Stacy's Progress (WAS: New NoS'er here)

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Stacy Jo

Stacy's Progress (WAS: New NoS'er here)

Post by Stacy Jo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:41 pm

Hello All,

Came across NoS in Woman's World and it resinated with me. So I am on Day 2 of being a NoS'er. So far, I'm doing OK. I did have a handful of almonds yesterday and today, so I did snack.

In two days I have noticed being more "regular". I have not given up my nightly cocktail (Napa Valley Cabs - we love 'em), which technically can be considered a sweet because it is a fermented sugar.

My goal tomorrow is to not have those handfuls of almonds and to get myself to the gym ( I have been lagging on that aspect for about two weeks due to work. I go to the gym to have some "me" time mainly).

I think this is the final piece of the puzzle for me actually. I have been pretty good at portioning my meals, eating "SuperFoods" mainly as well as making sure I am drinking about 80 ounces of water every day. Prior to this I was doing the 6 meal a day thing, but that just wasn't working for me. I like the structure of the NoS.

Ultimately my goal is to drop 20-25 pounds of excess fat. I know I can achieve this moreso than ever.

Thank you Reinhard...Best regards, Stacy
Last edited by Stacy Jo on Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carajo21

Post by carajo21 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:48 pm

I read the mag. and decieded to do the plan as well!! I always "try" to make healthy choices, and do well for the most part, but i think being structured will be good for me!! I have always been a calorie counter, and tend to tell myself, if a box of cookies falls into my calorie range that is all i will eat for the day...no wonder i can't drop these 15 lbs!! No more counting calories, i have only been doing this for 3 days, but so far so good!!! :D

eizzo

day 3 also

Post by eizzo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:56 pm

I am on day three and so far so good. This is about my one millionth diet, so heres hoping.

Stacy Jo

Post by Stacy Jo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:02 pm

Hi Carajo and Eizzo!

Here's to success!

Stacy

eizzo

Hi Stacy Jo

Post by eizzo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:15 pm

You are the first one to say hi to me!!! HI

mum24

Post by mum24 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:54 pm

Hi eizzo, stacy jo & carajo21,

I'm new to this also. I'm on day 2 and doing very well. I am 44, post menopausal (due to surgery) and had gained an immediate 20lbs after surgery. I think cutting back on sugar will be the key to losing the weight and I have also joined my local Curves and work out 3x a week.

I echo Stacy...."Here's to success!!"

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:01 pm

I used to live next door to a Stacy Jo. Did you ever live in South Dakota?

PS (Hello, regardless where you are from)

sweetsong32

Post by sweetsong32 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:02 pm

Hi everyone!!
I too am new at this...day 3 for me!
:=) I was thankful I 'stumbled' up the Woman's day mag. It is my last hope to drop some of this weight!

Welcome other newbies!! :D

Feisty1

Newbie here, I start tomorrow morning.

Post by Feisty1 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:04 am

:D Hello everyone,
I'm a newbie here, I just went out to get the book, because I also read the article in the Woman's World Magazine. I've been a yo-yo dieter for my whole life and I was until today, presently counting points. I figure there has to be a better way to lose weight than constantly focusing on food ... i.e. counting points or calories, etc. I'm hoping that "simple" will be the key to my new self. Thanks Reinhard, for writing this book, I'm hoping that this whole new outlook on losing weight ... without guilt, will be just what I need to succeed.
"Face your stuff, don't stuff your face"

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:15 am

Hi, all -- I am completing my third day and am very excited about No S. I have been going to OA meetings for the past seven months but have great difficulties with the disease paradigm and other aspects of that program. My food obsession has diminished more in the past three days than in the previous seven months. I have gained and lost the same 25 pounds the past ten years . . . really, it is too boring to get into. I am sure that all of you are familiar with the scenario. I feel upset because of my weight and then work myself into such a state that I eat to console myself. Here's to new habits.

retiringsoon

New NoS'er here

Post by retiringsoon » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:58 am

Hi, Third day on this wonderful eating plan! Have been telling everyone about it...some are actually trying the diet with me! Very excited about not obsessing about food and snacking! Good luck to everyone!

viggie

Post by viggie » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:48 am

Hi everybody. I 'm 3 days out myself. So far so go. Today I chewed a piece of gum and felt so gulity :( I don't want to put a red on my habit-cal! I think this is something that I'll really be able to stick to. I did that lemonaid diet for 10 days if I can do that I can do anything.

Jamiebf

Hi to everyone

Post by Jamiebf » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:58 am

It is so great to see so many people excited about this new way of thinking. I just completed day 8 with no problems. I like all of you have obsessed about food and the scale for years. Been on every diet out there. I told my husband tonight. I will never diet again. This to me is not a diet it is a new way of life. I love it. I also love the support on this site. It is so encouraging. Good luck to you all.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:00 am

I have been going to OA meetings for the past seven months but have great difficulties with the disease paradigm and other aspects of that program. My food obsession has diminished more in the past three days than in the previous seven months.
flipturn,

I am a complete and total OA failure, I tried it many times off and on for many years ... 21?

I am on my 17th day of No S ... it seems to have "lifted my food obsession" when no amount of "working the program" could. I was convinced in OA that I could not ever eat sugar just like an alcoholic can't drink alcohol.

But on this program I have been able to have my S days and jump right back on the N day wagon without a pause.... only seventeen days so far ... but beleive me that is a miracle in itself,

welcome,
Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Jamiebf

So true

Post by Jamiebf » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:50 am

I so agree with you, I have only been 8 days and can not believe the freedom I feel on this program. I do not feel as if I am dieting. I do not obsess about food any longer. My husband hid my scales for me so I won't obsess about that.
I run our family restaurant and make all the homemade ice cream and walk by great food all day esspecially the fries, have to say the best for miles around and I do not snack any more. I use to eat fries all day. One, two, ten whatever. Now I know if I really want them I can have them with a meal. Its amazing that I have not had them with a meal. I have tried to keep it somewhat healthy but the fact that I can have them makes all the difference. Crazy thing that little mind of ours. Anyway I am thrilled with nosing. I wish I would have found it years ago.

Thanks again to Reinhard for sharing his story!!

Stacy Jo

Re: Hi Stacy Jo

Post by Stacy Jo » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:13 pm

eizzo wrote:You are the first one to say hi to me!!! HI
That's cool!

Blithe Morning - no, never lived in the Dakotas...flew over them once, but never lived there.

More later all...Best, Stacy

Stacy Jo

Post by Stacy Jo » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:14 pm

I am noticing this morning that I am a little lightheaded. I ate breakfast (whole wheat sour dough toast with butter and cup of green tea) about 8 AM. It's now 10 AM...not hungry, but just a shade of lightness in the head. I have had this before when I've gone long hours without food.

I am thinking it is due to the fact that I did not include protein in my breaktast this morning. Yesterday I did and I was fine - no snack cravings what so ever, no lightheadedness, nothing.

Anyone else experience this?

Stacy
Last edited by Stacy Jo on Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:16 pm

Hi, blueskighs -- I read your blog and really enjoyed it. I also loved what you said about your OA failure/NS success. I am so relieved that I don't have to work the steps and attempt to conjure up a spirituality that doesn't really exist for me. I also became fed up (I guess that that is a Freudian slip!) with the life stories of a few people that simply did not speak to me. I truly do believe that I had developed some really bad habits rather than a type of alcohol addicition.

Jamie -- Well done with the french fries! I look forward to hearing more about the restaurant.

Regards to all --

Amy O.

A newbie--day 3 today

Post by Amy O. » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:06 am

I am on day 3. I also read the article in Woman's World. I have been on every diet known and have had success with WW (don't want to name names here) but I always gain back the weight. I always have said to others, if I eat enough at a meal, it will stay with me and I don't really need to snack. I also eat sweets and salty stuff without even savoring the flavor. For me that action is like smokers who need a smoke or an addict that needs a fix. Food is my addiction. Since starting this, the guilt, the repulsion, the bad feelings are quickly resolving. This diet makes so much sense to me. I like the idea of having some sweets or other stuff on the weekend. I always drink lots of water and now am drinking more water now. I stopped drinking diet colas and using artificial sweetner. My joints no longer hurt. I noticed that eating more at breakfast and lunch, makes a difference in the evening. I used to sit in front of the TV and eat. Now I sit at the kitchen table and eat. I really want to sit in my leather recliner so I eat my meal, slower than I used to at the kitchen table and get to my recliner afterward. New rule, eat at the table, eat lunch and do nothing else at the same time (usually eat and work at the same time) and I still have to make time for breakfast in the morning, well, I have been eating breakfast, but in the car, on the fly. Sorry everyone if this seems like a dissertation but I am really pumped about this. Thanks to Reinhard (I think I got that right, excuse me if I didn't). I am planning to purchase the book this weekend. I need to lose over 100 pounds. I have always had a lot of energy though. I don't know if I have lost any weight yet, but my clothes feel looser. I haven't weighed myself yet, I may not. I have an idea what I weighed 3 days ago. Anyway, day 4 tomorrow and I am excited!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:35 am

I am so relieved that I don't have to work the steps and attempt to conjure up a spirituality that doesn't really exist for me.
flipturn, I read that line and just laughed out loud I don't know why that struck me as so funny.
I guess in some of these posts about OA I am working out a little bit of resentment ... for years I thought I was really beyond help if I couldn't find it in OA ... you know they laid claim to the whole last house on the block thing ... all I can say is if OA is the last house on the block this must be the lean to under the bridge ....
whatever it is and wherever it is I truly believe Reinhard was divinely inspired ... ooooooooooooooooooooh
will he be the next Bill W or Dr. Bob ...
what do you think Reinhard you could become an iconic figure and they will make tv movies about you....

well you never know... this no s diet as these boards attest to is making a really profound change in many peoples lives,
bottom line ... thank you for delivering me from OA! 8)

oh and aw shucks thank you for reading my blog

Amy O

welcome

Blueskighs

Nossuzy

Post by Nossuzy » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:40 am

I agree. I was feeling like I would never conquer my food and dieting obsessions. It was like this weight on my shoulders that was ruling my life. I even started seeing a therapist.

But after 4 days on No-S, I feel like a new person! A normal person that doesn't think about food all the time!

I am so, so, so thankful to Reinhard for sharing what he discovered with everyone.

I feel like I can finally develop a normal relationship with food.
"Whew, glad I knew about beets. They would have killed me for sure."

Amy O.

Post by Amy O. » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:26 am

Thanks Blueskies for the welcome! I am feeling so much better about food and myself. I am also a stress eater. My job can get very stressful. I manage a small business. Usually it's the customers that can stress me out. That is when I want to eat. Haven't felt that way yet, but time will tell. Well, 4:30 a.m. in Madison, WI, gotta take my dog to the vet before I go to work. See ya all later! :)

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:04 am

Nossuzy wrote:A normal person that doesn't think about food all the time!
I think normal people think about food A LOT, even most of the time. But they think about it in a pleasurable way, about enjoying it, not with dread or fear.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

haganeedle

Post by haganeedle » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:21 pm

Hi all......I read about this in woman's world also....This is my millionth try also.

But this time around feels different.....Like I got hit upside the head.....

Day 5 for me here and doing good.

Jamiebf

Great job

Post by Jamiebf » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:00 pm

Congratulations haganeedle!
You can do this. I am on day 11 and love this life plan, I will never diet again!! No more obsesses.

Have a great day

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:20 pm

Hi, blueskighs -- I love your name, which rhythms with thighs (thinner soon, thanks to NS) or sighs (no more Bill W). If you laughed out loud over what I wrote, that was also my response to the lean-to. OA wasn't a total wipe-out; I did make a new friend. I read the article in Slate about going cold-turkey off of sugar, and for some wierd reason (destiny?) looked at the reader comments (which I have never done at that website before). I read about NS and immediately called her to say that Reinhard had liberated us from the abstinence world . . . Well, blueskighs, pass the basket!

I am headed to the Y to do some flip turns. Are there any other swimmers out there?

Stacy Jo

Day 4

Post by Stacy Jo » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:23 pm

I am now starting day 4 on the NoS. This morning I went back to the breakfast of heavy on the protein (one egg, 1 slice of bacon, some cheese and salsa). I think for my body, emphasis on the protein at the beginning of the day is what will keep my metabolism revved without the lightheadedness I experienced yesterday.

Didn't make it to the gym.

Had one snack yesterday afternoon.

I think that for my S days this weekend, I will treat them as N days this first week. I want to embed the habit of the N days fully.

Weigh-ins are Sunday mornings for me. Last week I was at 162 lbs. As mentioned before, my goal is to lose 20 to 25 of excess fat. I crunched some numbers and for my bone structure and height 5'4", 110 lbs of lean muscle + 27 lbs fat is what I should be at. Right now I am at 104 lbs of lean muscle and 58 lbs of fat. So I have some ways to go, but am seeing some results this 4th day of NoS.

It's all good! Stacy

Jamiebf

think it over

Post by Jamiebf » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:19 pm

Hey stacy,
Becareful with the sdays. From everything I have read the weekends are important as well as not concentrating on the scale. I know for me, I have about 30# to loose I will not be using a scale at all. I get too caught up in the ups and downs of what the scales say. The liberating thing about this plan is no more "dieting" as we know it. What freedom. If it takes a year for me to loose that weight then so be it as long as I am not a slave to the scale and dieting obsession. I am only on day 11 but have never felt such freedom from my food obsessions.

Best of luck to you.

Stacy Jo

Post by Stacy Jo » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:39 pm

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the advice...that is why this weekend I will treat S days like N days. Just embedding the habit.

As for the weighing in part, the analytical side of me likes to look at charts, helps with the motivation. So as I track each week (which includes measurements), I'll be making a chart to put on the 'fridge or my desk.

Best, Stacy

wosnes

Re: Day 4

Post by wosnes » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:28 pm

Stacy Jo wrote:I think that for my S days this weekend, I will treat them as N days this first week. I want to embed the habit of the N days fully.
This has come up previously and was unanimously decided that it's not a good idea. I think Reinhard writes about that it the book, too. In fact, starting on an S day has been suggested because you cannot fail on an S day. S days are as much as part of the habit as No-S days.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:15 am

If you laughed out loud over what I wrote, that was also my response to the lean-to
ohhhhhh flipturn,

I didn't know if anyone would get it .. so glad you did!

you hit the nail on the head precisely ... liberated from abstinence!!!!!!!!!
glad you found a friend there,
we overeaters are a friendly bunch :wink:

anyway ... i like it flipturn the pool ... it's all coming together ... very clever

Blueskighs

boopenguin

New Nos'er here

Post by boopenguin » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:13 pm

I too am new - today is day 5 - whoopie, whoopie! I've had 5 sucessful days. The best was yesterday morning. 2 or 3 weeks ago I bought a new pair of jeans on Ebay. They turned out to be a cut unlike any I've ever worn and I couldn't zip or button them. Yesterday i WORE THEM all day. Granted I would still love them to be looser, but this was the greatest incentive to be good and not snack. Worst part is I have a bad foot and can't get into the foot doctor until May 3 - can't walk, stand, do much of anything for more than a few minutes so really can't do any workouts or yard work.

Feisty1

Re: New Nos'er here

Post by Feisty1 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:49 pm

boopenguin wrote:I too am new - today is day 5 - whoopie, whoopie! I've had 5 sucessful days. The best was yesterday morning. 2 or 3 weeks ago I bought a new pair of jeans on Ebay. They turned out to be a cut unlike any I've ever worn and I couldn't zip or button them. Yesterday i WORE THEM all day. Granted I would still love them to be looser, but this was the greatest incentive to be good and not snack. Worst part is I have a bad foot and can't get into the foot doctor until May 3 - can't walk, stand, do much of anything for more than a few minutes so really can't do any workouts or yard work.
Obviously it doesn't matter just yet ... you had a victory anyway. It must have felt AWESOME to wear the jeans! Keep up the good work, and good luck with the foot.
Sandy
"Face your stuff, don't stuff your face"

Stacy Jo

Post by Stacy Jo » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:48 pm

Ended up treating the S days as S days.

So 7 days into this, no bloating anymore. I like that! Scale didn't move, but that doesn't bother me a bit. The fact that I feel slimmer and look slimmer is a great first victory.

Stacy

Thisiswendy1970

New No-S'er here as well

Post by Thisiswendy1970 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:07 pm

*Sigh* on my first day and HUNGRY lol I am at work and usually have had candy, or gum, or a Pepsi (you get the hint) by now. This is going to take some will power for at least a few days for me.

Stacy Jo

Post by Stacy Jo » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:00 pm

Hi Wendy,

I had some challenges with that. Drink water, perhaps with some lemon squeezed into it. I found that doing this helps me, as well as green tea.

Stacy

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:14 pm

Hi Amy O,
I am learning to think of my "food addition" as a learned habit. A learned habit can be unlearned.
Case in point:
I smoked for a few years as a teen and young adult. I was lucky and was able to just stop. Lucky, as I was smoking 1 pack of cigs a day and 2 on the weekend. So I definitely had the habit. Two years after I quit, I picked up a lit co-workers cig and attempted to inhale. I stopped mid inhale as the filter was wet and I never wet my filters. It wasn't until I felt the wet filter that I had any consciousness of even picking the cig. up. So I don't feel I was addicted two years later but still re-habitating. I fully expect to find a snack in my hand down the road w/o having any conscious act of wanting it. Old habits take a while to become new habits.

Stacy Jo

Re: Day 4

Post by Stacy Jo » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:55 pm

wosnes wrote:
Stacy Jo wrote:I think that for my S days this weekend, I will treat them as N days this first week. I want to embed the habit of the N days fully.
This has come up previously and was unanimously decided that it's not a good idea. I think Reinhard writes about that it the book, too. In fact, starting on an S day has been suggested because you cannot fail on an S day. S days are as much as part of the habit as No-S days.
After thinking about this on Friday, I went on to treat S days as S days...I see the logic in it where I didn't really before (as far as starting NoS).

Stacy Jo

Post by Stacy Jo » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:59 pm

One Plate item:

What I usually do is fill 1/2 of my plate with veges/salad, 1/4 with a protein & 1/4 starch. Been doing this for a couple of months now, even before I came across NoS.

And, I eat my veges first, usually because they are the first to go cold!

Stacy

retiringsoon

No S Diet General Discussion

Post by retiringsoon » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:06 am

Well this is my second week. I am not dieting! I am eating what I love at meals. So far I have stuck with the plan. My first "S" days this past weekend. Did okay... It felt so good not to beat myself up for having sweets.

I have told my co-workers and so far we have 6 people on this plan. I do have a question. How long before I can see results? I am happy to know this is not a quick weight loss program, but just wondering what other newbies are experiencing.

I love this eating plan..I don't want to call it a diet!!

Stacy Jo

Re: No S Diet General Discussion

Post by Stacy Jo » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:31 am

retiringsoon wrote: I am happy to know this is not a quick weight loss program, but just wondering what other newbies are experiencing.

I love this eating plan..I don't want to call it a diet!!
I noticed immediately that I don't bloat, burt or pass gas (TMI!!!) right off the bat.

Today I did not cheat once! Woo Hoo!

Stacy

Stacy Jo

Post by Stacy Jo » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:56 pm

Monday - Success! No snacking. Didn't want to. Did feel a little odd driving home from work and I realized it was a touch of hunger...drank some water and that was the end of that.

Stacy

Stacy Jo

Post by Stacy Jo » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:08 pm

Tuesday 4/15: No snacking, no seconds, no sweets! Success :-)

Stacy Jo

Post by Stacy Jo » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:55 pm

4/16 - No seconds, no sweets. 15 almonds about 20 minutes after lunch - so I can't say no snacks. 60% success.

Stacy Jo

Post by Stacy Jo » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:45 pm

4/17: Thursday - No seconds, no sweets and NO SNACKS! Woo woo.

Also, just for giggles, I got on the scale this morning - down 3 lbs! Clothes are definitely looser.

This is cool.

Stacy

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:53 pm

Sounds like you're making great progress, Stacy!

And you're getting really careful about tracking... do you want to set up a thread for yourself in the "Daily Check In" forum? A lot of us do that, and you look as though you're ready to jump in with the crowd. :)

Stacy Jo

Post by Stacy Jo » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:24 pm

Actually, I already did! Been neglecting that thread. Thanks for the reminder :-)

sandooch

Post by sandooch » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:33 pm

Just wanted to tell you that I, too, think you are doing an awesome job! Image

Sandy

DeboraAnn

Post by DeboraAnn » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:09 pm

This is a first for me so here goes.
I am new to the NoSSystem. Read about it in Woman's World also and ordered the book which I received yesterday.
I have been on the program 6 days now and am feeling such a sense of relief after dieting my life away for the past 30+ years.
I've wasted so much time trying one diet after another and allowing my dieting successes and failures to define who I was.
I would like to lose 20-25 pounds but I've not weighed in yet (beyond my start weight) as I've always been more about how I feel and how my clothes fit than about a number on the scale. I think I will wait just a few more days to check.
I had started with the info in the article and the book just helped me to tweak things a bit.
I'm feeling really good right now and think I could do this the rest of my life no matter what I lose and how fast I lose it. I'm just so happy to not be counting calories, points, grams...etc. I could write my own book...a conglomerate of every single fad, food and formula that I've tried!
For the first time I can go to sleep at night and not wake up in the morning obsessing about what I've eaten and what I'm going to eat!
Keep me in your thoughts.
DeboraAnn

Stacy Jo

Post by Stacy Jo » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:45 pm

Welcome to the Nos DeboraAnn. I think you'll find this way of eating is superior to anything out there.

OK - so I went and tried on some pants today - I can get into a size 8!!!

Woo woo! Size 6, here I come :-)

BTW, I'm 5'4", on the vertically challenged side (The love of my life is 6'2", nice to have him around when I need something on the top shelf and for other activities ;-) ).

lola628

Post by lola628 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:37 am

[quote="blueskighs"]\for years I thought I was really beyond help if I couldn't find it in OA ... you know they laid claim to the whole last house on the block thing ... all I can say is if OA is the last house on the block this must be the lean to under the bridge ....[/quote]

Well said Blueskighs! That's exactly how I feel too.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:45 pm

DeboraAnn,
welcome! Like you I have about 15-25 pounds to lose (I have no idea what a sustainable body weight would/will be) ... HOWEVER ...

I too feel like
I could do this the rest of my life no matter what I lose and how fast I lose it.
Blueskighs

Stacy Jo

Post by Stacy Jo » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:37 am

Weekend S days went good. Treated myself without overdoing it.

BTW...I seriously don't mind people carrying on threads within my thread, but it is my progress thread...so let's keep it to what I am doing, how I'm doing, any sub-threads that relate to that. Thanks!

Best of success to everyone.

Stacy

Stacy Jo

Post by Stacy Jo » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:11 pm

Our Sunday dinner (with neighbours) was heavy...both me and my sweetie were really feeling it this morning. Amazing how the body adjusts to healthy food and not so healthy food can make one feel sluggish.

Stacy Jo

Post by Stacy Jo » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:12 pm

So the no snacking is finally really coming under reign...this is such a milestone for me...yippee!

Stacy Jo

Post by Stacy Jo » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:59 pm

JOb hunting has taken most of my attention over the past few days...but am sticking with the plan...so that is a good thing.

Saw an increase in weight, but that was last night...will see what it is on Wed AM.

Ta for now...Stacy