milczar's check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

joasia

milczar's check in

Post by joasia » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:08 am

Back at work this week. When I was on vacation, I was walking 6 miles a day. Now it is down to 3 miles because of time limits. If I want to walk in the morning, I would have to wake up at 4:30 a.m. and that is just not going to happen! My eating has been touch and go, but I have been walking almost everyday. Today in the lunch room I fell to a brownie, damn! But tomorrow is always another day.
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:15 pm

We all fall now and then, just pick up and keep going!

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:44 pm

Today my goals are:
Walk after work 3 miles.
Skipped breakfast, because I ate way too much for dinner yesterday.
But plan to eat one plate lunch and one plate dinner today.

Yes I can.
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:19 pm

If you find 21 straight days too discouraging, try combining monthly resolution with personal olympics. For example, in January, if you don't mess up at all, you get gold, if you mess up just once, silver, twice, bronze. Having tiers of goals to shoot for means you won't be too discouraged by a fluke failure. It also gives you a natural and somewhat close "reset" point (next month) to start over again.

Best,

Reinhard

gettnbusy

Post by gettnbusy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:56 pm

The trick is to understand this is permament and for life. One mess up or ten mess ups is not going to detract from your life as a whole. You are doing great!
~I'm still not perfect~
~Sophie~

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:59 pm

Yesterday I walked 5 miles!

Ate lunch and dinner.

Today:
Shooting for 5 miles again, but will settle for 3
Breakfast: 1 hard boiled egg, buttered whole wheat toast, OJ
Lunch: 1cup split pea soup, 1 ham and cheese sandwich with lettuce
Dinner: One plate of something

still working on eating less fast food and more homemade

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:09 pm

I had a success. Somebody left my favorite candy on the lunchroom table. Darn lunchroom!!!! But I didn't touch it, just waited for lunch and ate my lunch. I wasn't even hungry, just wanted to grab that candy. I have been feeling full. So of course I am worrying about "if I am eating too much" Maybe I will start to put less on my plates.

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:34 pm

trying to eat healthier homemade food as opposed to junk and fast food.

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:23 am

Success - and walked 4.5 miles

joasia

Post by joasia » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:36 am

I think success. Walked 4.5 miles

breakfast: 1 oat bran bagel, half with avocado and tomato and half with cheese and tomato

lunch: soup, and a large plate, no dessert

dinner: none, lunch was big and late, i was not hungry at dinner

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:20 am

S day - I overate. And I overate for the wrong reasons: emotions. I felt uncomfortable afterwards. Tomorrow is an N day. I can do it! Walked 4.5 miles today

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:10 am

Success:

Breakfast: none
Lunch: chicken sandwich and french fries, ice tea
Dinner: cup of soup, one stuffed cabbage, one slice of buttered bread

Walk: 4.5 miles

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:45 am

Success:
Breakfast: cheese sandwich, soup, orange
Lunch: Chicken sandwich, fries, ice tea
Dinner: none

Walk 4.5 miles

TGIF!

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:10 am

Not that it's any of my business, but be careful you're eating enough. The last 2 days missing a meal and not really eating all that much at other meals makes me worry a little.

Julie

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:36 am

Maybe you are right. Maybe I am not eating enough. I have been struggling lately. My issues with food are the one area of my life I can't seem to overcome. Today I actually cried because of it. I really want to be normal. And normal to me means struggling with 20 pounds not 100.

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:05 pm

I have had a hard time. For many reasons. None of them good. Whenever I try a diet, even this sane approach, I turn into this weird food obsessed person. And when I am tired of being a food obsessed weirdo, I binge. I have not really gained, just sort of drifted between the same 8 pound range. Although I am in the upper part of the range now and I have to get back to the plan. So today I start over. I have three goals:

1) walk
2) no alcohol
3) eat when I am hungry, 3 meals

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:07 am

Yesterday:
No walk

B = 2 vegetarian tacos
L = homemade soup, mashed potatoes, chicken, corn, green beans
D = Chinese: 8 dumplings with ginger dipping sauce, shrimp fried rice
chewed some regular gum

no evening snacking: SUCCESS

Today:

B = none
L = chicken sandwich, easy mayo, fries, ketchup, ice tea
D = something on a plate

Walk: leaving right now Goal: 4 miles

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:08 pm

Feel like I am getting back in the swing. Although I fear even writing that.

B= 1/2 whole wheat bagle with egg, cheese, and tomato
L=eating out, one plate
D=something at home
Yesterday=4.5 miles
Today = Goal: 4.5 miles

Success: Didn't even want a doughnut this morning at work because I had my yummy bagle.

Really want this to continue

joasia

Post by joasia » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:55 am

Walked 4.5 miles this morning.

B=calzone with chicken sausage
L= ate out - big chicken sandwich on foccacia bread with ice tea
D=Italian restaurant: probably soup or salad, shrimp in tomato sauce, pasta, one slice of bread, water

joasia

Post by joasia » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:51 pm

I am struggling with s days. Any ideas?

florafloraflora

Post by florafloraflora » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:44 am

What is causing your struggle with S-days? Are you afraid to eat too much, or afraid that you won't get the treats you've been looking forward to, or is it something else?

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:39 am

I think it is a combo of guilt and old diet mentality rearing its head. I feel like "Oh it is a day off, so I will eat everything I can before the diet starts again". And then I go crazy, eating two lunches, two dinners, snacking, and so on. Then when it is all over, and I have some clarity, I kick myself and tell myself I will never do that again. But in the moment, I have this "the hell with it" attitude. I am going to keep working on it. I refuse to give up.

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:44 am

B = grilled cheese sandwich

L= shredded beef quesadilla with sour cream and guacamole, ice tea

D = cup of lentil soup, half a ham sandwich closed, raw carrots

Walk 4.5 miles

feeling full because of lots of eating yesterday, but I am back.

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:50 am

FAILURE, started out strong and then overate.
I did walk 4.5 miles this morning
Tomorrow is another day

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:43 am

Failure;
Tomorrow is another day

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:31 am

it wasn't pretty today, but there were some saving graces:
1) Walked the dog
2) stuck to three meals
3) already packed my lunch for tomorrow

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:48 pm

B= 2 slices buttered toast with ham and cheese, orange juice
L= slice of cake
D=plate of pasta

Walked 4.5 miles

I know I had cake. And the other stuff was not health food. But it all fit on three plates. Tomorrow is another day

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:12 am

I have had an extremely stressful situation at work and some at home as well. I am happy to report that I lost my appetite for about two days. Wasn't very hungry. The food I did eat was fast food (fatty and comforting). But... I did stick to one plate and I am walking today 4.5 miles.

Yesterday:
B=none
L=none
D=fast food

Today:
B= none
L=fast food
D= something healthy on one plate

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:51 pm

Yesterday:
B=none
L=carl's jr. chicken sandwich and fries with ketchup
D=pork roast, broccoli, potatoes, coleslaw, mushrooms, 2 tangerines
Walked dog

Today:
B=1 egg, buttered oat bran bread, 1 tangerine, a few blueberries
L=one plate (may eat out)
D=one plate

Will walk the dog

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:23 am

TGIF. Way too much drama at work. One of my co-workers went AWOL, has been missing for two days and there is no answer at her house. We don't know if she is okay. STRESS.

B=1 egg, buttered oat bran bread, tangerine, blueberries
L=chicken sandwich, fries, ketchup, ice tea
S= two very snickers minis (they were small)
D=something on a plate if I am hungry

Success= Because of stress, almost binged on the way home, but didn't

Walk the dog

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:41 am

Some personal goal:

1) Walk everyday (no excuses) if my legs hurt I will walk slower, but I will walk
2) Stick to 3 meals a day, try to listen to hunger pains
3) Cut out the fast food! Pack a lunch everyday.
4) For the time being no alcohol. Maybe eventually I will be able to try the 2 to 4 drink glass ceiling. But right now it is not working. Plus I have found that alcohol is a real appetite stimulant for me. Not good.
5) Start looking for a job that I don't detest. I think this will help me with my overeating issues as well. I didn't go through so much school to dread going to work each morning.

These are all doable, I have done them before. I can do them again. Will be checking in to report how they are going.

The dog is whining, it is time for my walk! P.S. It was 90 degrees in Southern California today, yuck weather for March and even yuckier for walking when you are overweight. But I am still going.

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:57 am

B=sandwich (covered) one orange
L=one plate of mexican food
D=salad with ranch, three or four garlic breads, shrimp, vegetables, pasta
it was more than a plate, but I didn't snack

Walked 3+ miles to my parents house and around the orange grove

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:58 pm

B=sandwich (covered) with avocado, cheese, tomato
orange

L= sandwich (covered) with one slice mortadela, spinach, avocado, tomato
carrot sticks, one cup soup

D= something on one plate, maybe a lunch repeat

Walk the dog

joasia

amy 7246

Post by joasia » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:19 pm

asdf

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:23 pm

B= 2 small soft chicken tacos with hot sauce
L=bean, rice, and cheese burrito with salsa, ice tea no sugar added
D=the burrito was big, so I might have something on one plate or I might skip dinner

Walk the dog = I think between 3.5 and 4.5 miles

I didn't pack a lunch today. So I ate out. When I eat out I always feel stuffed. Goal for tomorrow: pack a lunch! Still have to work on eating out less. I can't say nosdiet is not working for me because I keep cheating and flirting with other plans. So I am trying 2 weeks straight. If that goes well, I will do the 21 days. I can't say it is not working unless I am a purist and do the program just how it is. The rules are so simple there is no reason why I have to keep cheating, I'm not even that much of a sweets lover anyway. Maybe fast food should be a sweet because it has a ton of sugar and high fructose corn syrup (fake sugar) in it. Maybe that will be a goal - treat fast food like an s.

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:32 am

I am mad and ashamed of my gluttony. But I must post it so that I can move on.

B=Chicken sandwich

Staff meeting=jelly donut
snack=rice crispy treat

L=big bowl of rice and beef at Mexican restaurant
a small mint

D=cheeseburger and fries with ketchup and chocolate shake

S=bowl of chips
orange juice
small chocolate Easter egg
2 slices cheese
2 jelly beans (because that was what was in the bag)

There were sweets, snacks, seconds, bad bad nutrition. What is wrong with me. I guess I said what the heck it's hopeless and ate the kitchen sink. I hate my job, my marriage is suffering and no matter what I do it doesn't seem like there is any hope. And food is my drug of choice. I am so mad at myself as I should be. I don't even like sweets that much and look at all that sugar. When I am wondering why I am so fat, this is why!

But what can I do but go on.

I will probably be stuffed until lunch or dinner tomorrow. But tomorrow I start again.

gettnbusy

Post by gettnbusy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:42 pm

You asked how I was doing... Not so good. It's not absolutely awful like before the plan - but not even close to hitting the mark. I also do not know wtf is up here with my brain. It seems to want to sabotage my efforts thus far.

Life change is very difficult to maintain. Even after the habit is engrained, old habitss die hard.

UGH - here is to a better day today!
~I'm still not perfect~
~Sophie~

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:37 pm

B=carls jr santa fe chicken sandwich
L=cheeseburger and 1/2 fries, ketchup, 2 pickle spears ice tea
D=none (ate too much yesterday)

Walk = the dog usual route. bought a darn pedometer and can't use it because it is too hard to program!!

planning what healthy homemade things to cook saturday so I don't eat out so much

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:45 am

amend to last post. i was a bit hungry so I did have dinner, instead of skipping dinner getting too hungry and binging at 10:00 at night.

7:30 a.m. carls jr. santa fe chicken sandwich

12:00 cheeseburger, 1/2 order fries, ketchup, pickles, ice tea no sugar

7:20 vegetarian pasta, broccoli, pea/carrot/corn medley all on one plate

walked: a little over 4 miles with the dog

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:37 pm

B=none (ate too much yesterday)
L=cheeseburger, fries, ketchup, ice tea (one plate)
D=pork loin, mashed potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower, cup of cabbage soup (all on one plate), I will put the cup of soup on the main plate, if I am not hungry I will skip dinner, but I probably will be hungry

Walk 4+ miles with the dog

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:11 am

amend to last post (Tuesday 3-27-07)

B=none (full from day before)
L=cheeseburger, 1/2 order fries, ketchup, ice tea (no sugar) one plate
D=one cup of cabbage and potato soup, 1 and a half slices of pork loin, spoonful of beet relish, mashed potatoes, broccoli/cauliflower/carrots, all on one plate even the soup

-feel full, but not stuffed, we will see how I feel tomorrow at breakfast, hopefully hungry

Walked 4+ miles with dog

joasia

Post by joasia » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:34 pm

Last alc. March 31, 2007, 245.5

Day One:
B=salami and cheese sandwich covered
L=bean rice and cheese burrito with hot sauce
D=chicken soft taco hot sauce

No walk

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:06 pm

B=grilled cheese sandwich
L=cheese sandwich, orange, carrot sticks
D=something on one plate

Walk dog 4 miles

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:26 pm

I think this is a great system. Especially if you are not sedentary or you can take your time taking the weight off. However, due to health reasons and because I have a 100 pounds to lose, I will be going back to Weight Watchers. I don't like WW, but I know it will take the weight off quickly. I plan to come back to NOS and try it for a maintenence plan. This was a hard decision. I hope to see you all in a year.

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:08 pm

Okay, I was emotional in the post above. I really don't want to leave. I just have to see the whole family at Easter and I don't want to spend the day hearing about my weight.

B=1/2 turkey and spinach sandwich
2 tangerines
L=cheeseburger and 1/2 the fries, ketchup, ice tea
D=small nachos, some mini chocolates (probably 8 or so)

Walk dog

242.5 this morning (we will see tomorrow)

want2bhealthy

hi mil

Post by want2bhealthy » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:59 pm

boy if you read my posts, i swear i am you. the post when you get emotional and feel you want to go to ww i have done that in my daily check in. saying you cant blame this plan, cause we arent following it like we should and the part where you said the rules are simple you dont know why you have to cheat, there should be no reason to cheat on this way of eating. i have said all those things. i have just started back on track today and i really cant leave anymore. i know you can either. i dont know about you but i am always hungry on ww and i cant stand having to count pts and all i did on ww was think about how many pts i had leftover for dinner, just thinking about food more when i was on ww. i hope you find your way. i know exactly what you are going through. hang in there.
man, i have tried EVERYTHING else, this has to be my last stop.
starting fresh july 1-09
wt 207

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:16 pm

I have no right to doubt a program I have not given 100% effort to. So tomorrow I start again. I will fight all neurotic doubts like hell. And maybe say a little prayer.

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:18 pm

P.S. and I will take one day at a time, not obsess about a week down the line.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:30 am

Don't get discouraged. Think of the starts and stops as practice. You can do this. :D

want2bhealthy

hi mil

Post by want2bhealthy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:33 pm

are you ready? well, i am again. i love the post where you said, how can you doubt a plan that you are not given 100% i totally agree and i do that too. so now we have to do this 100%. you can have a great day.!!!
starting fresh july 1-09
wt 207

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:03 pm

Okay, here is what I ate the day before day one:

B=macoroni and cheese
2 slices pizza

L=cheeseburger and onion rings, coke

D=2 chicken soft tacos
strawberry sundae McDonald's
I don't know if I snacked, I don't think so
Walked 2 times
about 8 miles

Ready for Day ONe!!

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:24 pm

B=1 hard boiled egg, 2 slices buttered toast, orange

L=2 croissants, turkey, lentil soup

D=big salad and orzo salad, roll, some sweets (a few bites)

walk 2x

probably ate too much but I am not giving up

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:31 am

Milcaz
I would not worry about eating too much (I don't think you did) as you kept to the 3 meals and did some exercise.

Look for the positive and try not to obsess over the little slips.

Together we can do this.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:08 pm

really struggling with personal issues, but I am doing nos regardless. actually lost my appetite for a few days.

want2bhealthy

Post by want2bhealthy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:46 pm

sorry you are struggling you must know all too well how i have struggled with this and i totally understand about wanting to do ww. go for it and i wish you luck. you know i almost did ww with no s, i was allowed 24 pts, if i was doing flex program so i thought i could just do 8 pts per meal. but of course if i got hungry in between i said oh i am on ww so i can have a snack and i started to just make it more complicated for myself . so i hope it works for you, and please check in and let me know.
starting fresh july 1-09
wt 207

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue May 08, 2007 2:30 pm

Breakfast: grilled cheese sandwich
Lunch: enchiladas, rice, salad with dressing
Dinner: soup and something on the plate

Walk 4 miles

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed May 16, 2007 10:37 pm

So......I have been up and down and back and forth and inside out and.....I am back where i started. That was a lot of grief for staying in the same place. I really want to get this habit down cold. And I am going to try less junk, because the stuff makes me lethargic.

Anyway, here is to the ugly today. Tomorrow I start over:

B=1/2 burrito, 1/2 a sub sandwich, orange juice, 3/4 another sandwich (it was big, i was stuffed)

-bag of chips, two mini snickers

L=2 slices pizza, big salad with ranch and croutons

-2 bags of chips, candy bar

D=none!

God I eat a lot of crappy junk. Enough. I will walk the dog tonight

The Preacher

Post by The Preacher » Thu May 17, 2007 1:32 pm

milczar - Do you have a support system to help you with you personal struggles? Do you have people you can lean on? Don't go through this alone. I've been to psychologists before. It was very helpful. I also take an anti-depressant. It is not a weakness to have problems. You will make it. You are strong. I have said a prayer for you. God bless you.
I hereby command you: Be strong and couragous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. -- Joshua 1:9

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue May 22, 2007 11:02 pm

ugly, ugly, ugly, but just can't give up. i have to realize that stress or no stress, I have to stick to these eating habits.

B=italian submarine sandwich, 1 ounce potato chips

S=slice of cake (stress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

S=peanut M&Ms

L=small burrito with ketchup, salad with ranch and crotouns, large orange juice

S=rice crispy treat

S=2 cheese sticks

D= none God willing, maybe some juice, at this point what does it matter?

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed May 23, 2007 4:24 am

oh, I ate like a pig and then ate dinner. I have to post this to lay this day to rest:

B=italian sub, 1oz chips

S=slice of cake

S=peanut M&Ms

L=burrito, ketchup, salad with ranch and croutons

S=rice crispy treat, large orange juice

S=2 cheese sticks

D=chicken sausage calzone, chips and salsa, 2 cheese sticks

I feel lethargic and sick. Tomorrow I start over, God willing.

No walk

want2bhealthy

Post by want2bhealthy » Wed May 23, 2007 7:28 pm

hi mil. i am so sorry you are still struggling. i am too,but i just started back today on this. i like you cant quit, this is the best eating plan ever. we have to make this work. hang in there.
starting fresh july 1-09
wt 207

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu May 24, 2007 2:00 pm

B=none

S=cracker jacks

S=lots of mini chocolates (about 10)

L=carl's jr santa fe chicken sandwich, criss cut fries, soda

S= 4 cheese sticks, orange juice

D=bean and cheese burrito, cheeseburger, fries, ice tea

Walked dog, eating horrible

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:41 pm

okay, I am going to give this two weeks and evaluate progress, without going hog wild on the weekends. If those two weeks go well (maintain or lose) I will do another two weeks. If not, it is WW for me. Here was the ugliness of yesterday:

B=Del taco macho combo burrito with three hot sauce packets
8 sweet tarts

S=junior mints, 7-up, licorice

L=chili cheese fries (big), ice tea

S=more junior mints and licorice and sweet tarts

D=grapefruit juice, big container noodles with pesto sauce, big kaiser roll, more than one plate =(

Did walk the dog about 4 miles, but with a sugar overload went to bed full.
Today I post day 1 of the above stated goal.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:15 pm

Keep up your resolve. Success will come!

This path is my life

Post by This path is my life » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:52 am

You can do it!!! Don't give up!!! No-S is the way... just think, at some point you're going to get tired of WW and come back to no-s and have so much more to make up (mentally and physically) than if you just had stuck it out with no-s WW is not sustainable, No S is. This is for the long haul. You'll get through this. You have so much support here on the board, it seems that you're going through a rough time now which makes everything in life difficult not just eating. But it will pass.. just give it time... Don't give up!! I'm rooting for you!!!
"There is no such thing as a bad choice, there is only the next choice"

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:10 pm

You guys are the best. I will not give up no matter how many times I have to start over. I know I look ridiculous, failing and failing, but I know this can work for me. I keep going back to WW, it Does not work. Because it is impossible to measure and weigh and count every bite everyday without going completely insane. And you are right, while I toy with WW, the months fly by. All the while I could be doing nos. Everyday it is the same thing: I start ww, then I fail, say what the heck, and binge. HELLO, it isn't working, why can't I see that. So here it goes again. Just nos and walking and I will see where it takes me.

At the end of today, I will post how it went.

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:44 pm

This morning wednesday 6-13-07: 247 DAY ONE

B=2 eggs over easy, 2 slices bacon, hash browns, 2 packets ketchup, 1 slice toast with margarine

L = 1 homemade stuffed cabbage roll (beef/turkey and rice, cabbage, tomato sauce), 1 2oz. slice oat bran bread with 1 tsp. butter, vegetable juice

D= tba

Walk the dog, if I feel okay (have a cold)

Yester day I failed. Because I felt full after lunch. So I started thinking it wouldn't work. then I counted points and I was over. So what did I do? pig out on cookies. Today I start over once again. Sigh..............

joasia

It begins again

Post by joasia » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:30 pm

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with sausage and onion, 2 slices buttered whole grain toast, tomatoes and onions

L: 1 or 2 slices of cheese, stuffed ravioli from trader joe's, a few chips and salsa

D: several bites of a twice baked potato, a few slices of steak, orange

walking: it is in the 90s/100 and humid, I slept in this morning, so no walk, if it is not too hot, I will try to walk around 7:00 tonight, if not, then tomorrow morning

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:12 pm

I know I look ridiculous, failing and failing
Never.

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:39 pm

B= cup of vegetable and noodle soup, slice of buttered bread, one egg

L=Really big ham and cheese sandwich on kaiser roll, buttered, cheese-its one package

D=one lean cuisine spaghetti with meat sauce, two slices of provolone cheese
few grapes

walk the dog

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:16 am

Still struggling, but not giving up. I keep toying with weight watchers because it promises quick results. But I just can't make myself be a full time calorie accountant. It is fine if you are home all the time, but what if you have to go out. Then it is hell!!!!!!!!!!!! Like this Friday I have a funeral. What am I going to take my scale and measuring cups? Ridiculous.

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:51 pm

Okay, God gives us a new day everyday so we can start over. Thank God. I was going to avoid a funeral today because I am fat, but I really wanted to go with my family. So I am not avoiding it. Any ideas for responses to rude people who feel the need to comment on your weight? Anyway, I am committed to having a NO S day. Wish me luck and a prayer.

B=none, stuffed from the day before

L=TBA (funeral)

D=TBA

Walk=TBA, depending on heat

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:07 pm

Yesterday started good. I had one plate of food. then the bread and butter called to me. then dessert. then wine. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. but I started today well. Even walked the dog this morning. patiently waiting for lunch.

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:26 pm

The sanity of this plan can not be beat. Every time I try to go back to WW, I realize that it is not going to work. I fail on WW before I start. Because how do you eat at restaurants and social gatherings? NO more. So here is Monday, and here I go again. God willing, no more toying with other plans. Going through major life stress, but I know that regardless my weight and health must come first. So far so good:

B=two slices pizza from last night (one plate) 8:15 a.m.

L=tba

D=tba

when eating out, I thought I was loosely sticking to three plates. Wrong. What about the bread and butter, the salad, the bites off of other people's plates. the soda . the bite of dessert. it all adds up!

want2bhealthy

Post by want2bhealthy » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:16 pm

hi mil thats the spirit, i just responded to you in my daily check in, but thought i would come in here and give you some encouragement. we sound so much alike, that it is easy to talk to you. seems like we are in the exact same place right now, i am also under some family stress right now. i also do the ww thing and fail right after breakfast and for the same reason you do.

i mean really , what are you supposed to do at restaurants and family gatherings, holidays, vacations? i mean i am sure people plan ahead and can do ww and dont let those occasions interfere with their plan, but i cant! we both need to stick with no s. we can do this. i am soooooooo done quitting and thinking i can do another plan. well i am going on vacation till friday, i will do my best to stay on no s. i dont want to make these "special days" cause i know i will want to make the weekend s days. hang in there, i will try too!! again thanks for the support.
starting fresh july 1-09
wt 207

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:22 pm

Any program that requires counting, weighing, or measuring is bound to fail. And, it causes misery during and after. Ditto for any program that eliminates entire food groups. "S" stands for both "sane" and "successful" and, with this understanding, every day is an S-day for us!

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:53 am

Tuesday, july17

B=cheese sandwich (two slices white bread, buttered) juice, cherries

L=pork loin roast, mashed potatoes with butter, coleslaw, vegetables roasted with olive oil

D=nachos, chocolate pudding

no walk

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:54 am

B=cheese sandwich, cherries, juice

L=cheeseburger, fries, ketchup

D=mac and cheese, chips and dip

Walked the dog

joasia

Post by joasia » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:16 pm

B=two fish tacos with hot sauce

L=slice of pizza

D=two chicken soft tacos with hot sauce and french fries

no walk

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:04 pm

Has anybody been to a restaurant called the Claim Jumper? The portions there are HUGE. Enough for three or four people. And they come on PLATTERS not plates. You know the kind of platter that serves a whole table family-style? Lots of leftovers. I asked for a normal plate and put some food on it, took the rest home.

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:14 pm

Walked the dog more that 3 miles

B=two slices oat bran bread, butter, cheese, tomatoes, onion, few slices mango

L=lentil soup, chicken off a skewer, vegetables, rice

D=tba

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:47 pm

Working hard or hardly working. Here are some goals for me:

1) cut out alcohol, I have been overdoing it
2) walk every day I can
3)stick to nos
4)pray that I can do this with little support and bad times in life right now

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:37 pm

Still really struggling. I just can't make myself go back to WW, so I am trying hard to stick to this. I feel that I overate, but I stuck to three meals. So we will see:

B=chicken gyro, 1oz. dorritos

L=2 big bowls of homemade cream of tomato soup with noodles

D=a slice of cheese, chips and dip, raw vegetables and dip (I think one plate)

I will try harder tomorrow, done eating for today.

walked
no alc.
WI:255

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:32 am

Good luck Milczar!!!!!!!
Keep at it!!!
Hope you had a good day today!
Peace and Love,
8) Debs x
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:50 pm

I keep going off and on the plan. Not good. It is Monday. I will stick to 3 plates a day and that is it.

B=vegetable omlet (how the hell do you spell omlet?), breakfast potatoes, 1 slice bread with butter, water- all on one plate

L=tba

d=tba

no walk today

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:09 pm

B=can of campbell's soup double chicken noodle
one hot dog with mustard and ketchup

S= Failure: 3-4 chocolate ho hos

L=mushroom burger with cheese, potato salad, cup of split pea soup

D=none

no walk

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:49 pm

Yesterday was ugly.

B=1 can campbell's double noodle soup, 1 hot dog w/bun and ketchup and mustard

S=3 or 4 chocolate ho hos

L=mushroom burger w/cheese, cup of split pea soup, potato salad

S=2 slices pizza

D=KFC chicken breast, potaoes and gravy, corn on the cob, biscuit, raspberry ice tea (sweet)

without the two snacks and sugary drink, it would have probably been a nos day. I will try again today.

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:54 pm

walked the dog 3.5 to 4 miles. wi: 256.5

B=vegetable and cheese omlette, potatoes, one slice buttered sourdough toast, ketchup, (one plate) 8:20 a.m.

L=tba

D=tba

I will stick to three plates if it kills me and I will pray that this works. Because God knows the thought of going back to weight watchers is horrible. I am going on vacation for three days next week. How do you do WW on vacation? Close to impossible. And I refuse to take a food scale with me and feel like a complete freak weighing my food in a restaurant, pretending that my friend doesn't feel silly being seen with me.

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:33 pm

I am starting to think this only works if you eat mostly "whole foods". People who have had success here eat pretty healthy stuff. Like oatmeal for lunch (Reinhard). I am not writing it off though. I will keep trying. Going on vacation for 4 days. I will try to stick with three plates a day.

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:36 pm

Hi Milczar,

I just read through your posts and I wanted to tell you not to feel alone because I'm going through a similar battle. Every single day this week I binged. I am absolutely determined to make today good. I have never done weight watchers but I'm a certified calorie counter. I think it can work but there are way too many decisions to make, and too easy to let yourself say "oh I can afford a tiny bedtime snack" which turns (for me) into a binge usually.

I'm back at No S for the same reasons you are still doing it. I don't think you need to worry about not succeeding because you dont eat all whole foods. It's really not necessary. Meals need only to be balanced and satisfying in my opinion. Grab a fruit and stick it with each meal, even if its french fries and a hamburger. I'm not one to talk, but always aim to throw veggies into lunch and dinner. Or make one meal your "healthy" meal - like breakfast is oatmeal made with milk, sprinkle some brown sugar on it and fruit. Go ahead and have something more sinful for lunch and a regular dinner of meat, carb and veggie.

I know this is all stuff you know, but if you do it one day, you find it translates into the next day. I have to put away the scale because it was causing me to overeat out of frustration. I had lost a few lbs this summer and am gaining it back. So, together, lets conquer this.

One day at a time. I have yet to be successful for over a week now. Just.Need.To.Get.Through.Today.

Take care hun

kymm

Post by kymm » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:06 pm

:wink: I have been eating what I want but sticking to the plan and I have still lost a little weight ...keep up the good work and have fun with it ..
Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

-Jim Ryun

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:06 pm

Well I guess if I fall 1,000 times and rise 1,001 times I have succeeded.

B=One bagel, split in half, half with cream cheese, half with mayo, roast beef, cheese, and tomato

L=tba

D=tba

Walk=none

I may check in after each meal today

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:09 pm

On the homepage, Reinhard says something about sticking to this for 6 months and seeing if you don't lose a significant amount of weight. Then you can cry genetics. I am determined to try this. My mom, grandmother, and great grandmother all struggled with being fat. So they cry genetics. But I didn't start having weight problems until I was 20/22 years old. Surely, if it was genetic, I would have been a fat kid. So I start again:

B=1 hard boiled egg, one large buttered toast, vegetable juice

L=tba

D=tba

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:28 pm

8/27/07 win: 262 =(

B=2 slices white bread, 3 slices american cheese, one big bowl split pea soup

L=chips, canned fruit, grapefruit juice (more than a glass I think)

D= spaghetti with tomato sauce and cheese, grapefruit juice

I didn't keep great track today. But it was not horrible, I think. I have to start walking, it has been in the 100s so I have not been. For sure tomorrow morning when I get up at 5:30a.m.

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:31 pm

So far so good.

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:37 pm

ugly ugly day:

B=3 eggs over easy, 2 slices buttered toast, hash browns, sausage, ketchup, orange juice (didn't eat all the sausage or hash browns)

S=cheetos
S=M&Ms
S=more chocolate

L=cafeteria lunch yuck, ham and cheese thing, salad with ranch and cheese

D=chili tamale, fries, sweet ice tea

lots of junk and no vegetables, shame on me, start again tomorrow. 100 degree weather, no walking. I feel awful after eating all this crap.

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:01 pm

still struggling. But trying. Because i really want it to work.

B= none
L=cheeseburger, fries, ketchup, ice tea
D=we'll see

going to try to take a walk, haven't in a while so it will be shorter. don't want to over do it.

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:14 pm

Saturday, Oct. 20, 2007
I really keep going back and forth. And to be honest, I know I can't stick with WW, but I am skeptical about this system, although I haven't really given it a fair shot. Prescription for failure anyone? Maybe I want an excuse, not a solution? Anyway, I need to just go ahead and do it while I wait to see if I want to do it, if that makes any sense. And why not start today? On a totally unrelated note. I saw my mom reading yet another diet book today. And I thought to myself, this woman has been reading diet books for about 25 years. And has struggled with her weight that long as well. I really would love to break the cycle, rather than go on another diet myself.

B=none, drank and ate way too much yesterday

L=tba

D=tba

no walk
no alcohol

joasia

Post by joasia » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:30 pm

YEsterday was ugly S day with too much wine.

-2 desserts

-2 or more snacks

-dinner

-more dinner

appetizers
plus nibbling while cleaning up

today is a new day

joasia

Post by joasia » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:30 pm

i can be moderate ican i can i can