Got too hungry!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

fatfarmlady

Got too hungry!

Post by fatfarmlady » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:47 pm

this fat farm lady got too hungry today and snitched a cookie and a handful of potato chips! shame on me! at least i didn't eat the whole bag! :) I am having a hard time eating enough at mealtimes, I think. I have been eating only salads with chicken or fish in them and that's all. I did get in a good walk today. I only had a bowl of cereal for breakfast today. I need to eat some of my own eggs instead of saving them for others. Thanks to everybody for their concern and support. I am going to figure this thing out and make it work for me. If I can survive a meal replacement diet with 1 day a week drinking only an ugly concoction called a detox day, I can master this I would think.

FFL :lol:
Do your best and God will take care of the rest!

Melsie52

Hello

Post by Melsie52 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:05 am

:D Dear FFL,

I was on Medifast and I know what you mean about serving on these liquid diets. I got to eat a protein and a vege at night, but it left me feeling like something was always missing and it just wasn't the real world.

Just a suggestion: Eyeball the plate maybe divide it up and make sure you get good delicious protein, veges and maybe some fruit in there too and even put some almonds in your salad on your plate, thus more protein. This is what I did yesterday: My husband and I grilled a boneless pork chop on the barbe, with green beans and some boiled red potatoes with light sour cream. It was so yummy and satisfying. I made it until morning with out a problem. Needless to say, I had a nice portion of the chop and it really did make a difference.

I hope it helps some.

Your friend to the southwest of you,

Melanie in Colorado 8)
Life for me is a bowl of cherries=Enjoy them on one plate. :)
Wght: 165

Started No S on 4/11/08

fatfarmlady

got too hungry

Post by fatfarmlady » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:05 am

Hi Melanie,
My daughter is named Melanie! And she is one of my biggest non supporters, always saying "another diet?" She is tall and skinny and I am short and fat. One thing that is bad, is the longer days make for later suppers for farmers. I am going to have to eat sooner than my hubby and just heat his up for him when he comes in. Usually around 9pm. I am not a night eater. My biggest snack time is around 10:30 am. We eat breakfast early too when the sun comes up earlier. Tomorrow's menu at school where i work in the kitchen is my favorite, taco salad. We get a whole 10 min to eat, standing up.

Got to keep the No S in my head all day long. no slacking, no sofa and no snitching! Hope you don't live in the drought area of Colorado. we just got off 7 yrs. of drought. Not fun!

fat farm lady :)

Melsie52

Good Evening

Post by Melsie52 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:53 am

FFL,

I live in the burbs. I am in Highlands Ranch. I read the best article today. We forget about ourselves and everyone else always comes before us. Eat earlier, eat when it satisfies you. Have some iced tea with your hubby while he eats at 9PM. Have good conversation with him. It's easy to keep dinner warm. That's why we have microwaves and slow cookers. Make your habit work for you. As far as my namesake, be honest with her, you want to get healthy to see her graduate and dance at her wedding. My dear friend life is so short and so is you lunch time :D . Do the best you can with that one. You can and I know you will. Honestly there is nothing better out there.

I have had my first S day and ate at Red Robin and had ice cream for desert and enjoyed every minute of it. I exercised 4 days this wee and will be going on to 5 next week.

I am with you all the way friend,
Melanie in Colorado
Life for me is a bowl of cherries=Enjoy them on one plate. :)
Wght: 165

Started No S on 4/11/08

noSer

Post by noSer » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:17 pm

Had to laugh when I read your user name. I would have used it myself had I thought of it. My husband farms, too, and you're right about the late meals. I know he has a snack in the afternoon, though, so I've decided I have to eat before I am crazy hungry. I just finished my first week, and did good! The No S mantra runs through my head all day long. The best thing I've found is to go do something else for awhile when you feel like snacking. Also, chew a piece of gum. And eat good portions at meals. This is a slow and steady way of life, not a deprivation diet.

Have a great day!
It's more of a waste around the waist than it is in the garbage pail.
Beginning again 04/19
April 2019: 242 :(
July 29, 2019 218.5
Aug 5, 2019 220.5
Oct 28, 2019 205.5
Nov 11, 2019 203

fatfarmlady

My first week

Post by fatfarmlady » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:16 am

Thanks NoSer for the nice reply and support. that was definitely lacking in all my past diet attempts. I had a great test during my first week. my father ended up in the hospital after 2 falls in one night. found out his gall bladder was bad. they send him to a different hospital farther away and they said his gall bladder doesn't need surgery but they will do surgery on his feet and arms to increase circulation. for a few years now, he has had a balance problem and had to use a walker. I usually cave and eat candy bars and diet pop, and other useless things in hospitals. I did very well. I declared yesterday a special day and ate birthday cake with my granddaughter who was 2. Tomorrow i have to be on the road early, so will have to make my S day count and not go overboard. I had a 1 pound weight loss! :D My goal is one pound a week. Hang in there ladies, warm weather will soon be here and walking will be easier to do.

ffl 8)