Just Started

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

paladn

Just Started

Post by paladn » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:14 pm

OK, I am ready to succeed. I have attempted dozens of diets in my life and I am ready to turn the corner and succeed.

Any assistance/encouragement would be appreciated. :oops:

freegirlnow

Post by freegirlnow » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:59 pm

I am just starting too... my motto is "Embrace Change....sometimes we need to begin again." It's never too late to do the right thing...for ourselves. Simplicity is definitly the theme here....I am reminding myself to keep it simple, plan ahead and don't obsess. :D
"Sometimes we need to begin again, to become more fully alive, to realize ourselves"

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:11 pm

Welcome paladn, freegirlnow!

Best of luck and keep us posted. Don't hesitate to ask for help or encouragement if you run into trouble.

Reinhard

freegirlnow

Thanks for the encouragement....

Post by freegirlnow » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:52 pm

I have taken to checking -in. I think this is a great incemtive and reading the other posts is helpful in realizing we are all just human. So, Day 5 and doing great! This is the answer to a lifetime of dieting/failing. Thank you for this ingeniously simple solution to self control! :D

Susan
"Sometimes we need to begin again, to become more fully alive, to realize ourselves"

chiquitabanana

Post by chiquitabanana » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:02 am

Good luck to you. I am in the same boat just starting. I think if we just think of our health first everything else like weight loss will fall into place. Just take it one day at a time.
Heath starts in our heart and mind.

freegirlnow

Post by freegirlnow » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:42 am

Welcome to No S-ing! Great advice. One day at a time and even sometimes one hour at a time. :!: I find using the daily check-in forum helps immensely. Also, I just keep reminding myself when tempted...that indulging and over eating are no kindness towards myself. Good luck!

kotcherd

I'm new at this too.

Post by kotcherd » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:29 am

I've done only 3 N days, but I know this is going to work. The concept of the "Empty Plate" meaning "I'm done" is simple but amazingly powerful. There is always another plate to look forward to in a few hours. I'm impressed with how good food tastes when there are boundaries. Let's keep going.

Jillio

Re: I'm new at this too.

Post by Jillio » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:38 pm

kotcherd wrote:I've done only 3 N days, but I know this is going to work. The concept of the "Empty Plate" meaning "I'm done" is simple but amazingly powerful. There is always another plate to look forward to in a few hours. I'm impressed with how good food tastes when there are boundaries. Let's keep going.
This is me, exactly. It also is a great feeling to actually think about what I WANT to eat instead of 'how many points can I afford to spend on this meal and still have enough for later'. To just think about what food actually sounds delicious and filling....wow, what a concept. :)

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:22 pm

Welcome.
My recommendation is to take it one meal at a time. Heck one houre at a time like freegirlnow said! If I get snacky, I look at the clock and see that maybe it's just an hour and a half till supper, which really isn't that far off.

Sometimes it's ok to be a little hungry :)

Good luck in your journey to success!!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18