Proposal for two new shovelglove forums

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
reinhard
Site Admin

Proposal for two new shovelglove forums

Post by reinhard » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:27 pm

My preference is not to fragment these forums too much, but I think it would make sense to add a new forum specifically dedicated to moves and possibly another for routines (combinations of moves, workout times and days, etc.). These are two subjects that come up a lot, and it would be nice to consolidate them each in one place. I've been poring through "general discussion" to update the movements page, and am finding it far slower going than I'd anticipated. While I'll still keep gathering moves to the movements page, it would be nice if bulletin board members didn't have to wait for me in order to add new moves to a conspicuous and focused registry.

I'll start with a movements forum and see how that goes before adding another one for routines. What I'll to, if people think this is a good idea, is to "seed" the movements forum with a post for each existing "canonical" move (and the few non-canonical) one's I've fished out from general discussion so far. If you have questions or comments about any of these moves, just update the discussion for it. If you have a new move, add a new discussion (preferably with the name of your new move in the title). Ideally there will be just one discussion thread per move that everyone adds to, but it's no tragedy if a little bit of redundancy creeps in (it'll certainly be better than the status quo of total chaos. We can cross reference new redundant and older discussion threads from the main discussion for each move. I'll also link to the discussion for each move from the official movement pages to nudge people towards the main one.

This will be a little like having a "wikkipedia" for shovelglove moves, as was suggested a while back, but without having to set up yet another login systems and introducing other additional complexity.

Any thoughts?

Reinhard

Chris Graeme

Post by Chris Graeme » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:18 pm

That sounds like a good idea to me

BTW have I missed something? All your youtube videos seem to have disappeared?

Chris

Chris Graeme

Post by Chris Graeme » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:23 pm

Panic over - I found the videos

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:16 pm

Panic over - I found the videos
I'm glad! I panicked for a moment too before I scrolled down.

Glad you think the new forums are a good idea. I think I'll take the plunge tommorrow.

Reinahrd