I'm New! Wish me luck.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

corey

I'm New! Wish me luck.

Post by corey » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:44 pm

Hello all, I have wanted a diet like the nosdiet but just didn't realize it till I read it. I started on Tuesday, it's now Friday and I have not had any snacks, sweets or seconds! I know that this is still my first week and I didn't really of a whole week but I wanted to start right away. I feel better already, I haven't had a soda in 3 days and I feel a lot better, I was drink about 2 a day and then a sobe juice, so far I have had water, black coffee and tea (nothing in it but ice) and my regular meals. I also had the energy to exercise this morning. I was tired after it but I have had some energy today that I usually would get from coffee or soda. I keep asking myself "self? Is it really this easy?" Any input from you would be appreciated. -Corey :)

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:15 am

Hi Corey. Welcome!

Yes, it really is that easy. Crazy huh???? I had a few false starts but now I'm in the mindset at day 40 and I can tell you that you will love it.

I agree with Reinhard (obviously!!) that it actually gets easier the longer you do NoS. That is the complete opposite of "diets" which get harder as you feel deprived.

Best of luck, and post often.

Dru

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:54 am

Welcome!

I have to honestly say that this is the best "diet" around. It is simply training yourself to eat "normally". I have been doing it for about a month, and even though I am still struggling a little in the sweets department, I am no longer overeating at mealtime. Even though I occasionally slip during the week and have a sweet, I usually only eat one as opposed to cleaning out the cabinets like I would have done in the past. I think you are really going to be suprised by how easy this really is.

Glad you are aboard! 8)
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

peetie

Post by peetie » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:11 am

Corey,
I just finished 5 days of nos and am looking forward to my s week-end. Not feeling like I'm going to binge because I've been well fed all week. No need to!

And I like what Reinhard said about thinking about "rewards" for the week end. This is way different than willy nilly unhealthy eating.

I think you're going to love this.....I know I do!

Peetie

Rumba

Post by Rumba » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:17 am

Hey corey,
I started out exactly the way you did, stuck strictly to the rules from day one. I'm now in about 5 weeks, and yes it has been easy the entire way, right from the first day.

I hope it goes as well for you. Let us know how you do over the weekend. I was afraid I would pig out, but in fact I found after No-S all week, all I really wanted were a couple of moderate indulgences on the weekend. What a relief after all of the diet struggles over the years!

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:52 am

What they said.

Welcome. 8)

corey

Thanks for the words of encouragement!!!

Post by corey » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:22 pm

Thank you all! This is my first S day, and it's 6am, I am going to go walking for I don't own a sledgehammer, I feel a bit stiff from my exersice yesterday, so just work out a few of the kinks. I don't think I will over indulge today, but I will see for sure at the end of the day. I don't expect I will, I do miss Mt. Dew a little so I may have ONE over the weekend as a reward. Again I thank you all for the warm welcome and I will posting often.

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:48 pm

Corey -- welcome! I have found that a way to avoid snacking is to get up and go for a brisk walk. Peps up your mind, knocks back hunger, burns calories all at the same time!
Chance favors the prepared. - Louis Pasteur

corey

Post by corey » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:04 pm

Sounds like a great soulution, I have been drinking alot more water! I find that I do like water after all! =)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:38 pm

Welcome, corey. Happy your first N and S days have been going well. You are right to think in terms of "reward" on S-days. Don't begrudge yourself a treat because you want to be extra virtuous. That's diet hubris. Reward is a necessary part of the system, it doesn't just reward virtue, it is a virtue. Without it, you'll feel resentful, and wind up opportunistically eating more of what you want less.

corey

Post by corey » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:21 pm

Thank you Reinhard, I fully agree! And yes I did reward myself and now it's monday so it's back to the diligent work of teaching myself this great new habbit and my rewards will come this weekend
I started this diet because I see the result of overeating everyday, it's an epidemic, I have been infected, and this is the antidote.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:32 pm

Welcome, Corey! Yes, it really is easy, and it gets easier as the weeks roll by. Glad you're here!