Intro/First day

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ScrappinTay

Intro/First day

Post by ScrappinTay » Wed May 11, 2005 6:02 pm

Hello,today is my first day of trying this. I read about NO S a long time ago but didnt follow it and went about my usual bad habits,also joining weight watchers in between. I stumbled across this again and now am ready to try it again. I had breakfast so far and I am already hungry for lunch and it is barely 11 am,lol. What did some of you do your first days to avoid hunger?

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed May 11, 2005 7:37 pm

Welcome, ScrappinTay. The main trick is give yourself very big firsts until you get the calibration down. Much better to overeat a little starting out and build proper meal habits than starve yourself into breaking down. After every successful day you can reduce the portion size a bit until you reach the right balance. It sounds tricky, but you'll get amazingly good at eyeballing the right amount after a while.

ScrappinTay

Post by ScrappinTay » Wed May 11, 2005 7:44 pm

Thank you for the help. So far I made it through 2 meals,lol. Not saying much but hey,ya got to start somewhere,right? My worry is for between lunch and dinner,that is a longer stretch,EEEK!!