First Post - 8th Month

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Catbert

First Post - 8th Month

Post by Catbert » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:08 pm

Howdy Folks!

Even though this is my first post, I've been NoSing for about 8 months and I LOVE it! :P The long and short of it is - About a year ago I decided I need to do something to get in better shape, so I started doing some walking (health limitations prevent me from doing much else) and that helped some - I even dropped a few pounds. Unfortunately my elbow was still bending more than my feet were walking!

My Doctor said "eat more protein", my friends said "eat more (smaller) meals", yada-yada-yada - we've heard it all before haven't we? Then last November I came across the NoS diet website and WOW it hit me like a brick between the eyes -- I can do this! My only concern was that it was 2 weeks before Thanksgiving! Yikes! Right before the Holiday Grind! I was either setting myself up for great success or dismal failure.

Well folks! It's been a success! I had to pray my way through a lot of temptations :D , but I got through and to-date I've lost approx. 20 pounds! (From about 165 to 143 - still got a ways to go :) )

I hope this encourages others to stick with it! I'm not perfect, I cheat occasionally :oops: and I've had my peeks, valleys and plateaus - but it's been worth it and for me this is a lifetime thing.

See you around the message board!

Blessings,
CB

peetie

Post by peetie » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:42 pm

Hi Catbert - So glad you finally decided to post to us! I have been yacking away here since Day 1, so glad to have you here to add your 2 cents. Although your post is definitely worth more than that!

I feel the same way you do. This is something I can see doing for life, not just til I lose a few pounds. I am finally done with the quick fixes and want a way to live enjoyably and healthfully.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Peetie

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:04 pm

Catbert, the strong silent type!

Thanks for the encouragement. Your experience is impressive!

(Cute kitty, too!)
Chance favors the prepared. - Louis Pasteur

Catbert

Post by Catbert » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:45 pm

HA! My husband got a belly laugh out of that one!

Silent I am NOT! :D Actually I tell anyone who asks or will listen (or who I have cornered :wink: ) about NoS! I just haven't got into this kind of thing in the past (when I said this was my "First Post" I meant EVER, ANYWHERE!). I hope to change that though. This really seems to be a great place to get and give encouragement.
CB
Keeping this all in perspective...
For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. --I Timothy 4: 8 (NIV)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:53 pm

Catbert, congratulations and thanks for mustering up the courage to post "for the first time anywhere" here. I know that these bulletin boards can be weird and intimidating when you're not in the habit, but it's such a huge help for beginners to see that people have successfully stuck with it that, for their sakes, it's worth overcoming these reservations. I hope you'll continue to post every now and then. Long term diet success is so rare -- it's the most interesting and useful kind of message that one could possibly post here. Even status quo is newsworthy at this point, and the longer it continues, the more so.

Ariel King

Post by Ariel King » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:56 pm

Wow Catbert, congrats on your long-term NoS success! Thanks for speaking up and providing such a good example. And what an adorable avatar!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:29 pm

Wow, Catbert! You are an inspiration to those of us who are comparative newbies! I love the Bible verse you quoted! I hope you will continue to post often.

Jan