Really works.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ida

Really works.

Post by ida » Mon May 16, 2005 1:11 pm

I've been following something very similar for a while now, and it really works. I've lost 31lb since feburary, and I wasn't even extremely overweight to start with! I've been losing around 2lb a week. My version was basically no sugar, no snacks, and s-days weren't sat/sun, only special occasions. I also expanded the "no sugar" to encompass "no very refined flours alone", as for me, white bread etc. was as much of a problem as candy and cake. I do however eat ryebread (staple food here), pizza base , pasta without problems.

It took a few days to get used to it, but I've "coped" now for 3 months, am fitter, healthier, and less stressed. I used to use sugar etc as an emotional crutch without realising it, and now that I've stopped that behaviour, I'm much more balanced, and less angry.

I would say to anyone who was considering this, "go for it!" it really works and it doesnt affect your life that much. And you really start to appriciate treats. And your teeth improve (decay stops actively occuring without sugary/processed foods). And you make better choices, in my expierence cravings for really nutritionally poor foods fade away.

Just for info:
start: 140lb
now: 119lb
goal: 110lb
height: 5'3

Apologises for the poor english, it's not native :wink:

Love Ida xx :)

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon May 16, 2005 4:27 pm

I was so glad to hear about your success. And don't apologize for your English...it's just fine! :D

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue May 17, 2005 1:41 pm

Ida, thanks so much for posting. That's an astonishing success. Obviously a little stricter than nos, but close, and wow, if you lost any faster I'd be worried!

I've been hearing a lot from people who've independently discovered no-s-like diet plans. It's very encouraging! If no one else had thought to do something so seemingly obvious, I might start to wonder if maybe there wasn't some hidden catch. But of course, plenty have, and very successfully. So thanks again! Check in now and then to let us know how it's going.