Welcome Woman's World readers!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

reinhard
Site Admin

Welcome Woman's World readers!

Post by reinhard » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:21 pm

We've had more new members over the last 2 days than we used to get in the course of a typical month, and the No S Diet book is now the 10th bestselling diet book at amazon.com. I assume the woman's world article had something to do with this. :-)

So, welcome!

You should be able to find everything you need to know to get started on the home page (and certainly in the book), but don't hesitate to ask questions if you're stumped. Between the bulletin board and the podcasts and the homepage there is a LOT of information on this site, but it can be tricky to find precisely what you're looking for -- so don't worry about repeating a question that might have been asked already. If you're wondering about something and can't find the answer, chances are others are, too.

Looking forward to making your individual acquaintances,

Reinhard
Last edited by reinhard on Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Oneeyedbadger

Post by Oneeyedbadger » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:04 pm

I've been telling my sister about No S for the last couple months. Today she told me she saw it in a magazine and wants to try it :lol:

Nossuzy

Woman's World newbie!!

Post by Nossuzy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:08 am

I love the sound of this diet...I did Body for Life a few years back and looooved my "cheat day" and knowing whatever I was craving, I could have on cheat day. But the 6 meals a day just wasnt for me.

Can't wait to start this tomorrow and knowing I don't have to quick run to the store as I normally would when starting a diet to buy all the "acceptable" foods out of the diet book of the moment that I am dragging around with me... :lol:
"Whew, glad I knew about beets. They would have killed me for sure."

slystacy

Just started today!

Post by slystacy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:04 pm

This is the only "diet" that I have ever read about that I am willing to try. It's also the only plan I have read about that sounds even remotely possible to be successful at. Thanks for the website, it has been super helpful! :)
Life is too short to dance with ugly men~

Jamiebf

Post by Jamiebf » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:31 pm

Yey I did body for life too, but then again I've done just about everything. How about the pineapple diet. I had sores in my mouth for weeks. My sons still laugh at that one. I picked up the book last Wed. and read it in a day. I just felt I sould buy the book since so much time was spent by Reinhard writing and documenting the diet. Everything you need is already on the website. So I have made it one week. No cheating. On to week two!! Thanks Reinhard!!

tgp157

Post by tgp157 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:05 pm

One of the things I liked about the diet is I just had to start it. Like Nossuzy said--I didn't have to go out & buy a bunch of diet food in order to start & stay on plan--only to not use the food at all & have to throw out the next time I purge my pantry. This is going to be great!!!
Pam
A Success Story in the Making
NoS-ing since 6/1/09

georgia

Post by georgia » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:19 pm

I buy Women's World every week and I am sooooooooo glad for this issue today is my first NO S day and can't wait to watch the scale go down :D
don't take life so serioulsy ; it's not permanent

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:09 pm

I picked up the book last Wed. and read it in a day.
Jamiebf,
I bought the book and read it in a day as well. My first two weeks have gone great too!

Although everything IS already on the website I wonder if reading the book helps with the CLICK factor?
I was kind of skeptical before I read the book 1:00 in the afternoon, when I finished it later that night I was committed.

welcome everyone!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

KennysWife

Post by KennysWife » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:33 pm

I am so excited about finding the No S diet! I look forward to seeing the results :P . I purchase Woman's World when I have the chance, and I am so glad I did! Finally something simple enough to stick with! :D
Everyday is a new challenge, every challenge becomes a new success, I strive for success in all that I do.

Jamiebf

Post by Jamiebf » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:41 pm

I do think the book really helped me. I found it very helpful. I would encourage everyone to take the time and read the entire book. Thanks guys!!

Stacy Jo

WW reader

Post by Stacy Jo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:46 pm

Read the article and decided to do this. I've been trying the 6 small meals a day, but it doesn't work for me. I like the idea of keeping things simple.

Goal is to lose 20 lbs.

Thanks! Stacy

ffemtsffd

hot chocolate?!?!?!?!

Post by ffemtsffd » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:04 am

i drink hot chocolate over coffee can i still have this? How much does it classify as a sweet? please help me with this..

A Hot chocolate Addict~

sandooch

Post by sandooch » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:24 am

Another newbie and avid WW reader here. I got so excited after reading the article that I had to buy the book. It was the last one Borders had, too. Tee, hee! :wink:

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:32 am

I've been trying the 6 small meals a day,
Stacy Jo,

I was trying the six small meals a day before No S too and I gained 10 pounds... I just have to laugh. I have been nosing two weeks and I love love love it ...

Blueskighs

CampCook

Post by CampCook » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:26 am

Hi everyone!! I too saw the article in Woman's World yesterday. My son and I started today. I have tried different diets but it's so hard for me because I cook for a living. I really saw today I often I eat while I'm at work. Yikes! No wonder I've gained weight!!! But I had a good day and am ready for tomorrow!

Lenise

lola628

the book

Post by lola628 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:36 am

Hey, I bought the very last copy at my Borders today too... I haven't started it yet though, still reading a few other books at the moment.

Stacy Jo

Post by Stacy Jo » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:25 am

blueskighs wrote:
I've been trying the 6 small meals a day,
Stacy Jo,

I was trying the six small meals a day before No S too and I gained 10 pounds... I just have to laugh. I have been nosing two weeks and I love love love it ...

Blueskighs
How's it working out for you so far?

Stacy

MerryKat

Re: hot chocolate?!?!?!?!

Post by MerryKat » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:27 am

ffemtsffd wrote:i drink hot chocolate over coffee can i still have this? How much does it classify as a sweet? please help me with this..

A Hot chocolate Addict~
Focus on the habits you need to build and if you find that your hot chocolate is derailing your habits, then you can look at reducing it.

The most important thing is to train your brain, body and hunger that you only eat at certain times.

You could try having your hot chocolate with a meal if you feel it is a problem for you.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

Jesseco

Post by Jesseco » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:01 pm

i drink hot chocolate over coffee can i still have this? How much does it classify
I also do this. My hot chocolate, though, is just plain hot cocoa with some saccharine or stevia and soy milk (sweeteners like this are discouraged, but not prohibited on No S). I also just allow myself one cup per day (at 3:00, a previous snack time).

Then I alternate hot tea or coffee with water during the day between meals. I make myself have the water so I can cut back on the artificial sweeteners. I know that No S allows for a little sugar in the hot drinks, but I still like how I do it for now.

Brandy_S

never before

Post by Brandy_S » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:16 pm

i've never baught the womans health magazine before but my husband saw it on the shelf last night and knowing i've been trying to diet he suggested it. I flipped through quickly and said ehhh....its 2$ and i got the magazine. i read it when we got home and i'm in love with the idea, so i am starting this diet today, however i rarely eat breakfast as it is so we will see what happens. thank you for this wonderful diet....hope to see its results :D i gota figure out this time thing its really only 920 but my post says 120
*~*3 kisses 2 hugs 1 love*~*

jansw

started my no s plan yesterday

Post by jansw » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:29 pm

i applied the principles of this plan starting yesterday and today i am 3 lbs lighter!!! now that's what i'm talking about. i am a binger and an on or off diet type of personality. once i slip up i find it very hard to get back on track and i eat much larger portions than i should. just knowing that i can have what i want at any of my 3 meals takes a ton of pressure off of me and my food shopping. i am full and satisfied and know that any thoughts i had of eating in between meals or after dinner last night were simply ingrained bad habits that can and will be unlearnded. i always read woman's world and i am so grateful for this issue because i can see a light at the end of the tunnel for the first time in a long time because this plan really makes sense and seems very doable and i know i can work it into my lifestyle very easily. i do not have to give up the foods i love and i do not have to give up cooking which i enjoy as well.
jansw

droth

Me too

Post by droth » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:51 pm

I too saw this in Women's World and thought I'd look it up on the web just to see if there were any "negative" blogs...but to my surprise I haven't found any. I started this yesterday, have been doing the Weight Watchers points for about 3 months now and only down 8 lbs. My problem is going to be my diabetes (on insulin), as my doc wants me to have a snack between breakfast and lunch (when I generally have a low) and one at bedtime (to keep my morning sugars on the low side), but I'll find a way to deal with that hopefully. Will give this the trial period and see how it goes, what do I have to lose but pounds and inches?
Started No-S 04/07/08
Need to lose 80 lbs.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:59 pm

Great to see you all here!

Brandy_S, the time stamps are all GMT (greenwich mean time).

jansw, though I'm happy for you, I'd be wary of reading too much into that 3 pounds. This is a slow, moderate diet and it takes weeks or months to see meaningful results. I just don't want you to be disappointed when it swings back in the other direction.

More on that subject here:

http://everydaysystems.com/podcast/episode.php?id=24

ffemtsffd, there's a section in the book specifically on hot chocolate! (page s 76-77). The long and the short of it is I'd advise saving it for the weekend (unless you prefer your cocoa as the Aztecs did -- unsweetened and loaded with hot pepper).

Reinahrd

jansw

Post by jansw » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:19 pm

reinhard wrote:Great to see you all here!

Brandy_S, the time stamps are all GMT (greenwich mean time).

jansw, though I'm happy for you, I'd be wary of reading too much into that 3 pounds. This is a slow, moderate diet and it takes weeks or months to see meaningful results. I just don't want you to be disappointed when it swings back in the other direction.

More on that subject here:

http://everydaysystems.com/podcast/episode.php?id=24

ffemtsffd, there's a section in the book specifically on hot chocolate! (page s 76-77). The long and the short of it is I'd advise saving it for the weekend (unless you prefer your cocoa as the Aztecs did -- unsweetened and loaded with hot pepper).

thank you for the further info on the subject of weighing. it all makes perfect sense and i do not rely strictly on the scale but it does give me some measure of how i might be doing and if i should perhaps cut back a bit more. with that said i am trying to also incorporate rethinking how i eat and when i eat and why eat. i think the behaviour is what we need to change because many of our eating habits are just that HABITS. bad habits can be unlearned so i am really concentrating on that part of it and the scale is only one of the many tools i plan on using. thanks again for all the good information. have a great day or NO-S day i should say.

Reinahrd
jansw

pechzancrm

Question

Post by pechzancrm » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:57 pm

I eat soup and sandwich often..My soup bowl and sandwich fit on plate but not quite the way it is suppose to, LOL.

Also, I have a funny thing about foots toughing each other so when we have cream of corn or baked bean they have to go in bowl and not on plate where the juices will run into my meat. I know strange but unbreakable habit for me, or at least a habit I am not willing to break. But, I do not fill my plate all the way with the other items, and I do not fill the bowl al the way, just normal amount.

Any suggestions? :P
Live, Laugh, Love

sandooch

Re: hot chocolate?!?!?!?!

Post by sandooch » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:07 pm

ffemtsffd wrote:i drink hot chocolate over coffee can i still have this? How much does it classify as a sweet? please help me with this..

A Hot chocolate Addict~
I love my hot cocoa, too, especially Nestle's no-sugar cocoa. It tastes like the real thing to me. I used to have it every day of the week, but now I save it up until Sunday evening when my daughter and I watch Desperate Housewives (well, that is, before the strike happened. We've replaced it with Oprah's Big Give until this Sunday when DHW starts again). It is our little ritual now, and we really both look forward to it. Just knowing that makes it worth waiting for for me.

droth

Me too

Post by droth » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:22 pm

I too saw this in Women's World and thought I'd look it up on the web just to see if there were any "negative" blogs...but to my surprise I haven't found any. I started this yesterday, have been doing the Weight Watchers points for about 3 months now and only down 8 lbs. My problem is going to be my diabetes (on insulin), as my doc wants me to have a snack between breakfast and lunch (when I generally have a low) and one at bedtime (to keep my morning sugars on the low side), but I'll find a way to deal with that hopefully. Will give this the trial period and see how it goes, what do I have to lose but pounds and inches?
Started No-S 04/07/08
Need to lose 80 lbs.

Jamiebf

GMT time?

Post by Jamiebf » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:34 pm

Could someone explain what GMT time means. I am so confused with the times posted. Day 7 is going well except I am home sick with a nasty cold. Eating is going well but exercise is off for today unless I feel better this afternoon. Thanks all!

Becky

Re: Question

Post by Becky » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:36 pm

Also, I have a funny thing about foots toughing each other so when we have cream of corn or baked bean they have to go in bowl and not on plate where the juices will run into my meat. I know strange but unbreakable habit for me, or at least a habit I am not willing to break. But, I do not fill my plate all the way with the other items, and I do not fill the bowl al the way, just normal amount.

Any suggestions? :P[/quote]

Can you try to find one of those sectioned plates? Then your different foods wouldn't "leak" into each other.

Jesseco

Post by Jesseco » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:17 pm

Any suggestions?
I use tiny bowls and just put them on my plate where the food would go!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:39 pm

How's it working out for you so far?

Stacy
much better than 6 meals a day ... !

I am on day 16 of building my twenty-one day habits,
I feel sane and free of food obsessions. Even my husband has noticed. He has seen me try many things ... sometimes he joined in ...
but now he just watches from a safe distance.
But even he has to admit that somehow this is different.

I am going to weigh at 30 day intervals. My clothes are fitting better and I have lost the bloated feeling. It has been so much simpler and easier than anything I have ever done.

You really are never too far away from an S day and that makes it easy to just say no thank you and get on with the business of living.

WOW and hello to all the other newcomers here. I just started on March 24 and am blogging about it at www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

Blueskighs

vesta0424

Addicted to Woman's World

Post by vesta0424 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:21 pm

Each week I buy WW, its an addiction, and peruse the diets -- note that the diet is ALWAYS the cover story. They all promise the loss of copious amounts of weight WITHOUT BEING HUNGRY. If you look at them closely, they all consist of about 1200 calories a day, which is insane.

I can't call this a diet, because it ain't. Its the NOS common sense approach to food and eating. I am a bit hungry, but knowing that I can look forward to a hearty meal in a few hours and also some major treats once I hit my 21 days makes it somehow something I can manage.

On day 4 and committed.

Georgia

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:41 pm

They all promise the loss of copious amounts of weight WITHOUT BEING HUNGRY.
I promise you, though you certainly won't starve, you WILL SOMETIMES BE HUNGRY on No-s. But you'll come to view it as a good thing. Hunger isn't a disease. It's natural. It's even enjoyable: "Appetite is the best sauce."

If you aren't ever hungry, you're certainly overeating -- and overeating without even properly enjoying your food.

Reinhard
Last edited by reinhard on Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:09 pm

Wow Reinhard I am so totally thrilled for you that the Womens World article got you so much great exposure!!!
I've always felt that you had the key here and NoS is pretty much the only diet which has that "Light bulb going on in your head" factor to it when you first read it.
I know it did for me.
That feeling of immediate knowing that this makes real sense on a gut level.

I'm just so happy that many others are now finding you through this promotion with Womens World and hope your publicists continue to make great strategic promotions such as this.
You are helping so many people!!!
It's so fun for me to read these new members first posts.
So exciting. It reminds me of the joyous feeling I had when I found your google ad and your homepage! : )

And, again, Wow!!!
Tenth best selling on Amazon??????
That is fantastic!!!!!!
It couldn't happen to a more deserving person!!!

Good luck all newbies to NoS!!
Consider yourselves Blessed cos this is the best and most real, and life friendly, maintainable plan you ever gonna find :wink:

Peace and Love

8) Deb x
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

BrightAngel

Interesting Concept

Post by BrightAngel » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:26 pm

For more than two years I've been maintaining a large weight loss.
I lost my weight while using a computer software program and recording all my food.
I still do that daily, and have grown to actually enjoy it.
However, WHAT I eat, and the WAY I eat varies a great deal.
In maintenance I have been experiementing with different kinds of eating plans.

I, too, learned of this Plan through Women's World.
I like the down-to-earth point of view of the website's creator, and would like to participate.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

kat62

Post by kat62 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:50 pm

Hi everyone! I too just read the article in Women's World. My doctor has been on me to lose weight, and I've been having a very hard time with it. Now, camping season has started and I spend every weekend at a campground with friends and family where food is a very big part of the social atmosphere. I didn't know what diet I could possibly go on and be able to stick with it without feeling deprived, or left out of some of the social gatherings that occur there. The No S diet was actually an answer to my prayers. It's perfect because it allows me the freedom I need on the weekends. I started yesterday, and so far, have not even felt like I am on on a diet. (I did have to stop myself from getting seconds at dinner last night, but once I got my mind on something else, I realized that I wasn't still hungry, I just wanted to eat it because it was there.) I am really looking forward to my journey with No S. This just might be the one that I can live with for life. Thanks!

doulachic

Post by doulachic » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:53 pm

Wow! I was at WalMart today checking out when I looked over and what should I see but NoS on the cover of Woman's World! I was so excited that I bought one, even though I already know all the rules.

Congrats Reinhard! I'm so excited for you!
***GRINS***
Tricia

"When you are in a jam, a good friend will bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter..."

chris2365

Loving this...

Post by chris2365 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:29 pm

Well, I'm in love. Let me preface this by saying I've lost a lot of weight since June 2006 doing my own calorie budgeting thing, 6 meals a day. I've gone from 327 pounds to 184 pounds. But the last several months have been hard. My snacking has led to uncontrolled grazing and while I haven't gained a lot, I keep yo-yoing between the same 10 pounds.

So I read WW like everyone else here. And I thought it just seemed sane. I don't need to eat constantly anymore. I might, gasp, even consider getting physically hungry instead of "pre-eating" before hunger hits. As I approach normal body weight, it might be time to start acting like a naturally thin person. Which frankly, I have no experience with. I've been morbidly obese since I was a child. I weigh less now than I did when I was 12 years old. (I'm 43 now.)

Here's what I've noticed the last several days:

1 - I do have mind hunger between meals, but since I banned snacks completely, it seems easier to supress than before when I had cravings.

2 - By the time a meal rolls around, I'm actually hungry. Not starving, but physically hungry. That's something I've avoided pretty much my whole life, so it's good.

3 - I like having larger meals. Because my calorie needs have continued to drop as I lose weight and I was still trying to budget three snacks in, my meals were getting pretty small. So the luxury of eating decent size portions is kind of fun.

4 - I'm really, really savoring my food now. Since I know it'll be between 5 and 13 hours before I eat again, I have slowed down and tried to enjoy every bite.

So after just a few days of this, the extra weight that I had put on is nearly gone. I'm at 184.5 this morning and my lowest low is 183.75.

I'm curious about S-days. However, instead of just gorging all weekend long, I think I'll also try to eat mindfully and schedule in a few treats. Saturday morning I'm leaving at 6:20 a.m. to pick up a friend and we're going to the city to hit yard sales and do shopping, so that might be hit and miss. However, we're both pretty health-conscious, so I don't think we'll be stopping for donuts!

Anyway, I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch, but so far, so good on this new eating plan.

momm243

Breakfast alternatives

Post by momm243 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:52 pm

:) I have found that eating a whole wheat bagel with peanut butter smeared on it keeps me full until lunch. Where I work I have a lot of stress, and it seems I am always looking for something to fill me up, the wheat bagel with peanut butter keeps me satisfied until lunch, and it makes an easy take along breakfast.
I usually buy the Lenders bagels at Walmart for around $1.25 for 6, and I've even had them for my lunch. Plus they have 5 grams of dietary fiber.
I make it the night before and place it in a zippered plastic bag before placing it in the fridge, then in the morning all I have to do is grab it and go.

carajo21

thanks to Womens World....

Post by carajo21 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:44 pm

I always buy the mag. as i am leaving the store (mainly because it's cheap and always has a new diet plan inside) i have never tried any of the diets until now.....this just seems to make sense to me! I to tried the 6 small meals......no doesn't work for me! I started on Sunday, and believe me it was one heck of an S day!! Falling into the idiot category! But so far, so good! Thanks!! :D

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:20 pm

Hi all No sers. I am a WW magazine newbie. I read alot of the information on the site here and promptyly went to the bookstore and bought 4 copies of the book. One for me, one for my friend, one for the library and one to lend to the people who will surely want to borrow MY copy. This IS the plan that will work. I am old enough to testify that this IS the way we ate decades ago and very few people were overweight much less obese. I can honestly say that the first diet I went on(WW) to lose 18 pounds((the newlywed 20 pounds) set me up for decades of failed diets and several more pounds of weight gain. In my family we almost never snacked("it would spoil our appetite") and we didn't have seconds as there weren't any. I weighed 115 eating the the No Ser way(just naturally). He's right!

sandooch

Post by sandooch » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:15 pm

chris2365, I just had to congratulate you on your tremendous weight loss. What an awesome job you are doing! Keep up the great work.

Sandy

resting52

Post by resting52 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:19 am

Bought the magazine Sunday and the book on Monday. Today is day 3 and I'm enjoying actually being hungry. Have been doing Weight Watchers for a year and a half and down 24 pounds but am so weary of it. What a relief this easy program is.

retiringsoon

Welcome Woman's World Readers

Post by retiringsoon » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:42 am

I saw the "eating plan" in Womans' World Sunday. Bought the book on Tuesday....after I started the died on Monday! Haven't lost any weight but haven't gained any and I am not hungry! No snack attack at 3:00 in the afternoon either! Finally an eating plan I can stick with!!! Thank you for sharing with everyone!

retiringsoon

Welcome Woman's World readers

Post by retiringsoon » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:47 am

oops! meant to say diet...not died! LOL

shea521

Post by shea521 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:31 am

Also learned about No S in Woman's World, also did the six meals a day, also did Weigth Watchers. today is my first day doing no s and although i did snack (out of habit without thinking about it) I know that i can do this. I am so glad to see that people are writing that it is ok to be hungry.

who knew that it was ok to be hungry? certainly not me. this is a totally new concept for me and i like it!
you can't finish if you never start

HollywoodCorker

READY TO START

Post by HollywoodCorker » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:41 am

While standing in line to check out i saw the Woman's World magazine covering the No S Diet started reading it and said this sound like something i could live with and with no problems being that i love my sweets and don't have to cut them out except on N day. So here i am sign me up, i will be starting tomorrow. I want to lose 95 lbs. can't wait to see the results. HollywoodCorker :D
Last edited by HollywoodCorker on Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:44 am

3 - I like having larger meals. Because my calorie needs have continued to drop as I lose weight and I was still trying to budget three snacks in, my meals were getting pretty small. So the luxury of eating decent size portions is kind of fun.

4 - I'm really, really savoring my food now. Since I know it'll be between 5 and 13 hours before I eat again, I have slowed down and tried to enjoy every bite.
Chris2365,

congratulations on your success!
and great that you found No S. Just coming off a six meal a day "diet" program where I gained 10 pounds in a few months and felt like I wasn't doing much else in my life besides eating :D I was thrilled to find No S. I really like having a decent size meal. It really does leave me feeling more satisfied and then I am freed up from focussing on food to focus on other things.

Of all the times I read you need to slow down and savor your food, I find that I am automatically doing that with NO S... like you said I know it will be several hours before I eat again so I really want to enjoy it.

Welcome,
Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:46 am

NoS is pretty much the only diet which has that "Light bulb going on in your head" factor to it when you first read it.
gratefuldeb67,

that is a great way to put it, my experience exactly,

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:47 am

This IS the plan that will work.
Lilly, I absolutely agree!

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:48 am

What a relief this easy program is.
I think so too!

Blueskighs

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:34 pm

For the person who mentioned they had done WW for over a year and were getting tired of it, let me say this. In the mid-seventies if you wanted ketsup or bread crumbs, you had to make them from scratch, etc. Talk about tired.
I am spending the weekend clearing out my collection of diet books and freeing up my shelf for just The no S Diet. I have kept the books just in case there was a miracle and they actually worked the second, third, etc., time. Dilemma...trash em or donate them to library(when i know darn tootin they don't work). Comments, suggestions, noesers, please.

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:09 pm

Hi Lilly.

I have donated my diet books to the library too, but with one caveat: I wrote www.nosdiet.com on the inside of the books. It helped relieve me of any guilt as I was passing the books along.

8)

D

Feisty1

Post by Feisty1 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:10 pm

I started NoSing today, and I have to say I love it!!! What a relief to finally be able to say I don't need seconds, because I can have some as leftovers tomorrow if I want it ... talk about FREEDOM!!! I'm tired of counting points, and eating things I DON'T like just to shed a pound a week. For sure I won't get discouraged on this lifestyle change. Thanks for all the input from everyone, it's great reading, and fantastic encouragement. After reading the article in WW, I went out and bought 4 copies too ... one for all my family members who were counting points ... now we can encourage each other in a more healthy way!!! Wooooooo Hoooooooooo, I can feel success!!!

Sandy
"Face your stuff, don't stuff your face"

sandooch

Post by sandooch » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:21 pm

Lilly wrote:For the person who mentioned they had done WW for over a year and were getting tired of it, let me say this. In the mid-seventies if you wanted ketsup or bread crumbs, you had to make them from scratch, etc. Talk about tired.
I am spending the weekend clearing out my collection of diet books and freeing up my shelf for just The no S Diet. I have kept the books just in case there was a miracle and they actually worked the second, third, etc., time. Dilemma...trash em or donate them to library(when i know darn tootin they don't work). Comments, suggestions, noesers, please.
Lilly, if they are in pretty decent condition, why not sell them on Amazon. I do that all the time. Of course, you won't make back nearly what you paid for it (maybe half), but it'll make some nice pocket change. :wink:

Sandy

sandooch

Post by sandooch » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:23 pm

Feisty1 wrote:I started NoSing today, and I have to say I love it!!! What a relief to finally be able to say I don't need seconds, because I can have some as leftovers tomorrow if I want it ... talk about FREEDOM!!! I'm tired of counting points, and eating things I DON'T like just to shed a pound a week. For sure I won't get discouraged on this lifestyle change. Thanks for all the input from everyone, it's great reading, and fantastic encouragement. After reading the article in WW, I went out and bought 4 copies too ... one for all my family members who were counting points ... now we can encourage each other in a more healthy way!!! Wooooooo Hoooooooooo, I can feel success!!!

Sandy
From one Sandy to another...your post inspires me. I can feel your enthusiasum through my monitor. Image

Sandy

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:08 am

I have donated my diet books to the library too, but with one caveat: I wrote www.nosdiet.com on the inside of the books. It helped relieve me of any guilt as I was passing the books along.
cvmom,
that is such an incredibly cool idea. I can't believe this subject came up on the threads today. I was just thinking about that last night, what am I going to do with all those diet books.

I was going to have a big celebration once I got past thirty days of habit... well WHATEVER I do with them and WHEREVER they go I am certainly writing www.nosdiet.com on the inside of them,

THANK YOU FOR such a great and fun idea...

Blueskighs

psee1

Excited

Post by psee1 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:46 am

Just read about the diet today at my mom's after coming home from the doctor. Feel it would be great to try this and took it as a sign that one of the amazon links was for a book called In Defense of Food. This is the title of a book the doctor recommended I read in my desire to lose weight. Totally feel this has been an answer to prayer.

I also am thrilled to find all the info I need right on the site and free of charge. Will be sure to tell others.

Wish me luck.
Paulette

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:54 am

Paulette,

wishing you bunches of good luck ... and the hope that you will find through the structure of No S ... the best way to optimize your will-Power!

Blueskighs

Jamiebf

I did the six meal thing

Post by Jamiebf » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:22 am

I too did the six meal thing. I handled it for about 4 months but could not keep it up. I really enjoy my meals now so much more.

Hey everyone you should check out blueskigh's blog. I found it so encouraging with humor, love reading it everyday. I could really relate.

Thanks again Blueskigh!! :)

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:53 am

Thanks for the replies. I will be putting www.nosdiet in every book. :D Gr8 idea!

Feisty1

Post by Feisty1 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:30 am

Sandy ... Glad I was able to inspire you with my enthusiasm ... It just excited me to finally see success so simply ... Way to go Reinhard!!! I'm usually an all or nothing personality ... this looks and feels like a win win situation here. Reading all this incredible information ... well, it's PRICELESS! You all inpire me to WANT to do well.
Love you all!!! MUAH!!!
Sandy

Dory

Post by Dory » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:38 pm

I started NoSing on Monday after reading the Woman's World Article. I have to say this is the easiest "diet" I've ever been on I don't have to calculate anything, I don't have to worry about having enough points left so I can have a potato with my dinner. I am a little worried about the weekend. I'm afraid that I'll start with the sweets and not stop. Someone in one of the previous posts talked about that they haven't wanted to binge. Binging is my biggest problem and usually happens at about 4:00p.m where I go on a rampage and eat anything and everything I can get my hands on until I'm stuffed. Of course 2 hrs. later I'd have a full dinner and sometimes dessert. The last 4 days I didn't do this and had no disire to do so. I had been allowing myself a small apple sliced with about 1 TBSP of peanut butter at 4:00. Yesterday I didn't have the apple and I was fine. Yes it is a miracle!!! I don't think I've had that many days of no pigging-out in forever. NoSing is amazing!!

pinkmommy

Yeah, yeah...another WW reader.

Post by pinkmommy » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:24 pm

But I read Newsweek and Jane Austen too, if that redeems me.

I read the article Wed night. Then I did something I have never ever done. I started the diet on Thursday. Yep. Thursday. I didn't even wait until Monday.

Then I cheated the first day. :roll: I'm not beating myself up. I just came face to face with what I know will be my biggest challenge: finding excuses. Do you at least want to hear my excuse so you can laugh at me (or give me wisdom). I took my kids to the movie theater and had popcorn. I really didn't like move theater popcorn until about three years ago and then I discovered how tasty it is, so in my mind I have 37 years of NOT eating popcorn for which to make up.

It's ok. I'm back on the wagon. I managed to make it through the rest of the day without snacking.

I thought sweets would be my biggest challenge. Sweet is my middle name. Turns out snacking is going to be it (for now).

Doesn't everyone want to think they really DO have an exception to the rules (even though there aren't all that many rules)?

Here is my "woe is me" thing that I have to figure out. I had weight loss surgery (WLS) two years ago. Some people may be surprised that I am still dieting, but I think people need to know that a) most WLS's have statistics for weight loss at around 85% of excess weight (so if you are 100 pounds overweight, you can expect to lose 85 pounds); b) people can and do gain back some/all of the weight; c) it is not a free ticket to skinnyville. In my case, I had a less drastic type of WLS. I lost about 100 pounds but 20 have found me again. I was not at goal, so all total I would like to lose about 30 pounds.

Anyway, I cannot each large portions at once. That's a good thing. I can eat frequently. I can drink a lot of calories or eat a lot of soft food calories. However, when we are talking proper meals I can eat perhaps 250-350 calories depending on what I am eating. Post WLS, my metabolism took a huge dive so I know the dangers of trying to live off of too few calories and I honestly don't think eating less than 1000 calories is the way to go for me. I plan to do two things: 1) I am going to go with 4 meals a day (breakfast, early lunch, late lunch, dinner) and 2) I am going to feel out an apx number of calories I do eat at a meal without going overboard into the legalistic realm of actually calorie counting. Maybe I am eating well over 300 calories. If I find that my meals are closer to something like 500 calories, I will go back to 3 meals.

Even doing this one day (almost), it has been an eye opener as to how much those little snacks and bites add up.
Rondi
cherishedbirth.com

Jamiebf

Welcome

Post by Jamiebf » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:57 pm

Hey welcome dory and Rondi,
I am on day 11 today and don't feel bad Rondi I too cheated on my first day. Did great all day but at night stuffed my face in front of the tv. Congratulations on the weight loss. Remember the freeing thing about nosing is no more diet obsessing. For your health I think you do need to be sure you are getting enough of the right foods. Good luck!!

Dory, don't worry so much about the weekend. This is a life plan so if you over do here and there on the weekend, you'll get better. I worried my first weekend and found by 5:00 on Sat. I still had not had a snack or sweet. I just couldn't decide what I wanted. Go figure, that was never a problem for me.

I keep telling myself that I had to begin somewhere to get where I need to be so 11 days ago I started and I am so happy I did. I got rid for my scales, my hubby hid them for me. I don't intend to weigh myself until, well I don't know when. I hated my obsesses with the scale, made me crazy.
Have a great day and God Bless!!

Dory

Post by Dory » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:09 pm

Jamiebf,

Thank you for your encouragement about the weekend. I can't imagine not being able to decide what I wanted to eat especially something sweet!
I hope it happens to me, that would be wonderful.

SpyWeb

Post by SpyWeb » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:23 pm

I didn't read the Woman's World article, but someone on the llnoe.com website did and posted this link. I started this No S diet yesterday and so far so good. It's almost time for lunch, and I am... Hungry. I can't remember tha last time I was hungry.

It was a good day yesterday. The hardest thing was that when the grandson got home from work last night, he brought me a frosty from Wendy's. I didn't take it, but it was tough!!! Just as well, it was way too late to be eating such things.

Rheba

Post by Rheba » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:29 pm

Just picked up my copy of WW last night at the grocery store and went to B&N this a.m. and found their last copy and sat down and read some of it while enjoying my coffee (had to make sure that I wanted to buy it!) and just got home and know that I will be reading this book all day instead of doing what I had planned! Have tried most diets out there and counted points and ate fish (first time on weight watchers in the 80's) until I couldn't eat fish anymore and hated counting points...they are easily "fudged" if you want to! I have gained back all the weight I so painstakingly lost last year....stress and a year of eczema and my dad's death and my lack of caring about what or when I ate are my reasons....and I really truly believe that this is THE way to do it. I remember back to the 50's when we also ate the way we should have....three meals and no snacks and no preservatives in the foods....so I am very excited about this "new" old way of eating being brought back. Due to the eczema I have found out that I am allergic to a lot of chemicals so I am even more excited about this book and life style. All I can really say is THANK YOU!!! :D
Looking forward to my coming week!
Rheba

No_S_ing_Jill

Hello

Post by No_S_ing_Jill » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:06 pm

Hi! I just signed up and thought I would introduce myself. I have been doing Weight Watchers and not having much success. Ironically, it was at my last WW meeting that I first heard about the No S Diet! I carpool with a friend who had the WW magazine and gave it to me when I dropped her off after the meeting. I spent a good part of yesterday reading on the internet about it. I am definitely going to give it a go! And I am hoping to get my husband to join me. I've printed out the most basic (and inspiring) information I have found for him to read tonight.

I have done all kinds of diets and I have a big problem with stopping once I get going with sweets. I believe (and I hope I'm right) that the main reason I have a hard time stopping is because I always am expecting that I'm going to have to deprive myself to make up for it when I am done. I'm always either going totally without or giving myself carte blanche because tomorrow is D-Day (as in DIET)!! This plan sounds like it will fix that. Here's hoping...
Jill

DianeA2Z

Thanks for this plan!

Post by DianeA2Z » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:51 pm

WOW :!: I just read about the No S Diet in Woman's World and I love the entire concept. I have lots of weight to lose...I lose it and lose it and always find it. I know why: I'm lazy :oops: . I know all the right things to do and all the right foods to eat and all the right quantities, but I bore easily :roll: and I'm too lazy to stay with a weight-loss/exercise plan for more than 3 months :cry:. I read your plan and thought, "now this is a sensible plan! I can stay with this plan forever. I long ago gave up diet soda and artificially sweetened anything, and I flat out refuse to purchase anything that includes high fructose corn syrup. I also eat losts of whole grains, etc. That's not to say I don't love "junk food". I do. It's yummy, but I have trouble controlling my intake. Your No S Diet always gives me a light at the end of the tunnel, and it's a short tunnel! I do believe this is a great idea :idea: and I want to say "Thanks".

Diane
Visit www.MaximizeYourWellness.com
(Ok, a shameless plug). I'm just here to learn how to say No to the S!

Mama V

Woman's World

Post by Mama V » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:36 pm

I bought the magazine on Wednesday in Orangeville, started NoSdiet on Thursday. Drove to Barrie on friday and Bought the book. I think this is great.

Dory

Post by Dory » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:02 pm

I just bought 2 copies of the book on Amazon. One for myself and one for my sister who has been struggling with her weight since I can remember. Her famous last words are"I have to lose weight". I hope this helps her as much as it seems to be helping me.

Feisty1

Had a great 2nd day

Post by Feisty1 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:09 pm

"Patting myself on the back" ... My hunny's 50th birthday is tomorrow and he decided he wanted to start celebrating early, so we went out to his favorite restaurant for lunch. (All you can eat Chinese buffet of course) Well, I was able to stick to the ONE dish ... and even found myself making better food choices. Took extra veggies instead of the general tso. I figure it was because I know that tomorrow is an S day and I can have the snack or sweet then if I want it. I feel totally liberated!!! Finally I feel like this is the LAST "diet" (and I say that even though I don't feel like this is a diet) I'll ever have to be on. Thanks to all of you who post here, it's so inspiring and encouraging. If I want to stray, all I'll have to do is look here and read someone's success post.
Thanks a bunch everyone.
GOD bless you all.

Sandy

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:45 pm

)Wow Sandy!!!! That's really great that you stuck to one plate of Chinese food! I usually won't even go near a place like that except on an S day. Well done!

My other "challenge" is Mexican food during the week. Often, I will have lunch at a Mexican restaurant and man, sometimes those tortilla chips and salsa are tough to resist. (But, I gotta do it to be compliant :D )

I don't know how long you've been No-essing, but Great Job.

Welcome to all the New People too! NoS is the Best. :D :o :lol: :) :roll:

d

Feisty1

Post by Feisty1 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:41 pm

CVMOM writes
I don't know how long you've been No-essing, but Great Job.
This is just my second day, but still it was an accomplishment for me. I had to go there to know I could overcome it ... perhaps you should do the same ... conquer your fear!!! I have every faith in you.
GOD bless!
Sandy

Rheba

Post by Rheba » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:48 am

Have a question for you to help me out with....have just read the book and know that I will definitely be re-reading it as the days go by. But I have a situation that comes up twice a month....I belong to a small quilting group and of course the lunch is ALWAYS something sweet. How do I handle a situation like this? Yes, I realize I could call them S days but I really don't want to do that for several reasons....number one reason being eating that much sugar always sends my pulse soaring and I am hungry for "real" food within an hour or so. The second and also very important reason I am worried is that I don't want to hurt the hostesses' feelings! I truly want to succeed on this plan and don't want to put any needless stress on myself over this....won't help the eczema! So any input any of you have will be most welcome. Thanks in advance. Rheba

pechzancrm

5 N days gone

Post by pechzancrm » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:30 am

I did it....I made my 1st 5. Hardest was last nite, stayed at hospital with cousin all nite..would have usually snacked on junk food all nite and drank several cokes.....but since I had just started this diet I was determined not to resort to that. I went to cafe and had 1 1/2 pieces of honey ham and some Mac n Cheese.

Tomorrow is 1st S day. can't wait to get my hands on a glass of COKE.

Hope everyone had a good week. :P
Live, Laugh, Love

noSer

Post by noSer » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:48 am

Newbie here.

I'm on day 3 and it's going well. I like the fact that this is a 'stealth' way of eating. Don't have to announce to the world that I'm dieting. I've known for a long time that snacking was my biggest culprit. Who knew to just give it up!
It's more of a waste around the waist than it is in the garbage pail.
Beginning again 04/19
April 2019: 242 :(
July 29, 2019 218.5
Aug 5, 2019 220.5
Oct 28, 2019 205.5
Nov 11, 2019 203

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:33 am

Rheba,
Read pages 139-141 & 148 in the book. I cannot improve on this.

Dory

Post by Dory » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:01 am

Rheba,

I don't know what's on the pages that one of the other posters indicated.
(I just ordered the book). Maybe my advise isn't as good as what's in the book, but... what if you bring a fruit salad or some other dish of something, to your quilting group, that isn't as full of sugar. The other thing you could try is making sure you eat before you go and only alow yourself 1 treat.

angelka71

Post by angelka71 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:06 am

Hello! For the last week or so I've been pretty down knowing that warm weather is coming and I won't have the added security of bulky sweaters and coats.

I was so excited to read the article in WW about the no s diet and from what I've read it's really just common sense! For most of my life I never understood how people were SOOO into food and eating...but alas I figured it out. (lol)

Can't wait to get started!

Rheba

Post by Rheba » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:38 am

Good morning one and all! Thank you for your input! Went back and re-read the pages and wish it could be as simple as the office food situation but unfortunately, usually the hostess is busy out in the kitchen and by the time she announces coffee, the food is on the table in front of each seat. Guess I will bite the bullet, so to speak, and just point blank tell them that for the time being, i will only be having tea or water because I have this extra weight that I have to get off. I know it is affecting my blood pressure so I wouldn't be lying by telling them that it is a health issue. And if they have problems with that, well, then it is THEIR problem, not mine. Thanks for helping me come to this answer.
My first day went so well for me and here it is, a S day already! No, I don't plan on going overboard, either. But it is nice to know that I can have something if I want it. I am having coffee with my flavored creamer while I write this but can't go overboard on this treat as the caffeine makes the blood pressure really soar!!!! Scared myself badly last weekend and then lo and behold I find the article on Thursday and here I am really doing myself some good and feeling good about it and the future.
Last summer I tried the 6 week body make over thing from tv and had no luck at all. Had to buy so much "special" items for the plan and the food just was terrible. Didn't last long on that plan! So then went back to weight watchers (lost track of how many times I did that plan!! :lol: ) and tried the core version. Didn't do too badly on that but as I said in my first message....gained it all back PLUS :x so definitely have been unhappy with myself. I was going to say "maybe this time" but I am going to change that to THIS TIME I will succeed. :D I am really going to think positive about this. My dear hubby is going to do it with me as the doctor told him he needs to lose some weight, too. This getting old is not for the faint of heart!!! :) But I will have his support and that will help and as others of you have said, it is a plan where you don't have to announce to the world that you are "dieting" so they can't sit there and wait and watch and, in some cases, hope that you fail....again!
Okay, I have rambled on long enough. Have a wonderful S day, everyone.
Rheba

Dory

Post by Dory » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:08 pm

Rheba,

Could you call the person that is hosting the quilting lunch and explain the situation to them and maybe suggest that lunch be a little bit healthier or even offer to help her make it. Even to have healthier food avaiable with the not so healthy. I bet that some of the other's wouldn't mind having the option of eating something less fattening or sweet. Heck, everyone is on some kind of diet these days. :lol:
I just hate to see you go to this 2X a month and not eat anything. You are going to feel deprived. I know for myself I'd probably go home and binge.

Rheba

Post by Rheba » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:51 pm

Dory, thanks for the suggestion. I do know that one of the times that I hosted the group I made a chicken salad and fresh fruit for the lunch...yes, I did make sure that there was something sweet for those who wanted it, and I know that one member said "Great" when I told them what I had done. Unfortunately, I am the only one who has done that! :? They do like their sweets! I don't think I would come home and binge....especially if I know that I have something "special" waiting for me at lunch time. Will give this some thought. I don't have to face the situation again until May since the next get together falls during a major group rummage sale here and I am having a rummage with my daughter and her friends. I was thinking about getting rid of my last bunch of "thin clothes" but now I don't have to! I might not fit into them right away this summer but I will fit into them again....thank you No S plan!!!! :)
Can't believe it, but I have left food on my plate last night and again this morning! I am trying so hard to listen to my body and when I feel full I am trying to stop the eating. I actually drank water last night....something I don't do too easily as if I am really hungry, water will make me nauseated...go figure!
Take care and have a wonderful day.
Rheba

shettishette

Post by shettishette » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:09 pm

Just read article in Woman"s World and excited about starting on Monday. I also ordered the book and can't wait to get it. I'm so depressed about my weight and physical appearance that I avoid pix. I have a lot going on in my life right now and don't need anything to difficult to follow.

Dory

Post by Dory » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:29 pm

Last night I had the most amazing experience. We had steak for dinner and I couldn't finish it! I just didn't want all of it. But I did eat a couple of pieces of pinapple instead. Is it just that you are giving yourself permission to eat? I just seem to recognise that I'm full and don't need to stuff myself silly.
Breakfast too I decided to have a muffin (I had been thinking about it all week) toasted with Smart Balance spread (can't get rid of this habit yet) I actually threw out 1/2. I didn't want it and had 3 soy breakfast sausages instead. For me thats incredable! I would normally have eaten all of the above and probably more and would not have had soy sausage but the real thing. It's really amazing that such a simple concept could have such a great effect. I've only been NoSing for 5days. Today is my 1st S day and I can see already that I'll be in control I was worried that it was going to be a pig fest weekend. Hopefully I'm wrong. It seems I will be wrong.

Feisty1

Post by Feisty1 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:35 pm

Dory wrote: I've only been NoSing for 5days. Today is my 1st S day and I can see already that I'll be in control I was worried that it was going to be a pig fest weekend. Hopefully I'm wrong. It seems I will be wrong.
AMEN, AMEN, and AMEN!!! Isn't it awesome US finally being in control? I think it's amazing how the mind works. For instance ... on another diet plan you may not have been able to have homemade Mac and cheese ... but on this one you don't have to GORGE yourself, because you can have it today, tomorrow, whenever as long as you don't have seconds. That's total freedom ... WE will overcome!!!
Sandy

kmf1028

Hello

Post by kmf1028 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:52 pm

I picked up WW when I saw this and when I read about it I decided it was just up my alley.

I do great during the week when kids and DH are at school and work, but on the weekends it is just not good..... I have been on so many diets that I thought I was done and just needed to deal the the fact of being overweight.

I then saw this and have now come to the website and am hooked. I am going to start tomorrow and I am going to see if I can find the book this week.

Thanks to all who posted here....
Kathy
Begining NS Diet on 4/14/08
240lb

xmenmom

I start tomorrow.

Post by xmenmom » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:47 am

I never buy women's world, but the cover intrigued me. I'm not a big snacker but my nutritionists was always trying to get me to snack. I think portion control is a big issue so let's see how this helps.

Soda will be my biggest challenge as I use it as my mid-day treat.

let's get going!

:D

Dory

Post by Dory » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:08 am

I've made it through the weekend. I ate a "bit" more than I should have, we had Outback last night and I went to town on the Bloomin Onion and had a "small" milk shake later on. The amazing thing is I don't feel guilty! :!: This has to be the first time ever that I don't feel like I failed, totally blew it thats it. I wasn't sent into a binge. I'm just continuing as planned. If I never lose another pound No Sing It's worth it just for the sense of peace.

pinkmommy

Post by pinkmommy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:56 pm

Yeah, I was surprised I didn't eat as much as I thought I would on the weekend.

We were quite busy, so mostly I didn't have a chance. I went to the store on Sat and kept thinking it was my time to get something special but I didn't do much. I got a package of Bit O Honeys but forgot about them until just now (darn it!!!).

Yesterday evening, I thought I should snack just because I could and I ended up eating 2 chocolately granola bars but that was the worst of it.
Rondi
cherishedbirth.com

maura007

Woman's World Readers

Post by maura007 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:10 pm

Woman's World is one of my guilty pleasures - I buy it weekly, peruse the "diet du jour" (although in this case it would be 'week') among other things. I note that 99% of all the diets presented there have a different gimmic with the same well balanced diet underpinning it.

I kept buying because I figured that sooner or later one of the gimmics would be my gimmic - the one that would inspire me.

I like the No s diet because it is not a diet. It is a simple truth. I like the fact that there are no forbidden foods that are forever banned. I like knowing that I can have cake and eat it too, so long as I save it for the S days.

The problem isn't losing weight - anyone can do that given enough drugs or diets -- it's finding a way to live that doesn't encourage weight gain. I think this may just be the way.

Bought the book by the way -- I am waiting for it to appear in my mailbox.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:20 am

Dory,

one of the things I love about S days now is that I can enjoy some treats adn then ... yes NOT FEEL GUILTY!!!!!!!!! I think this is the first time in years I have really been able to do that.
I like the No s diet because it is not a diet. It is a simple truth.

maura007, very well put!

pinkmommy, wow, it sounds like you did great!

Blueskighs

tdd_fsj

Post by tdd_fsj » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:45 am

I also read the article in Woman's World magazine and started the No S Diet on Monday. It is so easy, I can't imagine why anyone didn't think of it sooner. I also can't wait to join the 21 club, see you there!

noSer

Post by noSer » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:56 pm

Just finished my first week of No S-ing! What a great way of eating. I was able to eat out and attend a wedding shower last weekend with no guilt, and no having to deviate from my plan. Watched 'Biggest Loser' finale last night- shouldn't have done that...While it would be great to lose that much weight that quickly, I guess I'm not really willing to do what they do. Not willing to spend 4 months away from my family, all day exercising, eating a really restricted diet. Too much energy spent on thinking about it. So, I'll be happy with my 2 lbs down this week.

Have a great day!
It's more of a waste around the waist than it is in the garbage pail.
Beginning again 04/19
April 2019: 242 :(
July 29, 2019 218.5
Aug 5, 2019 220.5
Oct 28, 2019 205.5
Nov 11, 2019 203

Jaymiz

I read it, too

Post by Jaymiz » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:36 pm

I just discovered the WW article last night, while standing in the checkout line at the grocery store. And, it sounded like such a common-sense approach that I had to buy a copy of the magazine and bring it home to find out more.

Today I read the website, and I'm convinced enough to give it a whirl (starting tomorrow, though).

I've been trying to do the "intuitive eating" thing (eat only when hungry, stop when satisfied) for the last 3 years. I had great success with it in my first 6 months, losing 25 of my excess 30 pounds! But, when I stopped "listening" to my hunger cues, I gained all the weight back. All it took was being "lenient" in the snacking & sweets department (my weak spots), and I undid all of my hard work over the course of another year. Plus, as with any program, I put on a few *extra* pounds for good measure. :-(

Anyhoo. The way I see it, since I've *known*, instinctively, that my snacking and sweets-addiction are my biggest issues (the easiest way to drop pounds, for me, is to cut back in those areas), this No S plan sounds like a sensible idea. When I started Intuitive Eating (IE) in summer 2005, I lost 2 pounds in just 2 days, JUST from stopping my mid-afternoon snacking! So, I KNOW this works... ;o) It's just a matter of being firm with myself and DOING it!

Thank you SO MUCH, Reinhard, for posting your entire "diet" on your website. That's so awesome of you, and I really, really appreciate not having to fork out the money up-front to learn how to do this. BUT, you can be sure I'll recommend this to others! I've already blogged about it. ;)
http://gethealthyreviews.blogspot.com

Jamiebf

Welcome

Post by Jamiebf » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:22 pm

I am on day 16 and this is the only diet I will ever do again in my life. I have never felt such freedom from obsessing. Thanks to Reinhard sharing his experences with us on this website we can all experence really enjoying food again without obsessing. Buy the book, it is so worth it and it is also a nice way to say thank you to Reinhard for sharing. Welcome and good luck, this does work!

patticake

Post by patticake » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:01 am

Hello to all of you no s ers. I just started my 2nd. week and I can't believe the freedom. I got rid of my diet books and all of the ww ( weight watchers)magazines I have been saving forever. I even went out and got some whole milk. I think I've been drinking skim milk since 7th grade LOL :lol: I am 52 so that is a really long time. Good Luck to all and thanks for the great posts. Patti

DianeA2Z

Post by DianeA2Z » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:12 am

patticake wrote: I even went out and got some whole milk.
Patti, I know just what you mean! I've been drinking 1% milk for years (and it took some doing to go from skim to 1%). Now I'm actually toying with the idea of whole milk. I sometimes buy soy milk, and often wonder if the soy is better than the dairy.

Diane
Visit www.MaximizeYourWellness.com
(Ok, a shameless plug). I'm just here to learn how to say No to the S!

patticake

Post by patticake » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:42 am

Hi Diane, I don't know if soy is better but I think if reg. milk does'nt bother you you should be ok. In fact when I used it this morning it almost tasted like a milkshake! I think like alot of other low fat or fat free foods I thought they didn't add up so I drank skim milk like water. The whole milk keeps you satisfied much longer. Good Luck with No S ing!