have been so whiney lately. I can't seem to be able to put her down w/out her having a fit. Just trying to get through this phase.

I am trying to enjoy her babyness but I will be really happy when she goes to bed like Noah. :) And sleeps through w/out hanging on my boob half the night lol.

Day's pretty good. Jess dropped the "I bomb" on me (Iraq) today while driving in the car. I suspect he does this because I'm strapped in and can't smack him. He said the military is looking for Individual Augmentation (IA's) to send people to Iraq. His name came up on one for Afganistan, thankfully some other guy was selected. Jess says he thinks after about a year he'll be sent. This was SUPPOSED to be shore duty, meaning no deployments for 30months. Bull O Nee.

I hate this war. So I'm a nervous wreck. And that hasn't helped me any. I've sooo much wanted to pig out today. Something sweet would make me forget the pain I'm feeling otherwise for just a few moments at least.

But thankfully you're here for me and that saved the day.

I will write more later. Your dd's jammies sound cute! I need pictures!!! :)
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:59 pm

Bummer about the Iraq thing-I am so glad your hubby didn't get chosen-maybe it will be over soon :( prayin' for it to be!!

A friend of mine's son is being deployed in May I think. :cry:

Today so far so so :roll: I had a 4 oz glass of drp with breakfast, which was one egg/sausage taco, nothing else (cringe, don't hit me!! ) NO MORE !!!! Still I know it's only about 50 cal; but I am sorry I did it. I feel terribly guilty. :oops: Don't cheat!!!!! Its not worth it! I am so bad, I still want to count today as a success. If I do my treadmill time (1 hour) can I just pretend it didn't happen? I'm trying to be helpful and I am afraid to admit if I cheat because I don't want to cause you to fall. So I am BUCKIN' UP and gettin back on the wagon, so to speak and I'm NOT gonna let this be my downfall! I will not cheat. So far soda has been my only downfall (lets hope I don't add more!!).

I really can almost taste those skinny jeans :lol:

Lots of working out will help (yippee!) :roll: 8)

I have no problem with no seconds, and I don't get the urge to snack anymore.. it's just that soda..ok I'm going to stop beating myself up now.

I finished the pj's!! I will try to get DH to help me post the pics later. He showed me but it's been a looooong time
:P

stay strong-we can do this YOU are doing GREAT!!
Hilary
_______

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:00 pm

hmm. I sure make a lotta faces, don't I? :D LOL.
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:20 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about the soda= my "soy milk" is chocolate soy milk. It's about the only thing I drink that has calcium in it- and I need calcium not just for myself but for bf'ing too, so it's a toss up and I let it slide. A small cup of Dr.P... meh. don't sweat it.

Today is going well. DH is gone now till Friday nite, so I am trying to be strong and continue on being successful.
You know, I'm noticing more and more that I am not even hungry between meals. I have my brain going "you know.. wouldn't that box of crackers or bowl of fruit loops be super yummy?!" but my body is saying "no thanks, I'm good here!"
So I try not to listen to the brain and go with what the body says instead. I'm also noticing I'm getting much better at just ignoring the hungries and going about my day. I won't starve. (really!?! Yep!) It's funny the revelations I've been hhaving about food and eating.

Today b'fast was rice crispies and pbj on wheat.
Lunch we just had a little 'picnic' on the rug. We were going to meet friends at the park but she said it was too windy/chilly. Had a sandwich, a pile of crackers (bad, I know, probably 2+ servings) and baby carrots and apple juice box.

Supper, I am not sure. Might whip myself up a roast and I can eat off it for the next 3 days. I really badly need to clean the fridge, it has some ooooold leftovers, who knows what's even in them lol.

Ok, Evoli is squealing for me, Talk later.

Buck up! :) It'll be ok.

I tend to overdose on the smilies from time to time when I'm in one of those moods LOL.

Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:20 pm

I just took an hour and a half walk with the kids- aaack! where's the sweaty-tongue-hangin'-out emoticon-face!? LOL

felt good, but boy are my feet tired! The kids did well-we took a wagon and the little ones took turns riding. I even carried Gracie for a ways-she loved it of course, but carrying her plus my own extra baggage was a wee bit exhausting!

Any way, its a LOT more fun than the treadmill!

Yes, I know what you mean about the "food revelation" stuff. I am amazed at the changes I am seeing, too. I do get the urge to munch Fritos between 3pm and supper, but I can resist now; it's not the overpowering urge it once was! I also am thrilled to be able to go snack free after supper!! I never used to do that. It's barely an issue at all anymore. But I don't want to get cocky!

I am so glad you're doing this with me-we really should encourage others to try this!! It helps SOOOOOOOOOOO much!

Later!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:14 am

YEs, the buddy system has worked wonders for the both of us.
You've made an enormous difference in my daily life and I've never even met ya :lol:

Tonight went well. I made sort of a turkey stew, with ground turkey, in little meatballs, cut up potato and carrots and then a gravy. It was good. Noah liked it (hooray!). I also stir fried fresh broccoli in olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic. It was waaay tastier than I was expecting. I betcha I ate 2 cups of that! (I just piled it on one half of my plate and the stew on the other).

As it stands, my tummy feels 'light' not full and not hungry. I imagine I'll be ultra gassy by morning ;) :lol: Thankfully dh won't get the brunt of it, since he's away!

The kids were good for me today. Had a friend over w/her little daugher, Leah. Noah adores her. Leah isn't quite too sure about him yet, but they are pretty good buds. Evoli was her clingy, sweet self as usual. Bathtime went smoothly, even supper went well (usually a lot of protesting from the kiddos). good day over all.
I will put another smiley on my calendar.

How many days are we up now on this set? 8?

Have a great night. Hope ours goes fast and it's morning soon. It's always so unnerving to be alone at night.

ok, talk soon
tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:14 pm

I'm glad you had such a nice day! That soup you made sounds yummy-and even the veggies! I love garlic. My 3boys( and their Daddy too!) seem to think gas is a thing to be proud of My mom is over visiting today, reading to the kids right now :) :roll: :lol: they howl with laughter if they can time it right to get a good "stink bomb" off at each other. Some how I still don't find it a thing to be proud of, myself, LOL.

That would be hard to go through nights without your sweetie-I'm such a sissy, I would hate that too!

Had a good night, made it through with no funny stuff, as Reinhard would say 8) So far so good today too. I had a leftover homemade hamburger for breakie and grilled cheese on homemade wheat for lunch with my frito fix. I actually put some back, though, as I was TIRED of them (can you believe it!?). I need a big glass of ice water right about now.

I checked how far we walked yesterday(after we took the kids to the library today) and it was about 2 and a half miles. This morning I was awakened *extremely* early (like 3:30 or something horrible) and couldn't fall back asleep, so Igot up and did a bunch of chores. Plus I got my one hour on the treadmill in! Yah! It's sooo much easier when I don't have an audience (or hear fighting in the other room!).

Gotta get back to our guest :D Talk to ya later!
Hilary
_______

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:53 pm

Hey Tiffani!

How's your day going today? I am doing good-no funny stuff again. Breakfast was scrambled eggs and almost 2 homemade muffins (apple oatmeal pecan); lunch was bean and cheese quesadillas, a little over one. I made two but couldn't finish them.

I took the kids on a mini-grocery shopping trip. It was pouring so I didn't want to do the big trip, but there are some things you just need NOW, ya know? We stopped by a rummage sale and they all got a little something. Grace was so funny. She found some "babies" and a small stroller, and was "walking" (you know how toddlers "walk", lol) all over the place-she was having a ball. So needless to say she got some new babies (actually a teeny weeny dog, monkey, and Anne Geddes-style baby in a ladybug suit-too cute!) and the stroller for 3 bucks. :D she's a happy little mama, hehe. And I found two chairs for my dining room for ONE DOLLAR!! coool!!! Obviously they need a little work, but my Dad is great with woodworking and I am sure he will help (okay, I mean do it for me-lol).

Well I have to go do something useful I guess. Sigh. What I really want is a NAP.
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:51 pm

Wow cool garage sale finds!! I love it when you find treasure and then make it your own.

Today has gone well. Jess is home but he's also sick (I think a bad sinus infection, he's going to dr. tomorrow morning).
B'fast was homemade apple cinnamon pancakes. Evoli decided she must try some and so she was Mmmm'ing away on them lol. And a decaf coffee but only half because I discovered there were grounds in them :shock: yuk.

Lunch was burger and fries from checkers. I got a 'tea' expecting plain tea but instead got sweet tea that tasted like liquid sugar. Bleh. So one sip and I was done with that. I can't believe people want to drink that stuff. Bleh... but then you know I'm weird about soda and such.

Supper.... not sure. I guess I'll go poke around in the kitchen and see. Although I have this thought in the back of my mind and might mention it to Jess..... chinese takeout!! :)

We made it another week! I am so proud of us. I was talking to my mom on the phone and mentioned "my diet buddy, Hilary" and she said "WHO?" and so I explained the diet to her.
She then give me the "yeah Dr. Mabee says I have GOT to lose 15 lbs!!" Riiiight :roll: this from a woman who is 115 and already too skinny as it is. Tends to embellish from time to time but oh well. She's a ham :)

Well I hope you have a great night. Will have to come up with soooomethign for supper. Ugh.

Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:16 am

Wow. Crazy fun weekend for me here! Saturday we went to a little park and ds played and played. We hiked around a little pond as well.
I made devil's food cake and creme cheese frosting (from a box and a can lol) and it was delish. Been munching on it all weekend (probably too much, well, yeah, too much! But I'm working on it). I wanted to snack between meals but once I started, I felt really bloated and gross so I didn't do much snacking at all this weekend.

I should try harder on weekends!

Ah well, tomorrow is another N day and I look forward to it!

Today dh and I built dog agility jumps and they turned out so nicely! Made them out of 1" pvc pipe. Gobie, my minpin remembered the commands so well, and I have a little practice tunnel as well, he had a blast- he was way faster than I was and I was having a hard time staying with him lol. We plan to add more pieces of equipment as we go.

I also broke out the bike and kiddie trailer and went for two bike rides. My legs are jello! Had a good time though and i forgot how comfy my new (last year) bike is.

I hope you had a good weekend also,
Look forward to our N week!! :)

Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:08 pm

Well it sounds like you had a great weekend! We had a pretty good one, just not enough SLEEP-thats typical for me, unfortunately.

I think I overdid it this weekend too :roll: I ate TWO donuts Saturday AM and wished I had stopped at one-two was *too* much, bleh! I did notice I am much more unwilling to eat past full than I used to-in fact I remember I used to just eat till there was nothin' left, just because it tasted good ( I thought). Now I notice it really *doesn't* taste good when you're full, so I have been able to make myself stop, and I really don't want any more! It's wonderful :D I was still hungry when I ate the second donut..just not for more sugar, LOL.

I am really glad we are keeping up with it. I can feel it becoming automatic, now, you know? I actually have to sit and think on weekends, hey, it's my S day, I can have a treat! LOL-It's starting to slip my mind that I can on s-days! NEVER thought that would happen!! Ok I don't forget for long, and it IS the first thing I think of Saturday morning, but hey, progress is progress!

I didn't exercise this weekend. The ball of my left foot is sore from walking for such long periods, I think. I might try splitting my hour into two 30min. sessions and see if that helps. I don't want to quit, of course! it really is helping.

Well, gotta get back to the kiddos!
Hilary
_______

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:57 am

:(
Where are ya Tiffani? Hope you're doing ok-I miss ya!

I am hanging in there-no s's yesterday. We had a *great* supper-something called "Souped Up Chicken Stroganoff". I got the recipe from this book, "Cheap. Fast. Good." or something like that. I LOVE this cookbook. The name says it all! :P I am really bad about waiting until the last minute to figure out supper, and this book has saved my bacon on numerous occasions. And my family usually actually likes it :shock: :lol:

Anyway, I am about to get on the treadmill (and it's not even 7am, ugh!). I need to at least do 30 minutes. Maybe 45, we'll see when the munchkins arise, lol.
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:21 pm

Ack! Sorry, yesterday was just so crazy. I was flat out pooped from all the bike riding the day before and was buried in laundry... bleh. BUT!
I'm happy to report that it was a successful N day. I was hungry by nighttime- I hate mondays, it takes a day for my body to readjust to not snacking and no super yummy desserts :) LOL

Today's b'fast was an egg/sausage burrito and a bowl of meusli with banana. and a soy milk. I still feel hungry but it's just a feeling, and it will be lunch in 3.5 hrs anyway.

Glad to hear you're on the treadmill. Mine sits there, beckoning me, waiting for my return but still, I avoid it. I know it would do me some good though. If I don't take the kids out in the stroller or bike trailer, I think I'll hop on it when Ev takes a nap.

I'm with you on the last minute dinner! Sometimes I hit a groove and have everything all planned and have really yummy dinners, other times, I'm lucky if I can throw together mac n cheese lol.

I'll have to see if I can find your cookbook.

Evoli is nursing as I type so I'll make this short.

I'm still here :D
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:26 am

Are you hanging in there?

I am (noS wise anyway). I had a dental consult today to go over xrays taken last week and my mouth is a mess AGAIN and I'm just upset and frustrated over that. TWELVE more cavities, including I need 2 crowns. I am so upset.

I was so mad when I came home, I walked in the door, threw my purse across the room (I'm a thrower when angry) screamed some obscenity and then went into the garage and grabbed the mower. Most of the time the thing requires several pulls to get going and I got it on one very hard yank LOL ( it's funny now!) but I did the entire front yard before I had worn off all the frustration. I already am doing a bunch more than the average person to keep my teeth healthy but they've been trouble since I was about 20. This sucks.

there's still 4 pieces of cake left on the counter and I tell you, I was tempted to just shove a piece in my mouth tonight. I stood there and stared at it.
And I thought about you.
And I thought about what I've learned, that whatever terrible thing I'm feeling will still be there after the short pleasure of eating that tasty cake. It feels better but only for a second.

So I walked away from the cake. :roll:

Well, hope you had a good day. talk soon :)
Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:32 am

Oh, Tiffani!!! ((((((((HUGS!!))))))))))

That SUCKS!!! I HATE the dentist-well not personally, but you know :( I do know how you feel though. Last year I went in and had SEVEN cavities and an extraction. ACK!!!!!!! Horrible, horrible horrible. I'm due to go again for a check up and I sure as S*$&% don't want to!!! My poor hubby has terrible teeth, and has had many problems with them; what sucks is even though we have insurance we can't afford to get his work done because there's so much. I think he doesn't know where to start.

I am soo proud of you for not eating that cake. I know I would've wanted to bury my face in and not come up for air til it was GONE, thankyouveryMUCH.

I am thinking of you and I'll say a prayer that your next visit will go smoothly!!

You are doing great, Tiffani. Don't let this crap throw you for a loop. Think how PROUD you will be when you get through this without turning to food for comfort. I know I'm proud of you, look what you resisted already today!! 8) Very very proud

Keep at it!!! I will too-and I didn't get on the stupid treadmill today yet, my little Gracie got up right then, and no toddlers on the treadmill, you know :roll:

Tomorrow will be better :wink:
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:57 pm

:oops: Aww thanks, you got me blushing :)

It makes me so mad that dh rarely flosses and is not a regular brusher and has had ZERO cavities. Grrr. I don't know where to start, it costs me extra over the insurance as well unfortunately, so I'll have to budget it in. I'll have to pick a quadrant of my mouth and start there and just do it once a month or something. Ugh.

I wanted that cake. It would have felt so good, for just a moment.

Anyway, today's a new day... Thanks for the prayers and support, you are so sweet.

I hope we both get a chance on the treadmill today. If I can convince Noah to stay off of it while I'm walking and Evoli to stay asleep for more than 20 minutes I'll be set!

B'fast: kindof bizarre but I had 2 minibagels, one with pbj and one with butter, and a banana and soy milk.
Those minibagels don't even add up in calories to one regular bagel, thankfully, so I got my cravings out of the way.

Not sure about lunch or supper yet.

Evoli is crying, talk soon!
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:39 pm

8) Glad to hear you sound a bit more cheerful!

YAH, I already did my time on the treadmill!! I got in 45 minutes walking/jogging. I decided to take it down a notch due to my sore tootsies. Hopefully I can work back up to an hour, I was really feeling good about that accomplishment. Still, ANY time on the treadmill is an accomplishment for me!

I am feeling pretty good this morning. Can you believe we've been at this over a MONTH with SUCCESS?! I am so glad we're doing this!! I am noticing some things are changing (from less sugar, more stable blood sugar I guess!). I was losing excess hair when I would wash my hair, since after Grace was born I'd say. I was really bummed about it and I just knew it was my diet/exercise (lack of, that is!!) that was doing it. Since I've been consistently been exercising and following No-S it's been slowing down. Now I lose just a little when I wash it, a much more normal amount!! This is very encouraging. I am THRILLED. :D

I feel SOOO much better. Thanks for taking the time to post daily, you've helped me stay with this and because of you I am feeling better every day. You are a great help and friend to me and I don't even know what you look like :lol:

Have a good day! I'll check in later-I have to eat some breakfast now.
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:52 pm

I feel the same way about you... (get ready to be corny lol) I don't even know you but you've helped to change my life so much! This has been a very long long road for me to get my eating and health under control, a very sensitive and intimate part of my life and I value you so much to help me through every day.

I enjoy hearing about your struggles and triumphs and your kids too.
I said to dh the other day that I hope we keep this up for y e a r s because I think it's what it's going to take to get the both of us through to a much healthier way of life.

So stick around okay :) :lol:

Hooray you already got your treadmill in for the day. I still have dd awake and trying to get laundry done. I really should shampoo the downstairs carpet (it's old berber- we're in a rental) it kindof smells stale and ashy from the fireplace going this winter. First I'll have to pick up toys and vacuum.

Ok anyway, eating hass gone well this morning. Not hungry at all. Considering a decaf but water might just as well do the trick. Although something warm might be good because it's chilly in here.

Ok, Evoli wants me again,
Talk soon
Tiffani[/img]
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18