Lola's Daily Chekin'

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Lola

Lola's Daily Chekin'

Post by Lola » Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:22 am

Starting to do No-S "undiet" next week. Really like the homesite..makes sense. Gearing myself up psychologically...posts are a big help to the newcomer. Anyone have any super results on lbs. lost? Anything inspiring will do! :wink:

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:34 am

I started No-S June 6. as of July 29 I lost 9 lbs or 5% of body weight which was my first goal. I consider this a "super result," as it is my goal achieved.

Going for the next 5% now. When I have achieved this next goal I expect to be on TOP of the WORLD.
Chance favors the prepared. - Louis Pasteur

Prodigalsun

Superresults

Post by Prodigalsun » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:11 pm

It's a great system, ridiculously simple, and easy to stick to.

My results after 14 days:

Sugar Cravings: 1/3 of what they used to be
After SG and walking/running: I feel much better
Weight Lost: 16 pounds (started at 260 down to 244, with great weight comes great early losses on NoS).

Good luck!
--

Starting Weight: 275
Current: 269
Goal: 190

"I shovel well, I shovel very very well."

Prodigalsun

navin

Post by navin » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:41 pm

As for me - roughyl 23 lbs lost (goal is another 17 or so.) So it works, this community is living proof!

Good luck Lola.

Lola

Thanks for the superresults ideas!

Post by Lola » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:08 pm

Lookin' forward to starting this No-S....sounds ridiculously simple, but boy do I eat between meals a lot! Probably because I don't eat a hearty enough meal. Go to Curves religiously every week at least 4x. I plan to increase and add walking. We'll see about shovelglove? :D

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:10 am

The biggest thing I've noticed is that I am more aware of the eating I'm doing. It was so mindless before, everytime I'd come down stairs, I'd cruise through the kitchen and cram my face. Or in the office, someone would bring donuts, and I'd be on my third one before I realized it.
--

Starting Weight: 275
Current: 269
Goal: 190

"I shovel well, I shovel very very well."

Prodigalsun

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:00 pm

Welcome, Lola. The first few weeks are the hardest. It's the opposite from most other diets. But it's better this way (as long as you brace yourself and don't get discouraged): setbacks are quick and up front. Once you get past them habit makes it natural and easy and fun.

Lola

2 days into No-S!

Post by Lola » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:54 am

Just finished first 2 days on No-S. Wow! I didn't realize how much snacking and sugar items I normally eat when I've anti-ed them from my day. I have kept myself busy, but I have been hungry when mealtime comes around--and that's a new sensation--'cause I have bowed to snacking for so many years. So far, I really like the simplicity of the No-S. I have found that I am eating bigger portions on my plate than normal.
So, we'll see. I haven't been dreaming about my "S" days at all--very happy about that! Workouts are at Curves. :o