Beth's check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Beth

Beth's check-in

Post by Beth » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:51 pm

So I started again, yesterday (Thurs June 30). I figured what do I have to lose by trying this way of eating out (other than pounds of course)? Especially if I am doing nothing else to lose weight at this time- No S is the least sacrificial weight loss program I have ever seen, even if I do it and still did not lose weight, well, that is no worse than not doing anything at all different and gaining weight (gosh did that make sense?). So...
Thursday Day 1: SUCCESS
:D
B: 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 c oatmeal, 1 serving milk, coffee.
L: Burrito Supreme, Beef Taco
D: 2 Turkey Dogs, 1/2c baked beans

Friday Day 2: It's still morning, so we shall see what happens.
B: Breakfast sandwich, 2 servings milk, coffee
Beth
Mom to Nathan and Jessica, born 04/20/2004

sibyl

Post by sibyl » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:49 pm

You make sense to me. :D
I'm not trying to lose weight - I've never managed to do that - I'm just trying to stop gaining weight. If I manage to lose some, that's a bonus.
Also, I'm trying to build healthier eating habits. The next step is to stop eating in front of the t.v. and start eating on the dining table again.
"I have no idea what you're talking about, so here's a bunny with a pancake on its head".

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:50 pm

So to finish off Friday: Partial success (I succumbed to a Starbucks chai latte that evening)
Saturday(sday): Success
Sunday(sday): Success
Monday: Partial success (I had some pineapple cake w/berries for a 4th of July treat)
Tuesday: Partial success (I had a cookie in the afternoon at the mall- but it was just one freshly baked, normal sized cookie)
Weds: Success thus far- Breakfast was a breakfast sandwich, lunch was a turkey club melt and a few onion rings.
I consider those Partial success days as a partial success rather than a failure, b/c other than those things mentioned, I stuck with the no-s rules for all my other meals. Working on making those partials total successes,but proud of myself for not throwing in the towel either.
Beth

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:46 pm

Weds- Success!
Beth

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:32 pm

Wow, it has been over a week since my last post. Due to a game I am enrolled in w/T-tapp, I have been doing a daily journal, and am proud to say that I have stuck w/No-S all this last week!!!
Beth

Ariel King

Post by Ariel King » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:42 pm

Great job Beth!! TGIF, and have a great S weekend.