Tuesday success day

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

tapper47

Tuesday success day

Post by tapper47 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:57 pm

Yesterday was the Thanksgivng lunch at work. Turkey, ham, all the fixings.

The plates were small so I had to stack. I had one teensy piece of pumpkin pie but I still consider yesterday a successful N day because it was a gathering of all the employees.

And actually I always only eat the smallest amount of sweets because sweets are not my problem.

My problem is bread, potatoes, and all those yummy starches.

It's going well this time and I feel great.

My watch is too big.
Happily eating 3 times a day

kccc

Post by kccc » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:11 pm

Good luck, Tapper!

I found last year that No-S really helped with the holidays. Sticking to "one plate" (other than T-day proper) but not having to count calories was refreshing. I could have some of what I wanted and not feel either deprived or constantly over-stuffed.

Of course, since it was starchier/fattier food, I just held steady for the holidays. But that's MUCH better than gaining, which is more the norm.

tapper47

Post by tapper47 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:43 pm

You bet.

My goal during the holiday season is to at least maintain. Losing would be even better but, I'm not going to freak out about it.

My shoes are flopping off.
Happily eating 3 times a day

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:13 pm

That's a good goal, tapper47. The holidays are like the Russian winter that defeated Napoleon and Hitler.

Dig in and hold your positions, that's the best you can do. Just by maintaining you'll be zipping past most other people.

Happy Stalingrad!

Reinhard