Shoveling

Here you'll find a discussion thread for each of the canonical and major non-canonical shovelglove moves. If you have questions or comments about any of these moves, just update the existing discussion for it. If you have a new move, add a new discussion (preferably with the name of your new move in the title). Ideally there will be just one discussion thread per move that everyone adds to, but it's no tragedy if a little bit of redundancy creeps in.
reinhard
Site Admin

Shoveling

Post by reinhard » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:38 pm

Post any questions/comments/concerns you have about this move here.

See also: http://shovelglove.com/movements/shovel/

urbansix

Post by urbansix » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:44 am

I came up with a variation during "freestyle". Wasn't sure where to put it - I think of it as tossing hay, shoveling in a deep trench. It's basically a normal shovel scoop, but then you "toss" it 180 degrees across your body plane, and high. Left handed would be: bend down and scoop near your left foot, then twist upper body to toss imaginary dirt or hay above right shoulder (where right shoulder would be if standing at ease), with full extension of left arm. You get a full torso twist working core muscles, and it feels good to stretch yourself out.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:44 pm

Sounds like a good variant. There's a lot you can do with this move.

My shoveling tends to mimic more or less exactly snow shoveling -- which is about the only kind I actually do in real life, so I guess it's good to prepare for it. :-)

Reinhard