You've long admired her feet...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

reinhard
Site Admin

You've long admired her feet...

Post by reinhard » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:29 pm

...on April 7, you'll finally get a chance to behold the rest of her -- when our very own Blondie will grace the cover of Woman's World magazine for a story on the No S Diet.

The story will also include interviews with (and photos of, I believe?) two other longtime no-essers: Josie and Silverfish.

I haven't seen it yet, but the Woman's World editor told me she'll have a jpeg of the cover that I can post on the site. Once I get that I'll start harassing her about possibly getting a copy of the article itself. Stay tuned...

Women's World has a circulation of about 1.5 million (more than the New Yorker, Self, and Vogue, among others), so more people will probably see this article than have EVER come to the site so far.

This is a huge deal for no-s, and I'm deeply grateful to Blondie, Josie, Silverfish, and everyone else who submitted photos and stories (back story here) -- I got a crate of advance No S Diet books last week and will be sending your signed copies out this weekend. THANK YOU!

Reinhard
Last edited by reinhard on Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:38 am

The nice thing about Woman's World is that it is located at the checkout in every grocery store and Walmart in the country. What great exposure! Congratulations!

Marick

Post by Marick » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:26 am

This is wonderful news Reinhard, congratulations to you!

I love Woman's World. I have the honorable distinction of buying every one of their copies that contains a new diet......and that's every single issue (oh no I'm just kidding about the "every" but I've sure bought my share).

The next issue will be my favorite, that's for sure!

Regards,
Marick
If I don't keep track, I lose track.

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:48 pm

Reinhard, Congratulations.
You must be so proud!
You have really dedicated yourself and your time to helping others find sanity in eating and you truly deserve this.
I got my book in the mail.
LOVED IT!
Congrats again and thanks!

Will the magazine come out April 7th or is that the date on the mag?
I think the magazine actually comes out earlier than the dates printed on the cover....

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:49 pm

I forgot to add...congrats Blondie!

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:42 pm

Thanks.
*waves

8)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:52 am

This is fantastic!!! :D
I can't wait to see it and I am so glad you will be getting such widespread exposure!!!!
Love
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:15 pm

I believe the date is April 14 but it'll appear in stores April 7th.

Very happy you liked the book!

I know the book hasn't even officially been out a full day yet, but if there are any fast readers among you who want to be the first to write a review on amazon, I'd hugely appreciate it!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... aysyste-20

Reinhard

silverfish

Post by silverfish » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:13 am

Yes, there will be photos - at least, some were taken :)

It is one of my policies this year to Not Be Embarrassed (much), so that was put to the test while I was having photos taken in front of the lounge room cabinet and all my housemates, who had been watching the tv inside it, were still sitting around watching me pose! Also, my zipper broke, but I still managed to be pretty cool and the photographer ended up staying afterwards to watch Top Gear!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:07 pm

I can't wait to see it! (and you all!)

Unfortunately the Woman's World editor just emailed me that they won't be able to release the cover image until it hits the newsstand. So I'll have to distract myself till april 7th hitting reload on amazon and obsessing over my "sales rank" :-)

Actually, supposedly the LA Times is going to mention No-s in an article on "hot diet books" on March 10, so I'll have *something* to feed my newly frenzied media appetite in the interim. :-)

Reinhard

chiquitabanana

Post by chiquitabanana » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:12 pm

I cannot wait to get the issue in April. How exciting for you. What a gift you have given people.
Heath starts in our heart and mind.

lmt2pt

Post by lmt2pt » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:06 pm

I'll be eagerly awaiting the article. I can't wait to see other successful No Sers. I hope you post a link to the LA Times article too (it's hard to get here in rural Florida).
Heather

joasia

question

Post by joasia » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:37 pm

someone said it was out today, but it isn't april yet?
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:44 pm

No.....?! Suddenly I'm mortified!!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:06 pm

I'm pretty sure it's not out yet.... if someone does see it, please let me know!

The editor promised me a cover image I could post here and I want to make sure I get it as soon as it's available.

Reinhard

arl0401

Post by arl0401 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:59 pm

I just picked up a copy here in the Baltimore suburbs!!! Very nice. Very exciting! I liked the article. Short and simple, kind of like the diet. The headline says, No Willpower No Problem!! I don't know that I agree with that. It does take some willpower to stick to No-S.

Congratulations, Reinhard!
Anne

lostnfound

Post by lostnfound » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:00 am

I was in Walmart yesterday and just happened to see Woman's World while standing in the check-out line. Bought it because of your article...never heard of No-S Diet until yesterday and already I am excited and telling my friends about this great new way of losing weight and getting healthy again! :D

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:19 am

reinhard wrote:The editor promised me a cover image I could post here and I want to make sure I get it as soon as it's available.

Reinhard
Is there any chance that the publishers might be persuaded to let you post the article (or a link to it) on the website? I can't get the magazine in the UK, and there must be a lot of other NoSers in the same position.

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:41 pm

Wow, so it's on the stands? I don't want to see... :shock:

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:06 pm

The eagle has landed.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:33 pm

I've been looking around for it for a few days now when I'm out shopping.
Haven't yet seen one??
Glad the word (and I'm sure sweet pic of Blondie girl!!) will be spread to a large audience!!!
Bless
8) Debs

ToutDeSuite

Newbie to No S Diet

Post by ToutDeSuite » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:08 pm

Hi gang,

I picked up a copy of Woman's World yesterday and today is my first day on No S. It's a lot like what I did to lose a lot of weight a few years ago, but then got caught up in a lose it fast mentality and sabotaged my efforts! Well, it's time to get back to losing.

With the publicity your membership should grow exponentially, Reinhard!
Never start a diet you can't live with the rest of your life.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:51 pm

Behold Mandy (aka Blondie)!

http://nosdiet.com/images/womans-world- ... -cover.jpg

(You look STUNNING -- thank you so much again for doing this.)

"No willpower? No problem!" is not quite the headline I would have picked, but I'll choose to look at it as an oversimplification (clear rules leverage limited willpower to build self sustaining habits) rather than a falsehood. Can't whine about free publicity.

I wish I could post the article itself... There's some standard dietese about "melting flab" and "dropping pounds" (some of which unaccountably found its way into direct quotes!) but the basic tenets and appeal of the diet come through. It's a fully two page spread with a picture of the book and a prominent link to the website. There's also a very nice picture of the lovely Silverfish -- right next to FIVE HOLLYWOOD ACTRESSES who unbeknownst to me (or themselves, probably) have been incorporating elements of no-s into their fabulous lifestyles.

Reinhard

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:57 pm

Welcome, ToutDeSuite! The day's barely begun and I think we're close to our record for daily new members already. I think it's only going to increase as we approach the 7th (I hadn't expected anything before the 7th --the issue is dated the 14th).

Reinhard

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:26 pm

By the way, I totally don't think this picture looks like me--I feel like the make-up looks caked on and gave me wrinkles!! My coworker busted into my office with all the copies from the gift shop, and I gave him a bemused smile and said, "oh, that's the wrong issue, that's not me...oh, wait...wow, that IS me!"

I think the article got the spirit of No S mostly right, though with a little irritating "miracle diet" flavor thrown in (including some vaguely misquoted statements by me, which I could feel happening at the time of the interview!).

What I found interesting is that there is no mention of NWS days (althought one of the celebs hints at it--Jessica Biel maybe?).

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:42 pm

Jessica Biel, Patron Celebrity of "special" days :-)

Alas, I think you'd have to do some kind of "bible code" interpretation of her words to arrive at that.

Oh well, gotta leave SOMETHING for us to educate people about here.

Reinhard

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:00 pm

reinhard wrote:FIVE HOLLYWOOD ACTRESSES
Reinhard
Congratulations, Reinhard, Blondie and Silverfish!

Who are the FIVE HOLLYWOOD ACTRESSES, then?

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:35 pm

Sandra Bullock, Angie Harmon, Drew Barrymore, Debi Mazar (?), and Jessica Biel.

Drew Barrymore's thing is fake sugar, though.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:13 pm

Wow Mandy you look amazing!!!!!!!!
Great pic and really good and positive vibes come through in your face!!!
You will definitely help people who are on the fence to check out NoS lookin like you do here!!!
Great smile!!!!! :mrgreen:

Love
8) Debs x :D

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:15 pm

Mandy, you really do look *amazing*-very inspiring!! I can't wait to get a copy of this myself!
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

lola628

Congratulations....

Post by lola628 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:14 pm

on your WW's article. Prepare for the deluge!

Your plan sounds fantastic (and so simple, yeah!) I'm going to try it, I love the idea of no snacking (guilty), no seconds (guilty guilty) and no sugar (don't ask.) I'm also contemplating a sledge hammer purchase, thankfully I have no cats to kill.

Reinhard, you crack me up.

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:35 pm

Thanks, Deb (good to see you around here!!), jaxhil and Too Solid Flesh (and Reinhard).

I took all the copies my coworker gave me and hid them. And I haven't told my family. Ha. I'm a dork, but I'm embarassed!

Jesseco

Post by Jesseco » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:50 pm

Blondie, you are absolutely lovely! You should frame the cover and hang it up. And if I were your mom or sister, I'd be mad if I couldn't have some copies, too!

navin

Post by navin » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:20 pm

Agreed with the sentiments that Blondie looks great! Now the tricky part, since I'm a guy, I might get funny looks if I browse this magazine, so maybe I'll go into the grocery store in drag just so I can check out the whole article.
:)
Before criticizing someone, you should try walking a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:59 pm

Hi All. :D :D :D

Mandy - you are smashingly gorgeous. I can't believe you didn't tell your family. What? Are they just supposed to stop by Safeway (which is where I got my mag) and then go, "Wow, that looks like our Mandy on the cover?....Wait, it IS Mandy!" LOL

Who is our other gorgeous NoEsser? Kathleen, I don't know your user name, but you look great too. :lol:

It's a good day for NoS Diet. I'm so happy for Reinhard and also for Mandy and Kathleen. The article seems to have barely scratched the surface of all the greatness of NoS, but I'm sure many people will be checking out this site.

Congrats All,
Dru

PS. Navin...maybe you could go and get a bunch of magazines and then, kind of throw WW in at the last minute :?:

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:12 am

Come on Mandy thats silly!!! You look so fantastic!!!
Really girl!! Not just sayin to be nice okay??

One thing which kinda made me laugh was the thing about boost your metabolism 14 percent!
hahah :)
Reinhard!! My metabolism isn't boosted yet!
Whats the deal????
hahah :)

Also, why do they say the "No Diet" Diet and not the NoS diet???
Hmmmmm.. well as long as it's working :wink:
Have a great weekend all!
Peace and Love
8) Debs
ps.. Hi Dru and Nathan!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:16 am

PS.. I'm looking forward to seeing Silverfish too!!! :D

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:51 am

Wow! The pic is awesome!!

Was a little sad to see the S omitted and the "eat *all* you want all weekend" but otherwise it looks great! Yahoo!!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

trinid8097

Women's World

Post by trinid8097 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:26 pm

I was at Walmart yesterday night, standing in line and saw the article in Women's World. I came home and got on the website. Wow! if this isn't a slap in the face to get motivated -- nothing is. :)

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:29 pm

trinid8097

Welcom,

I am new too ... almost two weeks!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

sweetsong32

Post by sweetsong32 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:40 pm

I was/am sick of being fat. I had already decided just this weekend to eat healthier. So, this morning I went grocery shopping; bought fresh fruits, salads, fresh veggies, whole grain pastas and bread instead of white, etc. THEN, in the check out line I see the current copy of Woman's World. I saw the headline and thought, shoot, why not check it out.
I read the article, and thought, this is something I can do. No calorie counting, no food restrictions (other than the 3 rules).
So beginning tomorrow (Monday) my daughter and I are both starting the no s plan.
Great article, by the way!
:-)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:18 am

I took all the copies my coworker gave me and hid them. And I haven't told my family. Ha. I'm a dork, but I'm embarassed!
I understand this must be weird, Mandy, but 1) you really truly, sincerely do look gorgeous and 2) if your mother finds out you were on the cover of a national magazine and DIDN'T TELL HER, she's going to kill you.
Sandra Bullock, Angie Harmon, Drew Barrymore, Debi Mazar (?), and Jessica Biel.
It's amazing to me when I think that only last week I would have been grateful to get a "celebrity endorsement" from an extra on star trek, and now I've got half the hollywood pantheon as my "disciples." :-)
One thing which kinda made me laugh was the thing about boost your metabolism 14 percent!
I have NO IDEA where they got that statistic from, Deb. (but hey, it's got my favorite arbitrary number in it).

Welcome sweetsong32 and trinid8097!

Reinhard

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:46 am

Oh, ok...so I told Mom.

I wonder if anyone I know will see it on the newsstand and recognize me. It sounds weird to say that no one will (I know a lot of people, I have a LOT of family, etc), but seriously, it doesn't look like me. I'm not saying it's a bad picture, it's fine, it just really doesn't look like me, especially at a quick glance! Anyway, so far no "OMG I just saw your pic on WWW" emails or calls...

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:54 pm

Mandy you look gorgeous. I am sure your family will be thrilled for you. I am frantically casing every stationer and super market in SA to see if I can find one that brings in Womans World to be able to read the article and see Kathleen.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

bigbodygirl

Women's World

Post by bigbodygirl » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:53 pm

I buy Womens' World every week but this week when I read about the No S Diet. I decided I have to try it. I have tried everything else and I yo yo up and down but this seems doable. Today is my first day. I hope this works for the. The testimonials were really encouraging.

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:16 pm

This is funny--my dad just saw the thing and had two comments

1) that the real me is better-looking (he's my dad, he has to say that) and
2) they seemed to have changed my eye color. My eyes are blue in real life--I guess they look dark here?

apple

Post by apple » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:18 am

reinhard wrote:I wish I could post the article itself...
Is there a reason why you can't? I'd love to see the article, but this magazine is not available in Europe.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:57 pm

Is there a reason why you can't? I'd love to see the article, but this magazine is not available in Europe.
Well, there's this little issue called "copyright"....

I'll ask. Didn't want to annoy them too much while there was the slightest possibility of their going back on it :-)

Glad you took the plunge and showed mom and dad, Mandy!

Reinhard

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:21 am

Reinhard
Even if you are not able to post it on the web, would they maybe allow you to email it to people not living in the US?

Otherwise I am just going to have to find someone with paypal that I can pay to buy a copy and post it to me here in SA.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:35 am

MerryKat wrote: I am just going to have to find someone with paypal that I can pay to buy a copy and post it to me here in SA.
And to me in the UK!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:05 pm

Not officially :-)

navin

Post by navin » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:11 am

Wait a minute... isn't the title Woman's world?? If so it ought to be available everywhere!
Before criticizing someone, you should try walking a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:30 pm

I think they're using "world" in the sense of "world series." :-)

DianeA2Z

Buy the Magazine!

Post by DianeA2Z » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:57 pm

Everyone: you know you're going to go to the grocery store, so buy a copy of Woman's World! It is so worth making a special trip for. Congratulations, Reinhard! I wish you much success and am looking forward to this new journey.

Best,
Diane
Visit www.MaximizeYourWellness.com
(Ok, a shameless plug). I'm just here to learn how to say No to the S!

pbluefrog

Woman's world article

Post by pbluefrog » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:48 pm

I found out about the th NO-S diet from the woman's world. It was a wonderful article.

I been doing Weight watcher for about 3 months now i been doing ok but i just missing something. I am going to try the No-s lifestyle with the monthy ww meeting., i will keep you posted on it.

Lisa

live vintageously

Bummer!

Post by live vintageously » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:48 pm

Bummer, I missed getting that issue!! Anyone care to scan a copy of the article and post it or PM it to me? I'd love to read it.

I'm a lurker, so hello for the first time! But I've been following the No S principle for a few months, especially No Sugar. (Okay, I spent all of last month eating sugar on non-S days. But I've starting back up this week.) I already don't snack or have seconds, but sugar is harder for me at times.

Ciao,
Vintageous

resting52

Post by resting52 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:59 pm

Is there a way to get a copy of the original article?

Resting

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:53 pm

This is probably a copyright violation, but I figure it's long enough since the article appeared that no one's going to care:

http://nosdiet.com/press/womans_world_cover.pdf

http://nosdiet.com/press/womans_world_inside.pdf

Reinhard

whisper2701

Post by whisper2701 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:25 pm

Thanks for posting the article!
Linda

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:35 pm

Still love seeing our lovely Blondie on there! :wink:

resting52

Post by resting52 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:28 pm

Thanks Reinhard,

I wanted to go back and re-read the article that set my feet on this path.

Resting

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu May 16, 2013 1:47 pm

This was before my beginnings on No S. Thanks for bumping it up!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri May 31, 2013 1:01 pm

Me too! And I'm so so glad I saw it.
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

Blondie

Heyyyyyy!

Post by Blondie » Mon May 25, 2015 11:56 pm

Hey, folks! Covergirl checking after a super-long absence! I doubt anyone remembers me from the old days, but I was the Woman's World magazine cover story chick back in 2008. I'm the same weight I was when I did the shoot (and with a one year old baby!) and I really have taken the No S principles as a guide.

Hope everyone is doing well!
What Navin said.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Tue May 26, 2015 1:43 am

Good for you. I saw the thread and wondered how I had missed it. I should have looked at the dates. Congratulations though, still. And, hats off to your one year old.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue May 26, 2015 2:48 am

That is FANTASTIC news. I am so happy for you and your growing family! How wonderful to grow up with a mom not burdened by the fear of food. Thank you for updating us. I run a little team dedicated to No S on Sparkpeople. a huge weight loss site that has a real bias towards calorie limits and detailed tracking. My team is going to love this!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue May 26, 2015 3:20 am

BTW, how is the knee? Did you find a replacement for running and biking?
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Tue May 26, 2015 7:59 pm

Wow. I wonder how many other diets have people dropping in 7 years after the fact to say "Hey! I've maintained. Life is good."

bjalda

Post by bjalda » Tue May 26, 2015 9:35 pm

Wow, thanks for checking in. That's a huge motivation! And I agree with Blithe.. the fact that you feel like checking in after SEVEN years is all the more reason to believe that No S 1) simply works and 2) is pleasent enough to have people come back & reporting.

Congratulations Blondie. I'm happy for you!
Expectation exists when there is fear.
- Swami

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed May 27, 2015 6:08 pm

Thanks for stopping by! (and congratulations on the baby! we've had one in the interval as well).

So great to hear No S is still working well for you after 7 years (and a baby!).

Reinhard

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat May 30, 2015 10:43 am

How great to hear from you, and to hear you're doing well. Congrats on the little one! (I feel as if I wandered into a No-S reunion... Rather lovely!)