Sports

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Peggy

Sports

Post by Peggy » Wed May 14, 2008 8:08 pm

Hello out there. I am wondering what a person should be eating when out golfing as I found that I was running low on fuel by the end of my game. I ususally take an apple or nuts to munch on. I would like some help on this as I am trying to keep to the meal plan. :roll:

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Wed May 14, 2008 10:06 pm

Can you have lunch before golf? :)

I have an apple and nuts on weekends before my big 2 hour lovely walk in the city.

f
One must know his limitations. -- John Milius
Beginning weight: 115
Currently: Haven't a clue

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Wed May 14, 2008 10:45 pm

Peggy, lots of us exercise strenuously or just due to our lifestyles have to go many hours in between meals. Since snacks are out of the question (no matter how healthy) on N days, you will need to figure out how much you need to eat at meal time and what types of food you need to eat to keep up your strength. Fiber works for me.

I also found out that there was a period of adjustment. I felt so out of steam in the beginning if I did my 3 mile walk before dinner, but doing it after dinner just doesn’t end up happening way too often. So I take my bottle of water and sip a bit here and there. And after 3 months I find I can do the walk without feeling bad at all. And it sure is great to come home, sit down to dinner and then be able to relax with my kids, exercise out of the way.

I know in the beginning it seems so odd to follow a plan that says no snacking before exercise, after all, that goes against what many of "them" say. But you have to look at the big picture. The more we know about healthy snacking, and the more healthy snacks that are available has gotten us nowhere. We are fatter as a society than ever.

I highly recommend you getting and reading Reinhard's book. It debunks a lot of myths that have done nothing but keep us fat. A lot of things aren’t our fault really, but once you know the truth, you will be in control once and for all.
Dawn

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Wed May 14, 2008 11:30 pm

I don't eat anything special before or during a workout. I just have a good breakfast. I usually work out a couple to three hours before lunch. I admit I'm usually pretty ready for lunch by the time it rolls around, but I don't do anything special because I'm exercising.

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Thu May 15, 2008 2:17 pm

Hi, Peggy -- My mother was an excellent golfer who won her club's ladies' championship numerous times. She always ate her 'lucky' breakfast of a bowl of grapenuts topped with fruit, raisins and a few nuts. It makes me smile to think about it, because she has been dead for many years. Good luck! Oh, I guess that I will add that I swim laps for 50-60 minutes a day but don't eat breakfast until afterwards.