April's Results

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

tgp157

April's Results

Post by tgp157 » Thu May 01, 2008 4:02 pm

I started 4/3 & for the month of April I had 23 Days on Habit with 4 Red days :cry: :twisted: :oops: . Not perfect but 23 out of 27 days is better that what I was doing before--basically nothing. I can't say that I've lost any weight b/c I haven't weighted but I feel good about the habits getting easier & taking hold. I would love to have dropped a size but I realize that may come later as I accumulate more & more Days on Habit. Just gotta hang in there.
Pam
A Success Story in the Making
NoS-ing since 6/1/09

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu May 01, 2008 4:06 pm

Pam,

it sounds like things are going well for you ... this is a good idea ... April results. I have been enjoying the posts about really changing our habits and being it in for the long haul ... me too!

April was a good month for me too. I had one NWS day, so my habit cal for April was green and yellow, i have pretty much taken to this as a duck takes to water ...

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Thu May 01, 2008 4:47 pm

I started on April 7 and have only had one red day. Just as others have said on another thread, it was on day 21. It seems as though that is like a runner hitting that wall. Other than the one red, everything has been going well. Thanks, Blue, for all of your insight and inspiration. We must have a lot in common because I agree with everything that you say!

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Thu May 01, 2008 5:07 pm

Here's my original post but I'm linking it here because I didn't know there was going to be an April results post! :)

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic ... highlight=

All green and yellow on HabitCal for diet; only one red square for coffee glass ceiling, didn't do really well with mother-in-law anger management, but getting better.

f

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Thu May 01, 2008 5:21 pm

I joined 21 days ago today, and have had only 2 (minor) red squares on my Habitcal, so I'm very pleased with how I'm doing, feeling and eating. :D

The next 21 days I'll be focusing on No Scaling, and portion size.
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

Beckycan

Post by Beckycan » Thu May 01, 2008 5:57 pm

I started April 14 --

Had 7 green days, 6 red days, and 4 yellow days.

Goal for May, more green days than red+yellow days combined. (Or course I would love to have NO RED Days in May, but don't want to set myself up to fail.)

:D Lost 3 lbs. in April. :!:

Becky
SW 295
CW 292
GW 175

A turtle travels only when he sticks his neck out. Korean Proverb

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Fri May 02, 2008 12:17 am

Excellent work, everyone!

I really got serious about sticking to No S on April 12th when I started posting and keeping a HabitCal. Since then, I logged 3 reds, 7 yellows, and 9 greens!

My goal for May is to have no more than one red each week. And to have some week(s) that are all green! And to keep my reds limited....like I had two small "oops" type reds, and one "insane" red....I hope to use the support and skills that I'm learning here to keep the reds little.

My last red (failure) was from licking the knife that the kids left in a jar of marshmallow fluff. My hubby was standing there and I started ranting about failing over licking MARSHMALLOW FLUFF off a knife! So then I proceeded to have two Dove dark chocolates! LOL! But I was able to contain it.

Let's all make May a great month on habit!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri May 02, 2008 3:46 am

hey Flipturn,

thank you for the kind words, we must be surfing on the same wave :D

Blue
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

drswife

Post by drswife » Fri May 02, 2008 6:41 am

I had no red days for april and am on my 4th week. I have a question though...I can't see the month of april on my habitcal anymore and not sure how to access it?

Also, wanted to say that I wouldn't count licking a knife as a red. I cook a lot and so have to taste the food. I have just a few very small tastes though but think we need to be reasonable w/ ourselves!

I haven't weighed myself but definitely feel a bit smaller in the waist area. This is the healthiest I've felt around food in about 20 years though so that is priceless!

Keep up the good work everyone!

L :)

noSer

Post by noSer » Fri May 02, 2008 1:13 pm

Fun idea for a thread. Started no S-ing April 9. Had 13 green days and 9 yellow days. Besides weekends, two of those were birthdays, and only had cake and ice cream extra, and one was a sick day, and I don't really remember what I had, but it did involve snacks. I was so proud of my success that I started May off with a red day.:( You know what they say about pride. Also, I am down 5 lbs, but have a tremendous ways to go. Just trying to get down to my drivers license weight!:wink:

Anyway, Drs Wife, to see your last month habitcal, look at the top of your habitcal page and there is a sentence that says Show last 1 months habitcal. Change that to 2, and click on Show. That should give you last month as well.

Keep up the good work everybody!
It's more of a waste around the waist than it is in the garbage pail.
Beginning again 04/19
April 2019: 242 :(
July 29, 2019 218.5
Aug 5, 2019 220.5
Oct 28, 2019 205.5
Nov 11, 2019 203

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Fri May 02, 2008 1:14 pm

I'll check in for April here too. I began No S on April 11, so I have 18 days. I was on vacation last week, so I counted those days as S days, but I limited my esses to only when it was appropriate. (No bingeing, very rare snacking, no huge desserts, etc.) So, I have 9 green days and 8 yellow days in April. Not a red day in sight on the diet calendar. The other calendars are a work in progress. I'm using one of them as my scales check (going well) and the other for 14 minutes of exercise (just beginning, so we'll see on that one).

L (drswife), if you haven't figured it out yet: At the top of the HabitCal page, if you change the settings to "show the last two months from May 2008", it will show you April and May. ("Show the last three months from May" would show you March, April and May...)

Let's keep up the good work, everybody! :D
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sat May 03, 2008 3:50 pm

drswife wrote:
Also, wanted to say that I wouldn't count licking a knife as a red. I cook a lot and so have to taste the food. I have just a few very small tastes though but think we need to be reasonable w/ ourselves!

I haven't weighed myself but definitely feel a bit smaller in the waist area. This is the healthiest I've felt around food in about 20 years though so that is priceless!

Keep up the good work everyone!

L :)
Thanks, DrsWife. To me, it was a failure, because I licked the knife mindlessly. And it was quite a bit after dinner was over. That is a big problem for me...the old "SeeFoodDiet", I see food, and I eat it, without even thinking about it.

I love the feeling healthy around food....that is simply awesome, isn't it?

lola628

APRIL RESULTS

Post by lola628 » Sat May 03, 2008 4:09 pm

16 Green Days
8 Yellow S days
3 RED days

Started No S on April 4th.

I'm not shrinking yet, but I do agree with drswife, being around food without getting all mental is priceless! I've been in Europe for the past two weeks so I haven't been at home to weight myself. I've been cycling a lot and eating decently during N days.....

I really home this plan works for some sort of consistant weight loss -- I'm really hoping my years of ridiculous low carb eating hasn't permanently screwed up my metabolism -- that would be very unfortunate.