Metronome move

Here you'll find a discussion thread for each of the canonical and major non-canonical shovelglove moves. If you have questions or comments about any of these moves, just update the existing discussion for it. If you have a new move, add a new discussion (preferably with the name of your new move in the title). Ideally there will be just one discussion thread per move that everyone adds to, but it's no tragedy if a little bit of redundancy creeps in.
Murphysraven

Metronome move

Post by Murphysraven » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:00 pm

I was playing around with a new move in my routine tonight, as was wondering what other people thought about it.

I call it Metronome since in my mind it resembles the movement of the old timepiece.

I hold the shovelglove, with the weight up, my hands close together on the handle, about 1/3 of the way from the top.

This is not a move to be done fast! It should be slow and controlled. moving the weight to one side and them back to the other. I find it difficult since you have to make sure the sledgehammer doesn't lean to far to either side or forwards/backwards.

Not sure if this move would be beneficial to any muscle groups that aren't already worked by other moves, but its certainly different.

Feedback appreciated
When I asked for all things, so that I may enjoy Life, I was given Life, so that I may enjoy all things.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:48 pm

Murphysraven,

I like it... I've done similar things from time to time. A similar "challenge" that I occasionally give myself is to see how long I can simply hold the hammer above my shoulders, in whatever positions I please, moving or not moving. It's surprisingly difficult. Sort of like a boxer keeping his guard up for several rounds (except harder).

Reinhard