Karinatwork at Work!

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

karinatwork

Karinatwork at Work!

Post by karinatwork » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:57 pm

Ok, first time check-in ever. I semi-started last Wednesday, because I had already snacked all morning by the time I found this website, so there. I was great on Thursday and Friday (no sugar, no snacks, no seconds) and on Saturday and Sunday I wasn't too too bad... in any case, on Wednesday, I was 237 lbs, this morning (monday) I was 235 lbs.
Yay no-S!

karinatwork

Post by karinatwork » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:39 pm

Ok, still doing fine. No slip-ups (hurray!)
Currently I have tons of easter chocolates around me, my son's birthday party leftovers etc. etc. etc. BUT I STAY FIRM - because I can have some on the WEEKEND! :)
Started on March 29, 2007 with 237 lbs.
- 4 lbs

florafloraflora

Post by florafloraflora » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:46 pm

karinatwork wrote:BUT I STAY FIRM - because I can have some on the WEEKEND! :)
Yaaaaay! You've got the idea!

I never thought it would happen, but now when I see candy or sweets in the kitchen at work, I don't even think of it as food. Or I think of it as belonging to somebody else: I would no more eat it than I would steal someone else's lunch from the fridge.

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:06 pm

florafloraflora wrote:
karinatwork wrote:BUT I STAY FIRM - because I can have some on the WEEKEND! :)
Yaaaaay! You've got the idea!

I never thought it would happen, but now when I see candy or sweets in the kitchen at work, I don't even think of it as food. Or I think of it as belonging to somebody else: I would no more eat it than I would steal someone else's lunch from the fridge.
EXACTLY :)

And you can spend some good time on the weekend making up a delicious sweet dessert that's way better than candy :)

You're doing great!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

karinatwork

Post by karinatwork » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:30 pm

Ok, It's been a week now... and it wasn't too hard... and I'm down 5 lbs (!!!!!!!!). I expect to gain some back over the weekend:

Today it's my son's 5th birthday. Cake, candy, ice cream, you get the idea.

Tomorrow we're going up country for Easter, to visit MIL... I have the intention to stay firm and not eat anything sweet and only three meals, even though we're on the road and I alwasy snack in the car!!! (Like my son, he's a constant snacker, but he's growing, and he hasn't gained a pound in almost a year!!!)

Saturday, it's the big Easter dinner at my MIL's. Now I have two choices: I can either do the No-S on Saturday, considered that I had a S-day on Thursday, or I have Saturday AND Easter Sunday as S-days in addition to the S-Thursday.

In any case, I will play it by ear and hopefully it's not going to be too bad. I love this diet though, because it makes me so flexible even when I go visit my mother-in-law!!

:)
- 4 lbs

karinatwork

Big Easter-Disaster!

Post by karinatwork » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:57 pm

Well, not only was it Easter, it also was my son's 5th birthday two days before that AND I was not home on that weekend - double-whammy.

I didn't drink enough water. I ate more than I wanted to. I felt sick the whole time. I didn't really enjoy it all that much. I am up 4 lbs.

BUT: On the one Not-S day (Friday), I did fine and stuck to it 100%. I went out with friends and they ALL had ice cream, and I didn't even have a lick of it, nothing, zero, zilch. :)

Very proud (but sad that 4 lbs are back) :(
- 4 lbs

karinatwork

Post by karinatwork » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:34 pm

Ok, day 13 (all SUCCESS), but weight is back because of Easter chocolate overeating. I'm afraid that I am going to yoyo like this for ever.
Mood down.
Very down.
I'm not cracking.
- 4 lbs