Intro

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

JCS60

Intro

Post by JCS60 » Wed May 04, 2005 12:57 pm

Hello,

My wife & I started the NoSDiet today. I'm 44 & she's 36. I workout with kettlebells ( www.dragondoor.com ) & she does a combination of Pilates, calisthenics & dumbell work. We're looking forward to permanently changing our eating habits rather than "dieting". That's why the NSD seemed so logical. It has a high "why didn't I think of that" factor. :)

Jay

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu May 05, 2005 11:48 am

Welcome, Jay (and wife). Kettlebells are very shovelglove-like, from what I understand. They'll go great with the NoSDiet. As for high "why didn't I think of that factor," I'm still amazed I got to it first. Keep us posted.

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue May 10, 2005 3:10 pm

Hi Jay, wanted to join in welcoming you here! I checked out your kettlebell site, I had never heard of them before now. They are pretty cool looking!
I am glad you and your wife are looking for a lifestyle change, not a calorie/food group/etc restricting diet, as so many of us have been through in the past (some of us have been there SEVERAL times). I often think the cycle of deprivation and binging is what really got my weight up there more than anything (before I started the diet-go-round, I was actually looking great, but not like those model-type in magazines, so I thought at the time I was "fat").
Anyway, welcome to you and your wife!
Beth
Mom to Nathan and Jessica, born 04/20/2004