Low metabolism

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

momm243

Low metabolism

Post by momm243 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:58 pm

July 2007 I had some of my thyroid removed, since that time I have gained a lot of weight, and have noticed that I have no metabolism anymore. I am very excited about this way of eating. Since I started I am already feeling better, the 'no snack' part is really working for me, although it's the hardest part.
self discipline, and motivation

sandooch

Post by sandooch » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:16 pm

Welcome to the board, momm243!

Sandy

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:23 am

Hi momm243
I have hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid - diagnosed 8 years ago) and type 2 diabetes (diagnosed 2 years ago) and as a result I also have a very low metabolism.

If I follow No S properly (no cheating on N days) I definitely loose weight, it is slow loss, but it is a loss.

No Snacking is also my hardest part, but it is such a good feeling to not be bloated and to enjoy my meals because I am genuinely ready for some good food.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:20 am

MerryKat wrote:Hi momm243
I have hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid - diagnosed 8 years ago) and type 2 diabetes (diagnosed 2 years ago) and as a result I also have a very low metabolism.
Merry,

This makes your signature line even more telling. I think a lot people in your situation would have just resigned themselves to being heavy b/c of a slow metabolism. Interesting how this works for you even under those very difficult physical conditions.

Anne

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:02 pm

Hey Blithe (Anne)
Thank you for your kind comments.

Thanks to No S, I can forget about my 'conditions' and just enjoy my life.

It has taken me a long time to really accept that I am to blame for my weight - my conditions are a contributing factor, but not the whole picture. I am not my conditions, they are just a part of my make up.

Since originally finding No S - and loving it and loosing successfully on it - I kept allowing myself to be seduced by other quick loss plans which did not fit in with my medical issues and helped me gain till I am once again at my heaviest weight ever.

November 07 I admitted to me that my weight was a direct result of how I was living my life and since then I have been moving towards changing.

My first step was committing myself back to No S and that helped me have the most sane December that I can remember. I have stopped the daily weighing, I am allowing my clothing and how I am feeling (not bloated) to be my guide and focussing on building habits. I KNOW that the No S habits will help me keep my body healthy and get down to a healthy for me weight, which will in turn help my 'conditions'.

Thanks to being back on No S (more or less) since November 07, I have been able to reduce some of my thyroid medication and look forward to seeing when I next have blood tests what else can be reduced a bit.

Have a great day
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)